Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Rain On Me official credits revealed on BMI

monketsharona

Featured Posts

beaublue
On 7/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, KEVIN STEVE said:

It's exactly what I said in other words lol

It’s not lol you said the producer has nothing to do with the instrumental, when they are the ones who make the instrumentals. Unless you’re talking about executive producers like Gaga in which case she’s producing i.e. making decisions rather than producing instrumentals. Next time you should probably clarify your statement if that’s what you meant to avoid another miscommunication.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
illySpencer

Well, this is disapointting !

It's pretty clear to me that GaGa wants to take her distances with the music world and she is starting to not be that involved in the creative aspect of her albums as she used to. When I looked back, before Joanne, we could feel her energy in her songs, now I just feel that she is singging songs from others people, I mean Joanne was Mark Ronson's album and vision. Chromatica is BloodPop's. ARTPOP was a mix of both GaGa and others creation.    

I miss her, really.    

high heeled fem
On 7/9/2020 at 10:02 AM, alicefromabove said:

Bad Romance was actually written by Boomkack

source.gif

Wtf explain plz

Episode 3 What GIF by BBC Three

flyaway
On 7/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, justhislife said:

She was essentially handed Chromatica lol

Sure, like she didn't write anything on the album and she went and recorded her voice.

And that was it. She's like Rihanna who just appears at the end and gets paid for basically singing over a track that she didn't even write. 

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Like c'mon. Bloodpop said the tracks were started by the two with the piano. So this is an overstatement very much. 

S0436

With that many ROM contributors all getting a cut I think Gaga will make enough royalties for two pasta takeaways...

TortureMeOnReplay
31 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

Sure, like she didn't write anything on the album and she went and recorded her voice.

And that was it. She's like Rihanna who just appears at the end and gets paid for basically singing over a track that she didn't even write. 

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Like c'mon. Bloodpop said the tracks were started by the two with the piano. So this is an overstatement very much. 

Gaga might have started the tracks but that doesn't mean she was heavily involved. Chromatica started with Stupid Love, a song Bloodpop brought to Gaga while she was on tour. So the album was initiated by him. The beginnings of the song were given to her by him. The only production credits she has on the album are the interludes. Axwell and others wrote Sine From Above for Elton in 2014 and then gave it to Gaga after they couldn't get a hold of Elton and they knew Gaga could get him on it. Madison Love wrote Sour Candy outside of Chromatica as well, and her and Bloodpop had the idea to bring BLACKPINK onto the song. BURNS brought a lot of Replay, which was written outside of Chromatica, to Bloodpop, and they worked it together to create the song. 

The story that these interviews with Bloodpop and the writing credits paint is that Bloodpop coordinated the entire effort. He helped Gaga write the beginnings of the songs and then contacted people in the industry to transform the songs. I do believe this is Gaga's story (though many songs barely scratch the surface), but Bloodpop and others wrote it for her. To me it sounds like Bloodpop tried to take care of Gaga and guide her through this era, and there's nothing wrong with that. I understand she's depressed and was/is in a bad place. But let's not pretend like this is an era where Gaga brought to life her own vision in the sophisticated manner she has in the past. Gaga narrated her bare-bones biography that was written by Axwell, Madeon, Max Martin, Tchami, Bloodpop, and 16 others aside from Elton, Ariana, and Gaga.

JusKeepBreathin
On 7/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, dynamite said:

The credits are listed alphabetically :vegas: 

No gurl. They are not. Showtime GIF by Homeland

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

dynamite
18 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

No gurl. They are not. Showtime GIF by Homeland

Yes they are. :smh: I was referring to the BMI credits, and the list in the OP is the same order of names - they've just changed it to list their aliases instead.

alalala.png

voidfigure
8 hours ago, illySpencer said:

Well, this is disapointting !

It's pretty clear to me that GaGa wants to take her distances with the music world and she is starting to not be that involved in the creative aspect of her albums as she used to. When I looked back, before Joanne, we could feel her energy in her songs, now I just feel that she is singging songs from others people, I mean Joanne was Mark Ronson's album and vision. Chromatica is BloodPop's. ARTPOP was a mix of both GaGa and others creation.    

I miss her, really.    

You're so dramatic, it's not like that.

