💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

My Gagadobe Entry, i need Advice

Quran

Featured Posts

adobe5.png

so this is the current version. its by far not finished, i have to polish the tree in the background, the grass, make the stone on the side better, etc

but I'd be glad if someone could give me advice to make her blend better into the background? it really looks like she was just copy pasted on it.

NewUsername

I like it, good job, but what my attention went to almost immediately are the rather weird proportions. It looks very worm's eye view.

37 minutes ago, Quran said:

its by far not finished

:laughga: this is far better than anything I could create 

You already have a lot of elements going on. This is a great start of a design, but what is the concept? I think before moving on to merge the illo with this hard background,need to ask: is that background (the palette, texture, foliage) even serving the concept.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

beaublue

I think maybe taking out some of the more busy stuff & replacing it with a contour outline of the image or for the background would work really well. You could then make the outline color hot pink so it stands out & creates contrast against the full image.

roshogullu

what if you created bright pink clouds with lots of lightning behind her, while maintaining the dark green sky towards the edges?

Looks absolutely stunning already anyways! Good luck! :enigma:

JazzGa

First of all, I love the way you've changed how she's interacting with the Sine. It looks like she is wielding it like a bladed hula hoop type of weapon, ready to throw it at some Unkind Punks and slay them :firega: 

Personally, on my screen, I can't even see the background elements you're talking about (the tree and stone just blend in with the blackness). So I would ditch trying to focus on them or spend more time on them-- they're not really important, so I say zont zo it. Also consider lightening the whole image up. Her face in the little oval on the left is too dark to see. 

Allow your gorgeous painterly details in her face and outfit to shine. Crop it closer-- you can hardly see the excellent details you put into her face and hair. That's the best part of this illustration imo, so zoom in on it and show it off! You don't need no stinkin background lol. 

As far as making her look like she is "in" the scene rather than pasted "onto" it, the secret to that is choosing a light source, then shading/highlighting the subject to match. This illustration appears to have no light source! I think a light on the right would look nice-- it would go well with the way you've highlighted her cheekbones and you could do some very nice shiny booty/hip area highlighting :) 

I know this was a long comment, but I love to make digital paintings so I hope some of my advice helps. :tony:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

1 hour ago, NewUsername said:

I like it, good job, but what my attention went to almost immediately are the rather weird proportions. It looks very worm's eye view.

thank you.
yeah the idea was to make her look more powerful and that can be achieved by having the viewer "look up" to something

57 minutes ago, Doot said:

:laughga: this is far better than anything I could create 

thank you! :heart: 

54 minutes ago, KNJ said:

You already have a lot of elements going on. This is a great start of a design, but what is the concept? I think before moving on to merge the illo with this hard background,need to ask: is that background (the palette, texture, foliage) even serving the concept.

the idea was basically it looking like a video game screen when you chose the character. i think i'll delete the foliage and the stone on the side and just have it the green sky as the background. and then add some pink clouds and lightning and delete the green electricity radiating from the chromatica sine

53 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

I think maybe taking out some of the more busy stuff & replacing it with a contour outline of the image or for the background would work really well. You could then make the outline color hot pink so it stands out & creates contrast against the full image.

this is also a good idea. i think ill work on it some more and if i cant make it work (have never done backgrounds before) ill do this.

37 minutes ago, roshogullu said:

what if you created bright pink clouds with lots of lightning behind her, while maintaining the dark green sky towards the edges?

Looks absolutely stunning already anyways! Good luck! :enigma:

i think im doing this! 

3 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

First of all, I love the way you've changed how she's interacting with the Sine. It looks like she is wielding it like a bladed hula hoop type of weapon, ready to throw it at some Unkind Punks and slay them :firega: 

Personally, on my screen, I can't even see the background elements you're talking about (the tree and stone just blend in with the blackness). So I would ditch trying to focus on them or spend more time on them-- they're not really important, so I say zont zo it. Also consider lightening the whole image up. Her face in the little oval on the left is too dark to see. 

Allow your gorgeous painterly details in her face and outfit to shine. Crop it closer-- you can hardly see the excellent details you put into her face and hair. That's the best part of this illustration imo, so zoom in on it and show it off! You don't need no stinkin background lol. 

As far as making her look like she is "in" the scene rather than pasted "onto" it, the secret to that is choosing a light source, then shading/highlighting the subject to match. This illustration appears to have no light source! I think a light on the right would look nice-- it would go well with the way you've highlighted her cheekbones and you could do some very nice shiny booty/hip area highlighting :) 

I know this was a long comment, but I love to make digital paintings so I hope some of my advice helps. :tony:

thanks for the detailed comment!

the idea of a light source is really good. i think that means i will have to delete the stone and plants for good then, otherwise its way too busy. 

and yeah the illustration looks way better without background

but i thought for the contest i needed to add some kind of scenery to it.

i guess i'll leave the green background (i love the pink and green contrast) and add some pink lightning and lighting and just generall tame it down

Archived