Biggest album era of all time?

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QueenGaga
5 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Well yes those eras were huge, but without Like A Prayer/Like A Virgin there would be no Gaga or female pop culture as it is today, that’s why no other female than maybe Madonna or Janet should be placed as biggest era since they changed the music industry for women forever 

As much as I agree about Janet and especially Madonna, I don’t think they were as global as Gaga since she debuted in the age of the internet. 
I could be wrong :)

thehanyo

The Body Guard Soundtrack/Whitney

Fleetwood Mac's Rumors

Carole King's Tapestry

TLC's CrazySexyCool

Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill

artpopsexual
8 hours ago, Trillion Reasons said:

MDNA_Album_Cover.png

Tour 
Singles 
Impact 
Popularity 
Quality 

rumours
26 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

The Body Guard Soundtrack/Whitney

Fleetwood Mac's Rumors

Carole King's Tapestry

TLC's CrazySexyCool

Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill

Thank you for mentioning these great eras!!

OT: The answer is definitely Thriller. However, here are some other big eras that come to mind:

Norah Jones ~ Come Away With Me

Pink Floyd ~ The Dark Side of the Moon

Pink Floyd ~ The Wall

Bruce Springsteen ~ Born in the USA

Garth Brooks ~ No Fences

Eagles ~ Hotel California

Celine Dion ~ Falling Into You

Shania Twain ~ Come on Over

czarnyptak

Thriller

Baby One More Time

Confessions on a Dance Floor

The Fame including TFM

Teenage Dream

thank u, next

Hot 100 Final Predictions: lady gaga the queen #1 (debut)

imitalian

I feel like some of yall forgot how in 2011 we had new Gaga performances or/and interviews literally EVERY SINGLE DAY. It was so hard to keep up with everything she did and everywhere she went. Not to mention that during the BTWBT every airport look was an event so basically a new iconic look every three days. I feel so sorry for the ones that missed that era omg imagine start stanning post 2013

Sepsami
10 hours ago, QueenGaga said:

2009-2011 was a ERA. I won’t be specific to one album but during this time Gaga ruled the world. She was, no doubt, the biggest celebrity in the world throughout all fields :firega:

From Pokerface to the success of BTW (single) it was Gaga's playground (Not really counting Just Dance cuz she was still too new).

SO basicly, 3 albums are involved :ally:

QueenGaga
1 minute ago, Sepsami said:

From Pokerface to the success of BTW (single) it was Gaga's playground (Not really counting Just Dance cuz she was still too new).

SO basicly, 3 albums are involved :ally:

I’d like to call It “The Gaga Era”. The whole world was Gaga’s album :ally:

1 hour ago, QueenGaga said:

As much as I agree about Janet and especially Madonna, I don’t think they were as global as Gaga since she debuted in the age of the internet. 
I could be wrong :)

Madonna were 100x bigger than Gaga, she sold out stadiums for almost 170 000 people, she is the best selling female artist of all time and she is the second female artist with most #1s in the US and the 1st globally with 22 (!!) international global hits, oh girl you have no idea how big Madonna was if u think Gaga is the biggest artist.... it’s really ****ing sick, Like A Virgin has sold 39 MILLION copies as of 2001 and 21 million the first year... like fr she is the woman that made pop music this popular and i hope you someday will find interest for her because WOW:firega:

@Musicisfreedom @shoful

i can’t explain with words how big she was during the 80s & 90s, can you help?

QueenGaga
1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Madonna were 100x bigger than Gaga, she sold out stadiums for almost 170 000 people, she is the best selling female artist of all time and she is the second female artist with most #1s in the US and the 1st globally with 22 (!!) international global hits, oh girl you have no idea how big Madonna was if u think Gaga is the biggest artist.... it’s really ****ing sick, Like A Virgin has sold 39 MILLION copies as of 2001 and 21 million the first year... like fr she is the woman that made pop music this popular and i hope you someday will find interest for her because WOW:firega:

Well I’m barely entering my 20s so I wouldn’t know about Madonna’a reigning years. I was just talking from my opinion, growing up and seeing Gaga be the megastar and stallion she was. 
And yes, at first I didn’t like Madonna much because of her “feud” with Gaga but recently I’ve been looking into her and I have to admit that Gaga and Madonna are cut from the same cloth. Although I don’t like her albums tracks and music as much as Gaga’s, some of her songs are my all time favourites. Her music videos, ideas and looks too. I’m slowly falling into her as much as I’m into Gaga :nooo:

1 minute ago, QueenGaga said:

Well I’m barely entering my 20s so I wouldn’t know about Madonna’a reigning years. I was just talking from my opinion, growing up and seeing Gaga be the megastar and stallion she was. 
And yes, at first I didn’t like Madonna much because of her “feud” with Gaga but recently I’ve been looking into her and I have to admit that Gaga and Madonna are cut from the same cloth. Although I don’t like her albums tracks and music as much as Gaga’s, some of her songs are my all time favourites. Her music videos, ideas and looks too. I’m slowly falling into her as much as I’m into Gaga :nooo:

If you’re looking for album tracks and underrated singles try with these:

Bad Girl, Causing A Commotion, White Heat, till Death do us part, Oh Father, Pray For Spanish Eyes, Rain

For concerts, watch this

Archived