Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Youtube 10 years ago - TikTok trends of today

Xoxo Adriana

Featured Posts

Xoxo Adriana

imo majority of tiktok trends are really stupid and annoying. 10+ years ago youtube and myspace were basically tiktok, they carried out of a lot of trends that became popular, here are a few:

Dacing in the Apple store:

this one became pretty trendy circa 2010/11. famous youtubers like iJustine and many others participated in this trend. it is what the title suggests, you would go to an apple store and use one of the display macbooks to crank up some music from itunes and dance randomly in front of other customers. the results were HILARIOUS -

Makeup tutorials ~ recreating famous celebrity looks:

huge youtubers like Michelle Pham and Nikkie Tutorials became famous for recreating famous looks from Gaga, Katy Perry and many more icons. Michelle specifically started the trend of recreating popular lady gaga looks. this is still kind of a trend today tiktok/youtube, however it just isn’t the same and isn’t as creative as these ones displayed.

Sims music video recreations:

basically any music video existed had its own corresponding fan-made Sims version, either created on The Sims 2 or 3. Gaga became very trendy through this, as well as many other artists like Katy Perry - who even went on to create her own official expansion pack for The Sims 3 during the Teenage Dream era.

overall, i think tiktok has *some* cool ideas, but NOTHING will beat the creativity people put into youtube years ago. whilst youtube is still pretty popular, tiktok seems to be taking youtube’s spotlight a bit. 

if you can think up any more, suggest them in the comments below!

tumblr_m24f9lZrpu1rskuefo1_400.gifv

TwilightMonster

I remember watching The Sims video recreations of Gaga and Katy years ago :toofunny: memories omg 

Katy and Gaga stan

Helxig

What I used to love about YouTube was the sense of community. There was just a handful of popular YouTubers who all tried to support each other, and would fly across country, or across the globe, to meet each other and collaborate/hang out. And there were tags that would go around like the 'what's in my purse' tag. It was a really simple and fun time where the goal was to have fun and support each other. The platform has completely changed, and I still enjoy it so much, but I do miss that era sometimes.

Also people could be free to post what they wanted without being demonetised, or worrying about the competition, or gEtTiNg On ThE aLgOrItHm

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Xoxo Adriana
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Barack Obama impersonations

i think impersonations in general were quite the hype. the ariana ones omg:enigma:

Archived