Revealed something personal to the world? Off the top of my head:

- Revealed her sexuality

- Daddy issues

- The fact her aunt died from lupus and how she lost her hand

- The family trauma that caused

- Her being raped multiple times

- Her psychotic break

- Her drug habits

and y’all are pressed over a break up video... it’s comedy. 

I’m not saying Gaga shouldn’t have done that. Its just hypocritical for Gaga stans to complain when others do it. It’s not even complain worthy. Just say you (not you specifically) hate youtubers and sit there and eat your food, but you’re never gonna justify it. 

I was more thinking about her personal relationships, but since you should bring that up: it took her years to open up about those subjects, and she didn't do so to get press or through monetized YouTube videos - there was nothing opportunistic or crass about the way she talked about those subjects. And if you can't tell the difference between her and YouTubers who essentially have nothing more to sell than themselves (I'm sure there's a word for this), then I don't know what to tell you.

COOOK
1 hour ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Yes, it is. Other stans decided Joey’s content was valuable so the attempted invalidation by other stans in the way that others are doing it here is ludacris. Also, how am I invalidating art? High art and low art can coexist. 

and secondly, it’s so obvious that Gaga has never posted a breakup video. If you understood the original comment I was replying to, it invalidated all forms of personal expression that’s put online. It’s just hypocritical as a Gaga stan to say that bc Gaga has done the same thing. I tired to get a sensible reply but ofc they didn’t give one. 

At the end of the day, what really matters is if this medium works for Joey and Daniel. And it does. So good for them. I’m not forcing anyone to support, I’m just saying show respect, especially when you stan someone like Lady Gaga. 

Look I get that you're defending the YouTube vlog culture as a valid art form, which it is, but this choice of how to announce a breakup is defending the indefensible. This is what people are complaining about: this specific content, not the outlet or any other content. It comes across as purposefully monetizing from a personal breakup, and that cannot be compared to the reason why Lady Gaga writes music.

Considering criticizing this as "invalidating all forms of personal expression that’s put online" is pretty vague, it can be understood as: Lady Gaga can write songs about her experiences so A posting hate comments to B is just as valid because that's also a form of personal expression put online. I only put Lady Gaga as an example because you brought her up but it's applied to any other artist, YouTubers included, so again this is not a stan positioning situation, at least from what I'm trying to say.

2 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Revealed something personal to the world? Off the top of my head:

- Revealed her sexuality

- Daddy issues

- The fact her aunt died from lupus and how she lost her hand

- The family trauma that caused

- Her being raped multiple times

- Her psychotic break

- Her drug habits

and y’all are pressed over a break up video... it’s comedy. 

I’m not saying Gaga shouldn’t have done that. Its just hypocritical for Gaga stans to complain when others do it. It’s not even complain worthy. Just say you (not you specifically) hate youtubers and sit there and eat your food, but you’re never gonna justify it. 

Are your comments monetized? Doing the absolute most :billie:

Bloody hooker

Why is GGD always so pressed over TikTok and YouTube? Stop trying to feel superior just because that particular media of entertainment isn’t typical Hollywood.

Anyway, I can’t believe they broke up. I always wanted them to get married. :(

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Archived