⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
tech

TikTok might not be banned after all

lestyoufall
Just now, Maleficent said:

Hang on, this may be true—but if the info is stored in Singapore/US soil; it is inaccessible to China (unless they illegally hack into it), in accordance to international privacy laws.

By your logic, iCloud is just as dangerous as TikTok 

I mean, iCloud’s terms & conditions make it clear they aren’t using your data illegally. Yes it’s just as dangerous in regards to your account being hacked like many celebs have had happen though that’s not the actual issue here. Either way, the data on your phone is not stored anywhere but on your physical phone in the hard drive. That info is accessible if you download an app like TikTok that accesses it without telling you. So the whole “stored on US soil” thing is invalid either way because we’re talking about what’s on your phone, not what’s uploaded to cloud storage. They can’t access cloud storage unless they have your passwords for that which, they most likely do but I doubt they’re going into your online storage account when everything they want is stored on your phone.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maleficent
1 minute ago, lestyoufall said:

the data on your phone is not stored anywhere but on your physical phone in the hard drive.

That’s not true, almost everything on your phone is backed up to Apple’s iCloud servers in Cupertino. 

2 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

That info is accessible if you download an app like TikTok that accesses it without telling you. So the whole “stored on US soil” thing is invalid either way because we’re talking about what’s on your phone, not what’s uploaded to cloud storage.

I don’t understand? If TikTok monitors your data, but your data is only stored on US soil, what’s the issue?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lestyoufall
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

That’s not true, almost everything on your phone is backed up to Apple’s iCloud servers in Cupertino. 

I don’t understand? If TikTok monitors your data, but your data is only stored on US soil, what’s the issue?

You’re confusing cloud storage with physical phone storage. Yes, you have the option of backing it up to iCloud but that info is still on your physical phone & what they’re accessing is the data on your phone, not in your cloud storage. You also have to enable the iCloud feature, they don’t force you to upload your data to iCloud. For example, I don’t have iCloud enabled, I don’t uplod my data online cause I’m not interested in my data being online in any capacity because once it’s on the internet, it’s always on the internet lol so if I were to download TikTok, everything on my phone is accessible to them legally though they don’t tell you that you’ve agreed to it. They log your data, this means all of your photos, messages, internet history, contacts, notes, & any other data you might have. I’m talking about physical data in your phones hard drive, the flash storage, not your cloud storage.

 

Edited by lestyoufall

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster

I can't stand that app...

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Werk
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2020 at 2:16 AM, lestyoufall said:

Yes lol I mean most of it is logic, anything on the internet, including data, is accessible from anywhere in the world. Plus the info they’re accessing is directly from your phone through the app & you give them permission by downloading the app. Once you remove it they no longer have access to your data (minus what they’ve collected already obv). So prove them wrong my friend, lead them to the light :kiss:

 

On 7/12/2020 at 2:21 AM, Maleficent said:

Hang on, this may be true—but if the info is stored in Singapore/US soil; it is inaccessible to China (unless they illegally hack into it), in accordance to international privacy laws.

By your logic, iCloud is just as dangerous as TikTok 

 

On 7/12/2020 at 2:25 AM, lestyoufall said:

I mean, iCloud’s terms & conditions make it clear they aren’t using your data illegally. Yes it’s just as dangerous in regards to your account being hacked like many celebs have had happen though that’s not the actual issue here. Either way, the data on your phone is not stored anywhere but on your physical phone in the hard drive. That info is accessible if you download an app like TikTok that accesses it without telling you. So the whole “stored on US soil” thing is invalid either way because we’re talking about what’s on your phone, not what’s uploaded to cloud storage. They can’t access cloud storage unless they have your passwords for that which, they most likely do but I doubt they’re going into your online storage account when everything they want is stored on your phone.

 

On 7/12/2020 at 2:28 AM, Maleficent said:

That’s not true, almost everything on your phone is backed up to Apple’s iCloud servers in Cupertino. 

I don’t understand? If TikTok monitors your data, but your data is only stored on US soil, what’s the issue?

 

On 7/12/2020 at 2:36 AM, lestyoufall said:

You’re confusing cloud storage with physical phone storage. Yes, you have the option of backing it up to iCloud but that info is still on your physical phone & what they’re accessing is the data on your phone, not in your cloud storage. You also have to enable the iCloud feature, they don’t force you to upload your data to iCloud. For example, I don’t have iCloud enabled, I don’t uplod my data online cause I’m not interested in my data being online in any capacity because once it’s on the internet, it’s always on the internet lol so if I were to download TikTok, everything on my phone is accessible to them legally though they don’t tell you that you’ve agreed to it. They log your data, this means all of your photos, messages, internet history, contacts, notes, & any other data you might have. I’m talking about physical data in your phones hard drive, the flash storage, not your cloud storage.

 

Wait so in conclusion, TikTok is still stored in "US soil" however it is still dangerous because they collect the physical data on our phones automatically by downloading it compared to other apps which you would need to give permission? 

@lestyoufall

Edited by Werk

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lestyoufall
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, Werk said:

Wait so in conclusion, TikTok is still stored in "US soil" however it is still dangerous because they collect the physical data on our phones automatically by downloading it compared to other apps which you would need to give permission? 

@lestyoufall

🤦‍♀️ lol so... data being stored on US soil has nothing to do with anything, that’s the first thing I’m gonna say.

in general, TikTok is extremely shady & violates users privacy by stealing data, downloading software that can control your phone remotely meaning they can use your phone for whatever they want which is EXTREMELY concerning because they can use it to turn on your camera & other things, they track your keystrokes (anything you type they can see), they consistently access your clipboard (things that you’ve copy/pasted), they log your internet activity & many other things. Other apps have been tested & they don’t steal as much (they still steal some) as TikTok. The stuff TikTok is doing is way way WAAAY more concerning & is actually a national security threat.

This has nothing to do with data being stored on US soil. I don’t know why that was even brought up but it just hasn’t nothing to do with anything. The whole data on US soil thing doesn’t make sense in general because most of not all companies aren’t keen on disclosing where their servers are located which store people’s data IF they upload it to such a product like iCloud. This has no relation to what TikTok is doing. I wasn’t going to bring this statement up again because it seems to just confuse people but let me know if you need further clarification. I’ll try my best to explain it another way if possible.

Also, TikTok’s servers are not stored on US Soil. They’re most likely stored in China since that is where the company is based out of. So the data they are collecting on you from your phone is stored on their servers outside of the USA.

Edited by lestyoufall
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...