Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Fame has incorrect release year on Spotify

artpopsexual

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, dynamite said:

It says 1st January 2008 for me which is wrong too :green:

many albums that are older than the release of spotify list january 1st of the respective year as their release date

ice heard one side from above

Massive Monster
28 minutes ago, dollardays said:

We are living in a parallel universe where Red and Blue was her breakthrought album :tony: 

And TF was ignored :zilla:

If this is also the universe where Jo Toblerone doesn't exist I'm already there :vegas:

Kind regards

artpopsexual
17 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Is this true? Just Dance, Poker Face and LoveGame were made in January 2008

I'm not sure about this information, but I think she's probably given some demo CDs to her audience, I guess? But anyways, that wouldn't count on Spotify as a release, because first: those were demos and second: Spotify would only count the official release year

17 hours ago, dynamite said:

It says 1st January 2008 for me which is wrong too :green:

Yeah, but as someone has said, Spotify doesn't use the official release date, so I have theory that it happened to appear 2007 to me because they counted January 1st as 2007? :selena: 

artpopsexual

lmao guys, it's still incorrect :nooo:

guess I'll just have to get used to it :yennefer:

River

Your pc clock in incorrect

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

artpopsexual
1 minute ago, River said:

Your pc clock in incorrect

It's not :selena: And even if it was, I guess it'd only affect Spotify if I was using the program

Maybe I'm really living in a parallel universe :koons:

March34th
18 hours ago, BLACKPINK said:

If I'm not mistaken, technically it was released in 2007, when she was giving out those CDs in the bars she performed in but that's likely just a typo.

that's not a release date though. she was giving those out as promo. artists do that constantly.

The Fame was released at the earliest to Canadian markets on August 19, 2008.

River
Just now, ARTPOPsexual said:

It's not :selena: And even if it was, I guess it'd only affect Spotify if I was using the program

Maybe I'm really living in a parallel universe :koons:

Unless it was released in 1.1.2008 but in your country it was still 12.31.2007:yennefer:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

artpopsexual
1 minute ago, River said:

Unless it was released in 1.1.2008 but in your country it was still 12.31.2007:yennefer:

You're smart :ohwell:

But anyways, I think it's just a typo or a bug, because in my phone the Spotify app shows the correct date, and even in the Spotify program on my pc it's correct

artpopsexual

I guess I'll just listen to my CD instead and forget about Spotify :bear:

artpopsexual
1 minute ago, JustHMLover2 said:

For me it says 2008 tho

I'm saying, the problem is my Spotify :lolly:

gagaschickens

for me it's 2008, jan 1st 2008 on mobile. tfm is also jan 1st 2009, and btw jan 1st 2011. the rest are correct, idk why its not showing the correct date

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

artpopsexual
2 hours ago, gagaschickens said:

for me it's 2008, jan 1st 2008 on mobile. tfm is also jan 1st 2009, and btw jan 1st 2011. the rest are correct, idk why its not showing the correct date

Those incorrect dates are probably because Spotify didn't work the way we know it at the time the albums were released. I mean, in 2009, streaming wasn't ruling the music market the way it is today, so maybe it didn't even have Gaga's albums there (Spotify was released in the late 2000s, if I remember correctly). I've seen it happening with a lot of other artists. I guess from 2012 to now the albums have the correct release date. But in this specific case, not only the release date (day and month) are incorrect, but also the year lol

Archived