💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I can’t believe how forgettable Hey Girl is

qoqo

Featured Posts

Hey Girl is obviously not a fan favorite to say the least, people here mostly trash it if it comes up

the thing is, for me, is that it is SO forgettable. It’s not a terrible song, I can enjoy listening to it from time to time, but it doesn’t leave a mark whatsoever.

I mean, Gaga and Florence are two of my faves and when it was announced Florence is going to be on Joanne I lost my sh.t, and yet today I barely remember this duet exists. If I have to think about Gaga features I’d say DWUW, Telephone etc, but Hey Girl NEVER comes to mind.

Every time I watch Five Foot Two and the bit with Florence in the studio comes up It’s like I’m surprised every time to get a reminder that they ever worked together

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juanlittlem

I actually feel the same, like they're such powerful vocalists yet they chose to do... that.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Bonkers

It needs to go from

FOR GETTA BLE 

to 

WH0RE, GET IT, GURL!

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

thickandpetite

it's actually really good but not everyone can have taste :vegas:

Lippoutou

It's actually one of my favourite tracks from Joanne so I'm glad it turned out this way :oops:

ARTGOD

Help me hold my hair back

Walk me home ’cause I can’t find a cab

And we dance down The Bowery

Held hands like we were 17 again

giphy.gif

Musicisfreedom

I like Hey Girl as a song, but I feel like a Gaga x Florence collab would've been cooler mixing their Born This Way / Ceremonials sound somehow. I would've preferred a darker, epic, chaotic song that had a lot of religious references and used both their voices to their full capabilities. 

All in all tho, i do love the song. They are two of my favorite artists as well so it is always cool to remember they met and recorded a track together. But with their similar themes back in the day, I feel like this could've been much more Gaga and Florence and less Joanne.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, Lippoutou said:

It's actually one of my favourite tracks from Joanne so I'm glad it turned out this way :oops:

Same i think it's one of the coolest tracks on the album. I just think Gaga and Florence could do more for a collab. Also no single / video is a crime.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Just now, Twitter said:

Hey Girl is a bop this fanbase paid dust to.

Careful girl. You’re next.  :sure:

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Hey Girl is a bop this fanbase paid dust to.

Gaga also paid dust to Hey Girl :fatcat:

Bitch I'm Madonna

Pennywise

Imagine a track like Mother or Queen of Peace featuring Gaga :fatcat:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived