💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Morphe cuts ties with jeffree Star + JSC responds

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Noah
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I don't understand why though. I know Jeffree did shady things but that was like 10/15 years ago. He has apologized many times, and he has proven many times that he actually changed, donating to many foundations, speaking about BLM on Instagram, donating to people on Twitter etc...

Called Jackie Aina a Gorilla, fatshamed Trisha and Nikkie Tutorials... yes growth! 

⟡ ⋆ ËšïœĄâ‹†đŸŠąâ‹† ËšïœĄâ‹†âŸĄ

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic
12 minutes ago, mr.peter said:

can someone tell me what he did? I know that Shane Dawson got canceled recently for past videos resurfacing (might be other reasons not sure) but are they canceling Jeffrey too because of association ?

I'll just copy paste my post from Reddit lol:

Jeffree Star has a longstanding history with anti-blackness and racism that spans from his MySpace Edgelord days, where he could live it out freely, to today where he has to be sly and slick about it, in order to not get called out 24/7.

In his MySpace days, he was known to hurl the n-word freely around. He's been caught on camera screaming it at two women (who previously insulted him as a f*ggot), his 2007 song "We Want C*nt" actually has him saying the n-word on record as well. He also collaborated with a MySpace drag artist on a virtual sketch in which he played a MAC employee, that tells a black customer that he should throw batter acid on her face to lighten her skin tone, so she could get a better foundation match.

Earlier this year, his plans to found a cosmetic company during his MySpace days called "Lipstick Nazi", leaked onto the internet, which was set to be inspired by Third Reich imagery and would have alluded to the Holocaust via its shade names. It should be noted that during this time, he was close friends with Tattoo artist Kat von D, who has now been exposed as a bonafide white supremacist and Neo-Nazi.

In 2017 Black beauty vlogger Jackie Aina posted an Anti-Haul video, saying she is not interested in buying from Jeffree Star Cosmetics, because he had not addressed his past racism at that time. This resulted in him lashing out at her on Twitter, calling her an "irrelevant rat". A year later, Jeffree Star's former hairstylist leaked text messages, in which he called Jackie an "ugly gorilla".

In 2018, beauty vlogger Thomas Halbert uploaded a video to his YouTube that stated that, while he was "friends" with Jeffree, he casually uses racial slurs on the regular, specifically the n-word. This video infamously lead to, what is known in the Beauty Guru community, Dramageddon I. Jeffree's stans accused Thomas of lying and freeloading, dug through some of his tweets and found tweets where Thomas himself used the n-word. MannyMUA and Laura Lee, previous besties of Jeffree, sided with Thomas on the issue. Of course, both Manny & Laura also had past tweets where they used the n-word that were uncovered. This led to the infamous video of Laura Lee apologizing while trying to squeeze out some fake tears. Somehow Thomas, Manny & Laura were cancelled for racism and suffered from professional setbacks, but Jeffree remained in business and thrived even more (despite having a worse track record than the people that were cancelled because of him).

This year, one of Jeffree's former non beauty guru friends, came out with a video in light of the BLM protests, stating that he definitely has not changed his ways behind the scenes, that he still uses racial slurs (especially the n-word and anti-semitic slurs, he alleges that he called Gwen Stefani a "k*ke bitch" for cancelling a vegas show of hers he wanted to attend). His former friend also alleges that at least one of Jeffree's security people is a former police officer, that was fired from his job because used the n-word on record.

Two weeks ago, beauty Vlogger Tati Westbrook uploaded a video in which she accused Jeffree Star (and Shane Dawson) into gaslighting & manipulating her into thinking that James Charles had raped multiple people. It led to a huge public fallout between them, Tati made a video about James back then (aka the infamous "Bye sister" video) alluding to the accusations that were fed to her and telling James that he needs a reality check before he's going places where he can't return from. Over the course of the year, it turned out that both Jeffree and Shane fed her fake information, in order to take down & deplatform James Charles, so Jeffree Star could be the #1 subscribed beauty guru channel on YouTube.

Prada

He must have thought that if he stays quiet, and everything will fade away.

Nope... Even if you are not online, not posting, publishing videos.... People are here Jeff.

49 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't understand why though. I know Jeffree did shady things but that was like 10/15 years ago. He has apologized many times, and he has proven many times that he actually changed, donating to many foundations, speaking about BLM on Instagram, donating to people on Twitter etc...

Except he did not change at all, keeps doing many terrible things, including blackmailing other influencers and calling Jackie Aina (a black guru) a gorilla.

SineFromHell

This is the right thing to do from a business standpoint. 

However, I can't help but to feel like this is a little hypocritical? It's not that hard to figure out that Jeffree is a problematic mess. Morphe should've known better from the start. They already made their millions of dollars from his product. 

JazzGa

This is so spineless. Everyone has known for 20 effing years that Jeffree is a messy mean c*ntroversy queen.  If they cared about that they wouldn't have partnered with him in the first place.

Morphe isn't ending the partnership because they give a sh*t about his morals or ethics. His sh*t has been out in the open his whole life, ever since the Myspace days. They're only cancelling him because they can't stand hearing all the buttmad tweet teens. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

BUtterfield 8

Jeffree is still MIA but his cosmetics company responded 

FameHookah
2 hours ago, Noah said:

Called Jackie Aina a Gorilla, fatshamed Trisha and Nikkie Tutorials... yes growth! 

And almost killed james + he was the one sending audios and texts to drama channels satung awful things about james nikkie and other people i mean.. oh and also that lipstick n@zi page, the blackmailing of straight guys, the countless lies and drama..

Are people THAT dense? Jefree is an evil piece of crap.

WTF is MDNA

FATCAT
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yes but Morphie can work with anyone, so why risk working with someone with a tarnished image? Better to pull out now then to risk it.

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
1 hour ago, the Devil of Pop said:

This is so spineless. Everyone has known for 20 effing years that Jeffree is a messy mean c*ntroversy queen.  If they cared about that they wouldn't have partnered with him in the first place.

Morphe isn't ending the partnership because they give a sh*t about his morals or ethics. His sh*t has been out in the open his whole life, ever since the Myspace days. They're only cancelling him because they can't stand hearing all the buttmad tweet teens. 

They care about money, and Jefree puts that in jeopardy. Those tweeting teens are their customer base.

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
2 hours ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

lmao he doesn't need morphe, like at all :billie:

Major companies pulling out are always bad, because it usually has a domino effect. 

Purr more, hiss less.

paradox
2 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Major companies pulling out are always bad, because it usually has a domino effect. 

he's already well established and regarded as a high quality brand so i think he'll be fine

FATCAT
Just now, pugsnotdrugs said:

he's already well established and regarded as a high quality brand so i think he'll be fine

He might survive but he'll never recover if it does in fact domino 

Purr more, hiss less.

paradox
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

He might survive but he'll never recover if it does in fact domino 

and i think he'll be fine though :bear:

Archived