đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY || Double Dutchess

Blown Away

Featured Posts

Yxilon

This is clearly sabotage from Nicki haters :huntyga:

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CantGetEnough
Just now, Blown Away said:

You-Already-Know.png

Average score: 7.14

Highest score: 11 @MichealScott (taste)

Lowest score: 1 @CautiousLurker (distaste)

Comments:

@COOOK Yet another song that looks like it's going somewhere and falls back into a sonic loop. The super short, outstanding sample in the bridge makes it the better out of the previous two songs.

@ororo munroe Not me being happy with song ending just to realise it was actually transition to second part of the track. But this second part is gorgeous tho

@CautiousLurker You think the song is going somewhere and then the chorus comes along... and then Nicki Minaj jumps in... and then you notice you're not even at a half way point and... you wish for swift release of death :')

@776673564747836765 This song is kinda mess and I'm sure she can't sing these "this is how we do" live

@musicland I think Nicki out did the dutchess on this track, but it deserved more attention from the public.

@Lionel Ronaldo I really like Fergie's part of the song. It is better than I expected, with Nicki Minaj on the track, because somehow Nicki ruins it a bit for me

@JRCF29 Again, excellent verses by Fergie ("all the boys want cake/but they can't get a crumb", "pose for the camera, daddy I'm vogueing/I'm so GLAMOROUS center-folding" are two examples). Nicki is strong too, and the energy here is A+

@erotic4 A highlight on the album, Nicki's verse is iconic, maybe one of the best in her collaborations. Fergie's voice is amazing and matches Nicki's.

@SabadoDeGloria This is one of my favorite singles of hers and I adore the video. There's just something fresh and sexy about this track. It really hits back to some 90s vibes, but feels forward-thinking at the same time. Had the album release been tighter, I could have seen this faring quite well as a single.

@MichealScott This song was criminally underrated!!

@Davian I wish they separated the interlude at the end instead of making it one big outro. It’s no problem when you’re listening to the album from start to finish, but it is when you just want to play this song.

@Enzo Sis snapped, I know all the raps ksksks
Nicki's verse is dope
Damn I ain't seen Meek Milli in a week :giggle:

@heygurlhi a bop bop bop

Noooo....You Already Know is such a highlight. Can't believe this is out before Life Goes On, Save It Til Morning, and LA Love....:dom:

Yxilon
1 minute ago, Blown Away said:

@776673564747836765 This song is kinda mess and I'm sure she can't sing these "this is how we do" live

gurl we ain't talking about nokia

LoLaA
24 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

Hungry.png

Average score: 5.54 :bradley:

Highest score: 9 @MichealScott

Lowest score: 0 @Yxilon @776673564747836765

Comments:

@COOOK The "c*m daddy" echoes are so repetitive it gets annoying. The song doesn't go anywhere and it would've worked better if shortened to 1min. as an interlude

@ororo munroe It was terrible, what a great way to start an album.

@pugsnotdrugs it left me starving

@CautiousLurker I'm thirsty

@776673564747836765 boooring

@Cupid Boy boring for an opening track

@musicland For an opening track, I appreciate the statement she is making about wanting more years into her career; she is still driven.

@Lionel Ronaldo I like this song, especially the instrumental. It is a good beginning of the album. Fergie did a great job here. However, I'm not so into Rick Ross.

@Andreu Many people don't like the risky production but I think it works well.

@Aubbie Badass

@JRCF29 It's a fine opener, and Rick Ross was a smart choice (not sure where the song would've gone without him) but I wish it was shorter and treated as more of an interlude

@erotic4 Amazing sample

@SabadoDeGloria I actually think this is a killer album opener. The sample is so haunting and, while this isn't radio-ready pop, there's just something about Hungry that gets under my skin each time I listen (in a good way).

@GaGaLB Ferrari Fergie

@Davian Amazing opener to the album! It’s a grower imo (just like most of the album) but I love it now

@Enzo A good opener, but my least fav indeed, still a bop

@heygurlhi best beat of that year but boring visuals

Wtf yall tasteless

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Blown Away

Next up: The song that got affected by the -2 bonus

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Yxilon

So now can we get rid of Love Is Blind and then all the other singles? :ohwell:

Anveeroy
3 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

This is clearly sabotage from Nicki haters :huntyga:

LikableVigorousFlee-size_restricted.gif

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

LoLaA
10 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

Just-Like-You.png

Average score: 6.71

Highest score: 10 @ororo munroe @SabadoDeGloria @GaGaLB

Lowest score: 2 @CautiousLurker @pugsnotdrugs

Comments:

@COOOK will.i.am's absence in this song is majorly what makes this shine the most

@ororo munroe I really loved this song, but production ruined some moments for me.

