💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Britney's 'Lucky' turns 20 years old!

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

lucky.jpg.f1b621f412381694af9bb10f15a1b0

On July 13 2000, Britney Spears released the iconic music video for Lucky, the second single off her Oops!... I Did It Again album. It was shot on June 12 and 13 of that year and it was directed by Dave Meyers, who would later direct the videos for Boys and Radar, as well as the unfinished Outrageous.

"Lucky". The song tells a story about a famous movie star named Lucky, who, despite seemingly having it all – fame, wealth, beauty – is truly lonely and unhappy on the inside. It was praised by music critics, who considered its melody and rhythm as sweet and catchy, and noted the lyrics to be about Spears herself.

"Lucky" achieved commercial success worldwide, peaking at number 1 in Austria, Germany, Sweden and Switzerland, while reaching the top 10 in several European countries. In the United Kingdom, the song peaked at number 5, and is Spears' tenth best-selling single in the country, having sold over 225,000 copies there. It also peaked at number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States. An accompanying music video was directed by Dave Meyers, and portrays Spears as herself and a melancholy movie star Lucky, who just wants to have some fun in life. 

britney+lucky+3.gif

Making of the video:

Spoiler

This song is so underrated :bradley:

The way this song has been so fitting to her life :bradley:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Lucas

One of Britney's most iconic songs tbh. She's always absolutley gorgeous but that look of her as Lucky is absolutely heavenly

justinfrederic

:poot: :tony: :selena: flutter: :billie: :awkney: :bradley: :nick: :ohno: :hor: :woot: :sweat: :air: :diane: :ohwell: :ladyhaha: :vegas: :kara: :triggered: :cryga: :fthis: :kiss: :deadbanana: :heart: :hug:

Sepsami

These lyrics cut deep though, I can't stand listening to it without getting emotional. Ballad B*tch is so underrated tbh :diane:

raragaga

yeah i know i'm old :neyde:

xoxo

ImTired

The way we thought this song was deep back then. :billie:

And now its literally her. :bradley:

One of my most favorite songs from her! :firega:

ImTired
2 hours ago, VenusHooker said:

Congratulations:applause: Let's celebrate by watching the video in 4K

The crispy picture turned me straight! :vegas:

Archived