💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Beyonce still considered a songwriter by media/critics?

mzncb

Is Beyonce still considered a songwriter by media/critics?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is Beyonce still considered a songwriter by media/critics?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

bees and honeyy
42 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Is that where the Sia on Beyonce's basement joke came from?? :wtfga:

I’m not sure but it’s possible. I remember Sia complained that Beyonce only used one of her songs after all the work she put in so perhaps lmao :sharon:

bees and honeyy
10 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Lemonade has 60 songwriters. I'll repeat S I X T Y.

12 songs 😳 

Seryabkina
1 minute ago, honeyy said:

I’m not sure but it’s possible. I remember Sia complained that Beyonce only used one of her songs after all the work she put in so perhaps lmao :sharon:

if it's about Pretty Hurts, iirc, that song was also originally meant to be sent to Rihanna

bees and honeyy

I’ve just checked the credits for Lemonade and Hold Up has FIFTEEN writers. For a song with a basic chorus, short verses and a bridge which borrows lyrics a Soulja Boy song :sis:

thehanyo
31 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

It's 72 :billie:

thehanyo

Honestly, you made me respect Britney a little more with your post, so great job!

I don't think Everytime is that great of a song, so we differ there. :vegas:

River

One of the reasons why she didn't win the AOTY was because the Grammy's couldn't make 60+ Grammys :haroon:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

4 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

no it doesn't, majority of it is samples credits. the songs have mainly 3-4 real songwriters, the same as Gaga most songs since ARTPOP, SL has 5.

4 hours ago, honeyy said:

I’ve just checked the credits for Lemonade and Hold Up has FIFTEEN writers. For a song with a basic chorus, short verses and a bridge which borrows lyrics a Soulja Boy song :sis:

EIGHT of it are sample credits. Hold Up have 7 real songwriters, the same quantity as Rain On Me (the definition of a song with "basic chorus and short verses"), and much less than the 12 songwriters of SFA wich doesn't even have any sample. :billie:

15 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Who cares 

Beyonce has never been a song writer and  no one expects her to be one at this point. Every artist has their strong suits and for her it's performing .

15 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Indeed. Beyoncé is an amazing singer and performer, but less of a musician.
For my likings, if you're a big recording artist, you better have
1) a great voice -> great singer
or
2) great musicianship -> writing music and/or playing instrument
or
3) both

Beyoncé has 1), so she checks the box for who deserves to be an artist.

Of course I like artists like 3), such as Gaga, more, but it isn't a must.

It obviously matters because she's wrongly taking royalties from hard working songwriters who need that money for their livelihood.

I can't believe this perspective has never been looked at by the shameless media.

14 hours ago, Gimme More said:

As a Britney stan i'm asking you to STOP posting these videos as it loses credibility here the more you randomly post it :saladga:

Leave Britney out of this conversation.

Why would I leave Britney out when critics say this:

"No one's going there expecting to see Beyoncé," says Rosen, adding that fans have learned to manage expectations when it comes to Spears' live capabilities. "The largest challenge is, if it flops, there's a narrative of, 'She's flopping again. Her album flopped and then this Vegas (show) was a disaster,' and then that makes her look even more out of it than she already does."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/12/25/will-vegas-audiences-burn-with-love-for-britney/4164839/

Archived