💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE || Homogenic - Björk

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Welcome to the Megarate of Homogenic by Björk!

From now on, we will have a twist! See below for more information on that.

I am going to be doing a series of Björk Megarates over the upcoming few weeks. The plan is to go over the albums in chronological order for as long as people are interested in participating.

Last week, we rated Post. This week, we will be going over Homogenic.

***

Homogenic-Megarate.jpg

Homogenic (1997) is the third studio album by Björk. The album marked a stylistic change to her artistry, combining electronic, volcanic beats and string instruments with songs in tribute to her native country Iceland, overlaid with powerful and captivating vocals.  Marking a turn away from shiny experimental pop towards darker, more challenging themes, it set the tone for Björk's boldest and most innovative work. It is considered to be her best album by many of her fans.
Homogenic received very high critical acclaim upon release, with many critics ranking it among the best albums of its year. It also debuted and peaked at #28 in the Billboard 200. Homogenic is still considered one of the best albums of all time, and Björk’s most groundbreaking work.

Tracklist:

1. Hunter
2. Jóga
3. Unravel
4. Bachelorette
5. All Neon Like
6. 5 Years
7. Immature
8. Alarm Call
9. Pluto
10. All Is Full of Love (Howie’s Version)
11. All Is Full of Love (Original Version)
12. So Broken
13. Sod Off
14. My Snare/Nature is Ancient

Note: All Is Full of Love (Howie’s Version) is the version that appears on the album, while the second version in the tracklist is the original mix which Björk first made, and which appears in the music video.

***

Submit your rates here: https://forms.gle/xwg7EWtvPJtLmKPu5

We will be rating all the songs on the standard edition of the album, in addition to four bonus tracks: All Is Full of Love (Original Version), So Broken, Sod Off, My Snare/Nature is Ancient. Links for the album and the bonus tracks are posted below.

Links:

Rules:

1-      Rate each song from 1 to 10
2-      You may give one 11
3-      You may give one 0
4-      Decimals are allowed and encouraged (higher than 1 and lower than 10, e.g. no 0.5 or 10.2)
5-      Comments will not be on the form, but please do comment on the thread when each song is announced (I will make sure to leave a short interval between each song for everyone to get a chance to discuss and reply)
6-      Do NOT troll
7-      Have fun!

Twist!

In the ranking form, you will notice that the last question is a required prediction of the Top 3. Here is the fun twist: every voter will predict the Top 3 tracks and whoever gets it right first will get to give a 15 instead of an 11 on the next Megarate. If no one gets it right, I will try  to find the person with the closest prediction (correct songs but different order, most correct songs, etc.) and declare them as winner! 

Deadlines:

Spoiler

Send in your scores by July 18th

The ceremony will take place on July 19th @ 19:00 (7PM) GMT

Participants:

Taglist:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF

I'm in! I need to re-listen to My Snare/Nature is Ancient and I'll send my rates afterwards. :unicorn:

Butters Stotch

Sending mine right now :ohno:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

alsemanche

The link to the form is wrong lemme fix it real quick 

L0NEL1GHTS
9 minutes ago, DavidLuis198 said:

If 5 Years isn't top 5... :interestinga:

I’ll be surprised if it lives that long :ladyhaha:

littlepotter

Damn you are committed to this yooborne fossak

Not her best album but iconic nevertheless :ally:

Unravel, Alarm Call and Pluto for Top 3 

(But we also need another Top 3 for Joga, Bachelorette and All Is Full Of Love)

(The rest can choke)

chaeri pls

alsemanche
5 hours ago, ChavaWM said:

Can't believe I've never been invited to a Björk megarate

I'm 1000% in

Sorry!! I'll make sure to tag you in the next ones :heart:

46 minutes ago, Babel said:

I wasn’t tagged but I will be joining this one! 

Omg sorry i copied the previous taglist and forgot to add you :toofunny:

alsemanche
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

Damn you are committed to this yooborne fossak

I'm just super bored babe :messga:

alsemanche

Also i just realized that there's no way for y'all to decide on the order of the top 3 in the form :selena: so I'll give the win to whoever gets them right regardless of order and fix it in the next Megarate :selena:

Archived