@pugsnotdrugs it's a mess

@CautiousLurker If I needed to get flaccid real quick, I'd listen to this song... to about a 3 minute mark, cuz I worry that outro might actually make me impotent...

@musicland This feels like a track that should be a bonus song. It does not standout to me much.

@Lionel Ronaldo The song has something that gets me into this song, something catchy I don't know what.

@Andreu My favourite on the album

@JRCF29 Vocals are good, if the instrumentation is a bit heavy at times.

@SabadoDeGloria I'm not sure why I love this song so much, but I do. The music video was my favorite of those released. There's an emotion Fergie really captures in her vocals for this song and the production is so perfected and low key, her vocals and song lyrics really shine.

@Enzo Sounds like a filler tbh, but I love it

@heygurlhi my least fave

Too low

Blown Away

Love-Is-Blind.png

Average score: 7.17

Highest score: 11 @Aubbie

Lowest score: -2 @CautiousLurker (taste restored!)

Comments:

@COOOK I'm a sucker for a reggae, tropical vibe... if done right. And this one's it

@ororo munroe Oh, well.

@CautiousLurker Love is not this blind

@musicland This is the best song on this album, for me, hands down. Her voice suits this style of music so well! This is really the only track on this album that I would choose to play.

@Lionel Ronaldo I think it is a nice song, a bit slow, but nice.

@Aubbie Favorite song off the album for sure

@JRCF29 This a song that, like a few others on the album, does suffer from suspect lyricism in places (particularly anything chicken soup related), but it's a refreshing departure from the album's predominant sound and has a clear and cohesive storyline

@SabadoDeGloria It's a fun and cute song. Placement is a little off? Not sure where I'd put it but having this tropical song next to the epic album closer just feels odd.

@Enzo I love it, the bridge is my fav part

Blown Away

All I wanna say is, f*cking finally!

Yxilon
2 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Nicki was fine, Fergie was bleh

072252aff350af6c-if-yall-dont-tell-me-wh

dungeon undah undah

LoLaA
6 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

You-Already-Know.png

Average score: 7.14

Highest score: 11 @MichealScott (taste)

Lowest score: 1 @CautiousLurker (distaste)

Comments:

@COOOK Yet another song that looks like it's going somewhere and falls back into a sonic loop. The super short, outstanding sample in the bridge makes it the better out of the previous two songs.

@ororo munroe Not me being happy with song ending just to realise it was actually transition to second part of the track. But this second part is gorgeous tho

@CautiousLurker You think the song is going somewhere and then the chorus comes along... and then Nicki Minaj jumps in... and then you notice you're not even at a half way point and... you wish for swift release of death :')

@musicland I think Nicki out did the dutchess on this track, but it deserved more attention from the public.

@Lionel Ronaldo I really like Fergie's part of the song. It is better than I expected, with Nicki Minaj on the track, because somehow Nicki ruins it a bit for me

@JRCF29 Again, excellent verses by Fergie ("all the boys want cake/but they can't get a crumb", "pose for the camera, daddy I'm vogueing/I'm so GLAMOROUS center-folding" are two examples). Nicki is strong too, and the energy here is A+

@erotic4 A highlight on the album, Nicki's verse is iconic, maybe one of the best in her collaborations. Fergie's voice is amazing and matches Nicki's.

@SabadoDeGloria This is one of my favorite singles of hers and I adore the video. There's just something fresh and sexy about this track. It really hits back to some 90s vibes, but feels forward-thinking at the same time. Had the album release been tighter, I could have seen this faring quite well as a single.

@MichealScott This song was criminally underrated!!

@Davian I wish they separated the interlude at the end instead of making it one big outro. It’s no problem when you’re listening to the album from start to finish, but it is when you just want to play this song.

@Enzo Sis snapped, I know all the raps ksksks
Nicki's verse is dope
Damn I ain't seen Meek Milli in a week :giggle:

@heygurlhi a bop bop bop

Too high

Yxilon

oh finally Love Is Blind, the evil has been defeated :huntyga:

Archived