PropaGaga
19 hours ago, justhislife said:

Gaga might have started the tracks but that doesn't mean she was heavily involved. Chromatica started with Stupid Love, a song Bloodpop brought to Gaga while she was on tour. So the album was initiated by him. The beginnings of the song were given to her by him. The only production credits she has on the album are the interludes. Axwell and others wrote Sine From Above for Elton in 2014 and then gave it to Gaga after they couldn't get a hold of Elton and they knew Gaga could get him on it. Madison Love wrote Sour Candy outside of Chromatica as well, and her and Bloodpop had the idea to bring BLACKPINK onto the song. BURNS brought a lot of Replay, which was written outside of Chromatica, to Bloodpop, and they worked it together to create the song. 

The story that these interviews with Bloodpop and the writing credits paint is that Bloodpop coordinated the entire effort. He helped Gaga write the beginnings of the songs and then contacted people in the industry to transform the songs. I do believe this is Gaga's story (though many songs barely scratch the surface), but Bloodpop and others wrote it for her. To me it sounds like Bloodpop tried to take care of Gaga and guide her through this era, and there's nothing wrong with that. I understand she's depressed and was/is in a bad place. But let's not pretend like this is an era where Gaga brought to life her own vision in the sophisticated manner she has in the past. Gaga narrated her bare-bones biography that was written by Axwell, Madeon, Max Martin, Tchami, Bloodpop, and 16 others aside from Elton, Ariana, and Gaga.

This is a little disingenuous. “Stupid Love” was an instrumental idea BloodPop played for Gaga. In usual Gaga fashion, she took it, deconstructed it on piano, and then rebuilt the track before recording it.

”Sine from Above” was an unfinished piano demo, and the only thing they kept from this was the chord progression for the verses and I assume Elton’s bit, but they never actually made this part clear. Gaga came up with the concept and wrote the rest of song.

”Replay” was a rough instrumental idea Burns had worked on that BloodPop thought would fit a track Gaga had already written.

“Sour Candy” was leftover from a previous session BloodPop had with another writer, but it was really an idea for a chorus and a partial verse written for a featured artist. Gaga came up with the rest.

As for everything else, BloodPop himself said Gaga would go off and write songs by herself on piano and he’d transpose the notes and build rough beats for her to record over. This was when Boys Noize was still involved. These are what the demos for “Rain On Me” and “Free Woman” are. Once the demos were done they started handing them off to various producers to essentially remix them.

So while Gaga may not have a heavy hand in the production, most of these songs don’t exist without the foundation she put down for everyone else to build on. And that’s not unusual for any of her albums, all of them have a selection of songs that were pitched to her as instrumentals and she wrote over them.

mcphee

Chromatica isnt the same thing for Gaga that, for example, Hurts 2B Human is for P!nk. Its obvious that she was less involved and you can't help but notice the influences from other people, but the album is still very her and it doesn't feel like she's selling out. H2BH is a good album, but it sounds like P!nk covering other peoples songs a lot of the time, rather than them being hers. The departure from misundaztood to H2BH for instance is a lot harsher than The Fame to Chromatica. :poot:

nathantj594

I’ve never understood why some little monsters are so quick to jump on her for branching out. She branches out to risky pop art music and y’all freak out. She branches out to jazz/show tunes and y’all freak out. She branches out to country rock/folk and y’all freak out. She branches out to start working with more hard-hitting producers and y’all freak out. Can we let her grow a little bit! Ever? She said herself when she was asked why she never worked with Max Martin before and she said she just decided to stop being an asshole and got to work with one of the biggest names in music. She’s not regressing as an artist just because she’s bringing more people on board to assist in the creative process. If anything, she’s growing. Think of the prettiest piece of fine art you can. Now imagine if another artist who dealt in the same media and style were to help that artist out with making the piece. Would it be less impressive because two people worked on it, or would it be even more beautiful of a finished product? 

What if Bach and Handel collaborated? What if Michelangelo and Da Vinci collaborated? I think Gaga is hugely influential in making her music. At the end of the day, is it good music? Then who cares how many people wrote it? I’ve heard amazing songs written by several people, and I’ve also heard really really shtty songs that have been written by one person. Just enjoy the music! And if you don’t like her new stuff, it’s not like her old stuff is gone forever. Use this screen you’re reading this on right now to search up Just Dance and then get off to the thought of it only having three writers. Get a grip!! 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Archived