Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

BLACKPINK as opening act?

Gagadonna

Featured Posts

jimmytimestep

y'all can keep fighting i suppose but it aint gonna happen

tbh i cant remember the last time gaga *ever* had an opening act that wasn't a DJ 

and upon thinking about that, it's probably because a big opening act requires billing and therefore the contract is different (and more expensive for the headlining artist). Gaga ain't paying big bucks for anyone to open for her. Hell, she's one of the only solo Superbowl sets ever.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Linus Gaga
10 hours ago, JustTea said:

They should especially in the US and Europe where they need promo. Blackpink is too huge in Asia though.

11 hours ago, RockShow said:

I love Blackpink but they clearly need Gaga's help in the US and the UK

:huntyga: At least they got real US promo before Covid

(not pre recorded performance on Jimmy last week)

Hit me a message and say hi !

Leoj305
13 hours ago, TottoLand said:

blackpink has much more fans worldwide than Gaga has. However, Gaga and Hollywood celebs are known by whole world as American culture is very influential.

But, opening act for Gaga? I dont think so. They get like 2 million dollar for concert. Thats what Gaga get too.

They are too famous to be an opening act for today. 

What? Where does black pink have more fans than lady Gaga? They have an album as big as ASIB/ BTW? 

SMILE2NE1

I love Gaga, and have been a fan for 10 years but Blackpink are too big to open. Firstly, they hit 80m streams in a day, all the girls get 5m likes on every IG post, their song streams are out of this world. Perhaps it would be good for them to tour with Gaga in some Western countries but their fans would literally outbuy monsters for tickets. Also, remember that Asia where most of their fanbase is accounts for over half the world population, whereas the USA is only less than 5%.

In terms of icon status, Gaga is way bigger. But in terms of being current fandom and hysteria, it's Blackpink.

JoshuaT

I could see them performing Sour Candy in one show in the U.S, but as an opening act, nope, not realistic. 

JustTea

I just don't see BP selling out huge stadiums in Europe or US but together with Gaga they would sell out the biggest stadiums in every country. :tony:

Gaga's demand is already huge after ASIB smashing. I bet GP would be willing to see her live just for Shallow. :giggle:

JRCF29
16 hours ago, Venusfly said:

It would be cool but BP can do their own large tours already, it wouldn't be a great fit :poot:

In North America though? I doubt they’d sell out Fenway it MetLife tbh. Unfortunately, the timing doesn’t really line up here; if the tour was still this year I’d say it would be a possibility because they’d have a new album to promote. Although I guess they could do what Gaga is doing and tour it next year. But tbH, id much prefer Charli, PCD, or even DJWS

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
5 minutes ago, JustTea said:

I bet GP would be willing to see her live just for Shallow. :giggle:

Funny, because I’d be willing to pay extra if she doesn’t perform shallow :ohwell:

Spoiler

Drag me :firega:

Don't Call Me Gaga

weed

I would say they’re too big for opening act. Even if they’re not that well known in USA, idk any of their songs apart from recent single, the money they’re making is far more than any opening acts usually do. 100s of millions of views lol and we used to have Lady Starlight

Madame Goo Goo
17 hours ago, Sherry1411 said:

Blackpink could be an opening act because Interscope is their label in US and BP need more recognition in the US. They may use Gaga for BP promotion. Blackpink alone barely cracks top 40 on bb100 but with 1 day of tracking of SC they reached 33. 

They reached #33 after it's first full tracking week. It was also their first top 40 hit.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Sherry
1 hour ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

They reached #33 after it's first full tracking week. It was also their first top 40 hit.

They lost 1 day of tracking tho which hurts me to this day :fatcat:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

RockShow
7 hours ago, Linus Gaga said:

:huntyga: At least they got real US promo before Covid

(not pre recorded performance on Jimmy last week)

Still

Sepsami
21 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

Yes, they do. But Gaga is supported much more by the general public than BLACKPINK is. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, I love them both, but to me, Gaga is undoubtedly more successful. 

T gaga is more successful obvi, but BP are the new it girls (globally) but they're a manufactured pop group with only very few songs so not sure how long it'll last

Sepsami
20 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

Their fans would buy all of the tickets and there would be none left for monsters. :enigma:

Would they do? Some UK fans sure but most of them are underage and wouldn't even be allowed to go to a Gaga concert (let alone travel abroad) so :poot:

• Admin changed the title to BLACKPINK as opening act?

Archived