💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Beyonce still considered a songwriter by media/critics?

mzncb

Is Beyonce still considered a songwriter by media/critics?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is Beyonce still considered a songwriter by media/critics?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Is Beyonce still considered a songwriter or a writer of any of her charting hits by the media/critics?

In this Guardian article ranking the greatest UK no 1 singles from last month, the writer-Yomi Adegoke- said, "Its creation involved more serendipity than the slick execution expected from anything usually helmed by BeyoncĂ©. The day the song’s producer, Rich Harrison, was due to play her the demo, he was hungover from prematurely celebrating its success. BeyoncĂ© wasn’t keen on what she heard but gave him two hours to finish writing it while she went out. The chorus came from BeyoncĂ© catching her dishevelled reflection in the mirror and remarking that she was “looking so crazy right now” and the famous “uh-oh uh-oh” hook was improvised. Even the inclusion of her then boyfriend, now husband, Jay-Z, was last-minute addition: “I asked Jay to get on the song the night before I had to turn my album in,” BeyoncĂ© told Entertainment Weekly. “Thank God he did”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/may/15/greatest-uk-no-1s-ever-beyonce-crazy-in-love

Even respected vocalist and artist Kelly Clarkson conveyed that she may modify the lyrics to a song, but she doesn’t take credit because the song was already great/created; she just acclimated it for her predilections:

(9:40)

Getting production or song writing credit for doing a vocal arrangement (like what Beyonce Knwoles does) isn't supposed to count as writing towards a composition... it is merely an arrangement for that song.

Recognizing that a songwriter is one who writes the lyrics or music for songs (or both), all Lady Gaga fans know that the proper approach to demonstrating that one wrote or composed a song is to either exhibit that trait consistently throughout their career, or at least perform the (hit) song's melody on an instrument, without having another professional songwriter credited, like this:

(1:50)

Ironically, the aforementioned Guardian countdown contained a blurb about above mentioned, which said "Rockists accuse Britney Spears of being an empty vessel..."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/apr/27/the-100-greatest-uk-no-1s

Mentioning Kelly Clarkson did come in handy:

How can the third recording artist in question be considered an empty vessel despite composing a global (and UK number one hit) tributed by venerated musicians/artists such as Academy Award and Grammy winner Glen Hansard and Grammy winner Kelly Clarkson, versus recording artists never evidenced to have composed a hit song in their entire career?

Thoughts?

RenegAde

Who cares 

Beyonce has never been a song writer and  no one expects her to be one at this point. Every artist has their strong suits and for her it's performing .

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Here we go :yennefer:

The world might have second waves of Covid-19, we're having our twentieth wave of this thread.

NewUsername
4 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Who cares 

Beyonce has never been a song writer and  no one expects her to be one at this point. Every artist has their strong suits and for her it's performing .

Indeed. Beyoncé is an amazing singer and performer, but less of a musician.
For my likings, if you're a big recording artist, you better have
1) a great voice -> great singer
or
2) great musicianship -> writing music and/or playing instrument
or
3) both

Beyoncé has 1), so she checks the box for who deserves to be an artist.

Of course I like artists like 3), such as Gaga, more, but it isn't a must.

Blastertoyo

Why did I know this would be you making an Everytime thread 

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

bees and honeyy

When Beyonce made Self-Titled in 2012/13, she invited a bunch of writers to her house in the Hamptons (including Sia, just to give you an idea of the big names involved) and she just went room to room to give her two cents 

Daylight Jokers

She's more known for being an excellent performer and vocalist. I don't think people ever thought of her as a songwriter.

Daylight Jokers
9 minutes ago, honeyy said:

When Beyonce made Self-Titled in 2012/13, she invited a bunch of writers to her house in the Hamptons (including Sia, just to give you an idea of the big names involved) and she just went room to room to give her two cents 

Is that where the Sia on Beyonce's basement joke came from?? :wtfga:

KatieJudasGaga4

Why do you keep posting videos about Britney's Everytime in every thread you make?

You're completely bias.

Gimme More

As a Britney stan i'm asking you to STOP posting these videos as it loses credibility here the more you randomly post it :saladga:

Leave Britney out of this conversation.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

PartySick

Has she written songs? Yes, if she has. No, if she hasn't :enigma:

Isn't it that simple? :enigma:

đŸ–€

The Z
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Has she written songs? Yes, if she has. No, if she hasn't :enigma:

Isn't it that simple? :enigma:

I don't think that's the question lol

It is about the media perception, not ours :)

Archived