Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

SOPHIE debut new music (DJ set)

_Lam

Featured Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=xXPSe57pOss&feature=emb_logo

Dying at 10:00.
Dying at 15:35.

Experimental queen SOPHIE debuted new music on her youtube livestream. 
This is was I was expecting from Chromatica. More experimental, techno. I think her sound is so refreshing and different from everything we've heard.

Would you be here for it if Chromatica and Gaga x SOPHIE collab would have sounded more like this?

(I really love Chromatica and Rain on Me is probably my fav Gaga song ever, don't worry I was just expecting something less of an hommage to house music and more like futuristic sounds that would define the next decade, a bit more like the Haus Lab acid-tech-house instrumentals).

Gracious Gaga

her music is so unlistenable :bear: just water squirts and bubble sounds.  it picks up a bit towards the end, tho

edit: all this being said- I agree with OP that I expected more from chromatica.  chromatica was like the complete opposite of SOPHIE. it was safe, generic, and cookie cutter.  I would imagine the two collaborating together could find an amazing in-between.  I like half of chromatica, but it definitely needed to be more experimental.  idk if it needed SOPHIE, or just another producer who is also experimental. but you know 

♥ Kindness Police.

Altair

IDK, I just dont get the point of artists like gaga releasing music like this. I understand why, Sophie, a DJ would release an entire album like this. But I wouldn't be here for a vocal artist releasing a track with no words. 

At what point does the new music start because it just seems to keep going and it's not not bad? :selena:

3 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

her music is so unlistenable :bear:

just water squirts and bubble sounds 

You should listen to this more like when you watch a fashion show : No one expect you to wear what the models are wearing, but it's more of a creation that define the future trends, the direction of fashion and will find it's way to more accessible clothing.

The same could be said about SOPHIE music, it's more of a collection of ideas, new sounds, experimentations, that eventually will be taken by more mainstream artists that will make it more accessible.

I thought Gaga would have been the perfect artist to take these news ideas and remodelled them for the general public. 

Gracious Gaga
2 minutes ago, _Lam said:

You should listen to this more like when you watch a fashion show : No one expect you to wear what the models are wearing, but it still a creation that define the future of fashion and will find it's way to more accessible clothing.

The same could be said about SOPHIE music, it's more of a collection of ideas, new sounds, that eventually will be taken by other more mainstream artist that will make it more accessible.

you're very right.  lots of things that walk down runways, the average person would never even think to wear. some of the outfits seem unwearable!  so yes, that is a great way to look at it.  thank you for sharing that!  (I also edited my previous post) 

♥ Kindness Police.

automatic

"when does the music start"
"unlistenable"

maybe if you looked past your mainstream Future Nostalgia and Chromatica tastes then you'd learn to enjoy something that you've never heard b4 :ally:

Spoiler

and by that i mean pots and pans because they actually slap believe it or not

Der Meister

She's way ahead of her time. I think Gaga knows this and hence why people didn't like the sound of BTW and ARTPOP when it first came out. 

lilmizmuffet

For all you haters and pots n pans non believers, this is how her work sounds w lyrics. a serve. an earthquake

(also literally take a gander into her production discography on wikipedia, there's tons of credits that prove she can serve with vocals/in a mainstreamy way)

In any case, @Der Meister is correct; sophie is part of a new wave of dance music coming to save us from trap after this disco moment is over. and it's been a long time coming.

Water like misery

Chromatography
2 hours ago, enigmanauseous said:

"when does the music start"
"unlistenable"

maybe if you looked past your mainstream Future Nostalgia and Chromatica tastes then you'd learn to enjoy something that you've never heard b4 :ally:

Reveal hidden contents

and by that i mean pots and pans because they actually slap believe it or not

people are allowed to not like things

TheSlash

SOPHIE really isn't disappointing, isn't she? People hating on her music just can't get past the radio-friendly bops :whitney: .

It's actually sad, bc OIL and the two remix albums ( especially Side 2 :giveup: ) is a journey I never want to miss :tony: .

Ew, David!

Archived