Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Appreciation Thread: Plastic Doll

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, GregJA said:

social media twitter GIF

if you skip 911 it’s a sin :bon:

I only listen to 911 just for the transition. I skip right before I hear turning up emotional faders.

148-D89-AA-17-EF-4-DAD-90-B8-62-CFF70-C9

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dramatica
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Wishing death on me I see. 
ReportedT. A5-F48621-1-A4-B-402-D-A075-DF3-EB2-B4-EEAE.jpg

I said what I said. I will come up there and force feed you 911 on loop until you say issabop :gayhat:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Just now, Dramatica said:

I said what I said. I will come up there and force feed you 911 on loop until you say issabop :gayhat:

That’ll never happen. 911 remains a skip.

Now Replay, Alice, Enigma, Stupid Love, Rain On Me, Babylon, and even Fun Tonight...

giphy.gif

blankpaper
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

911 remains a skip.

Isn’t it embarrassing having no taste? 

reality’s tight if the music is right

RudraCNG

Love it since the first time I listened to it. Best bridge on Chromatica wbk

2 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Isn’t it embarrassing having no taste? 

It’s embarrassing for fans to think 911 and Venus are tasteful bops.

blankpaper
4 minutes ago, Twitter said:

It’s embarrassing for fans to think 911 and Venus are tasteful bops.

I half agree on Venus

But 911 is NOT a skip 

Blown Away
52 minutes ago, Lionel Ronaldo said:

Did you see the light? Or didn't you and is Plastic Doll still the least favorite? 

Still my least favorite by far, with Sine From Above a close second :fan:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

blankpaper
1 minute ago, Blown Away said:

Still my least favorite by far, with Sine From Above a close second 

chicago blackhawks hockey GIF

Blown Away
4 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

chicago blackhawks hockey GIF

Oops... :teehee: It's leagues below the other album tracks, except for Sine From Above which is almost equally annoying.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

ignotus

It’s one of my faves during my initial listen, and it’s gotten better imo, i just love belting the chorus lol :huntyga:

and the line i’ve spent too long dancing all alone, dancing to the same song made me emotional when i first heard it :kiss:

Mrbirthday
23 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's my favourite on the album along with 1000 Doves. 

PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! #JusticeForPlasticDoll #JusticeFor1000Doves

I feel like these songs are slept on! I LIVE for the meaning of plastic doll. To me it's such a visual song. And it gives me Aqua, "Barbie Girl" vibes but an updated version of the song. More realistic because it's talking about the objectification that one might feel, or in this case, what GaGa felt in the industry (I'm guessing). With those powerful lyrics in the course, "Don't play with MEEEE!!!" So strong, taking back her ownership of herself, realizing that she isn't a Plastic Doll or Barbie Girl. 

1000 Doves - to me its the "Gypsy" on the album. Sound alone, it starts very mellow like "Gypsy" and then the song builds to a dance number. And to me, the chorus sounds like it's lifting me up "sounds light", if that makes sense. I get lost in the "-ahh -ahh -oves" I LOVE it! And the meaning of the song is soooo deep that I feel people don't talk about it. I feel like we can all relate. If someone I knew were to give me one ounce of support or affection, it would mean the wold to me and make me feel like I was flying like a 1000 Doves. And then in the bridge, when she is just asking the person if they can do that to do it, if they can't, well then set them free. Let her know so she doesn't have to waste time, energy, and or even hope in them to help her when she needs it the most. And when she sings in her whisper voice, like how she did in "Is That Alright?" from ASIB (which will be my wedding song). I love it!!! 

I mean I love the album and I feel like everyday I find a new favorite because each song is so unique and brings something different I can't rank the album. But I want justice for Plastic Doll and 1000 Doves because I feel like we are sleeping on these songs. 

Take care and stream Chromatica! :pawsup:

Archived