💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I can’t believe how forgettable Hey Girl is

qoqo

Featured Posts

weed

I tried to remember how Hey Girl begins but then my mind turned it into Benny and the Jets :bear: I need to listen again 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cherry Blues

For me its a lovely song and so different from other Lady Gaga songs. It has a feeling like some rock/soul pieces from early 90ies. I imagine how well the song done early 90ies in Billboard on spot number 1. So empowering 💋

TheSlash

Is this thread infected with COVID-19, bc I see loss of taste :madge:

Ew, David!

The Z

One of her best produced songs to me, I don't know what you all call the instrumental “embarrassing” or “ugly” 

Anderson123

Hey Girl is a cute song that has a strong message. Not every female collab has to be this explosive song with choreography and I think that’s why most fans dislike it, because Gaga rarely does these things but when she does, it’s unexpected.

2School4Cool
17 hours ago, Twitter said:

Hey Girl is a bop this fanbase paid dust to.

Agreed, and what’s interesting is I’ve watched a lot of reaction videos to Joanne and people always call it one of their favorites. The opinions on GGD definitely don’t represent the entire fanbase.

See The Best In Everyone

2School4Cool
1 hour ago, weed said:

I tried to remember how Hey Girl begins but then my mind turned it into Benny and the Jets :bear: I need to listen again 

I can actually see how they’re similar and I love it :cryga:. I need a mashup!

See The Best In Everyone

Robo Ga

the chorus is so weak its hard to believe it made the final cut of the album 

🤖⚡️

gagaschickens

I love the song, it sounds amazing. Both Gaga and Florence are excellent vocalists whose voices accompany each other amazingly. That aside, I have to agree. Unless I listen to Joanne in full, I don't remember the song, at all. 

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

Sableye

I'm very much an EDM head so Joanne as a whole was not my thing, but Hey Girl was one of the songs I kept coming back to.

I bet it can be tough to be disappointed when your expectations are so high, but I didn't know much from Florence other than a Sweet Nothing remix.

I thought the song was sweet to have two women just kind of prop each other up. 

Pop Music

I like Hey Girl 

not one of my favs on Joanne but Joanne is def a skip free album for me 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

JaysAMess

I hate to say it but the entire album is forgettable tbh (in my opinion).

The only positives I take away from it are that is showcases Gaga's ability to change and adjust to any genre, and the album helped her in some way.

Archived