question

What was (vocally) Gaga’s worst tour?

not a french fry

Gaga’s worst tour (vocally)?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

Featured Posts

not a french fry

FIRST OFF: Thank you all for dealing with my unfortunate wisdom teeth removal yesterday. I am aware that I made no sense in my posts and created a very unnecessary thread. Sorry y’all:ladyhaha::heart:

anyways:

My friends have finally agreed to watch an entire Gaga tour with me:fatcat:. Obviously there’s a YouTube bootleg for every tour (besides the fame ball). I am at a crossroads as to which one to show them. NOW HERE’S THE TEA: they still don’t believe that she can sing:saladga: (to be fair they haven’t watched many of her performances). I DO NOT want to give them any more reason to not love her singing so obviously I can’t show them a vocally bad performance. Please educate me AND feel free to link some good full tour bootlegs:stalkga:

also do you think it’s ok to show them a vocally mediocre tour because of how iconic the production/story is? They appreciate good production

social experiment gone wrong

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

In the early days in almost all of Gaga's live performances, the mixing was objectively bad.  It usually sounded sort of disconnected from the music tracks, even with live instruments. 

The first Monster Ball I went to was no exception.

Now, she has the best people and live performances are mixed like pro tracks.  But it wasn't always like that.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

dynamite

I'm not familiar enough with TFB/TMB so I voted for Enigma. Not bad but the others seem to be better, and it wasn't until Enigma that anyone showed concern for her voice.

not a french fry
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

In the early days in almost all of Gaga's live performances, the mixing was objectively bad.  It usually sounded sort of disconnected from the music tracks, even with live instruments. 

The first Monster Ball I went to was no exception.

Now, she has the best people and live performances are mixed like pro tracks.  But it wasn't always like that.  

So should I show them something post BTWB or ArtRAVE??

weed

I would just show them the Monster Ball recorded for HBO and remind them this was her only 1 year after Just Dance. Imagine any other star doing something like THAT after a year of success.

worst tour vocally, idk I’m sure each have highs and lows 

MoonIight

Enigma hands down.

Every single video I've seen from that show, her vocals were weak, strained and she couldn't even hit the easiest notes. During one Shallow performance she was even singing off key. To be honest, it made me kinda scared if her vocals won't return to normal again. :selena:

JRCF29

If you're not showing them the Monster Ball 2.0 you're a fake fan

Don't Call Me Gaga

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I'm not familiar enough with TFB/TMB so I voted for Enigma. Not bad but the others seem to be better, and it wasn't until Enigma that anyone showed concern for her voice.

It's because the standards went up before Enigma because of JWT, SB, and ASIB :sweat: Early on in her career, no one was expecting her to be a master vocalist.

OT: Loving the 0 votes for JWT, y'all better not vote for that. Those were her best live vocals ever.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Bonkers
3 minutes ago, not a french fry said:

I hate to say it, but if they aren't already fans, they probably won't enjoy a tour DVD.  It's a lot, and the magic doesn't really seem to translate.

This is a good example of excellent live production quality:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

MoonIight
6 minutes ago, not a french fry said:

If you want to showcase her vocals ONLY then show them some Joanne World Tour videos cuz her vocals in 2017 >>>>

If you want to showcase her vocals AND stage presence/good outfits/storyline then definitely go with the Monster Ball in 2011.

not a french fry
1 minute ago, JRCF29 said:

If you're not showing them the Monster Ball 2.0 you're a fake fan

That was my initial idea but like isn’t it a problem that it only includes like 10% of her discography

I think it would be best to show them acoustic performances or live ballads first :ally:

💜

Bonkers

Or start with the SuperBowl performance and see if they still want more.

Archived