💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Madonna's Greatest Acting Role?

Batwings

Featured Posts

Batwings

We all know Madonna has a reputation for being a bad actress, but she has had her moments throughout her career. 

In your opinion, what is Madonna's greatest acting role? 

IMO:

-- Suddenly Seeking Susan -- Even though she was basically playing herself.  :laughga:

-- Who's That Girl -- I really don't know why this movie is panned so much. It's a cute rom-com, and Madonna does well in her role. 

-- A League of Their Own -- She's pretty good in this one, but she has like, what, 15 minutes total screen time? And somehow she's the second-from-the-top listed cast member? 

-- Evita -- Of course she's great in this, but basically all of her dialogue is in song, so that probably made a difference. 

Your thoughts? 

Batwings
7 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

performance of the century 

OMG @ the Ellen one, with Madonna completely butchering Rilke's name. :ladyhaha:

Bubblegum Bitch

Unfortunately, I only watched The Next Best Thing and Swept Away. And what can I say, these movies are not her Magnum Opus. :yennefer: However, I love TNBT due to several reasons, and this movie also has a very good soundtrack. 

Who’s That Girl is underrated, I also enjoy A League Of Their Own (Stream the forgotten #1 hit from it!:grr:)

MonsterOfficial

loved her in Evita

she was good in her appearance in Will&Grace too but that wig... :triggered:

exorcise my mind

Xoxo Adriana

being queen of pop

im kidding:billie:

Xoxo Adriana

she may not be in the movie department, but boy does she know how to act in her music videos. the madame x music videos, god control especially had top notch performance

Batwings
1 hour ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Unfortunately, I only watched The Next Best Thing and Swept Away. And what can I say, these movies are not her Magnum Opus. :yennefer: However, I love TNBT due to several reasons, and this movie also has a very good soundtrack. 

Wheeeeeew, Swept Away was BAD. It's very rare for me to stop watching a movie halfway through, but I stopped watching Swept Away about 50 minutes into it. It's really atrocious. 

And it wasn't just Madonna's performance. The whole movie was awful. People like to praise Guy Ritchie as a directing genius, but he absolutely stank with this one. 

Spoiler

Also, I've never liked Guy Ritchie even before he was married to Madonna because he tries WAY TOO hard to be the British Quentin Tarantino and sucks at it. His movies are so overrated, I could puke. But that's just my two cents. :huntyga:

Desperately Seeking Susan was her best. it was her first film she ever starred in-

Spoiler

(technically second film but considering that a certain sacrifice was made before her rise to fame and she only had a brief cameo in vision quest.. DSS is her first film)

so she didn't really know what she was doing. She was all natural and played the character well. 

Despite owning the VHS copy, I haven't gotten around to finding a cheap secondhand vhs deck to watch Who's That Girl.. kinda bummed but atleast I don't need to pay for a streaming service to watch it now :ohwell: 

Noir

“Mutton dressed as Lamb” (2011-2020)

Evita is her best role, but you forget **** Tracy & Shadows and Fog by Woody Allen, she was good in both. I also like her small role in 4 rooms. Her best roles are musical ones and this just shows how Madonna is great in delivering emotions thru music, this is what she understand and does the best. I mean just watch this, shes amazing here. 

Archived