Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE || The Emancipation Of Mimi

Blown Away

Featured Posts

Blown Away

Header.png

Hi dahhhhlings, as promised I present to you... The megarate of Mariah's The Emancipation Of Mimi.

A short history of the album:

Spoiler

Following her departure from Columbia Records (part of Sony Music), life hadn't been kind to Mariah. She had worked tirelessly on her eight studio album, Glitter, which was also the soundtrack to her first movie. The soundtrack was plagued by many issues. Her ex-husband Tommy Mottola attempted to sabotage the project multiple times, the soundtrack was critically panned, the movie got a disastrous reception, Carey's relationship with Latin singer Luis Miguel had ended and Carey"s single success had abruptly come to an end. On top of that she had a emotional and physical breakdown and had to check into a hospital in Connecticut. After that entire debacle she was paid by Virgin Records to leave the label, she then signed to Island Records and released her ninth studio album Charmbracelet. The album was also unsuccessful, with many music critics argued that Mariah had lost her voice and that her career was over.

When preparing for her tenth album Mariah enlisted a select list of producers, like The Neptunes (I'm A Slave 4 U, Hot In Herre, Rock Your Body), Kanye West and James Wright. By November 2004 she had enough material for the album and Say Somethin' was set to be the lead single. At the last minute L.A. Reid, the head of Island Records, suggested she should records a few more strong songs with Jermaine Dupri, as he thought Mariah's best songs were made with Jermaine. She travelled to Atlanta for a 3-day recording session and they made the songs Shake It Off and Get Your Number. After returning she went back once more and created the songs We Belong Together and It's Like That, which became the eventual lead single.

In January 2005 It's Like That was released as the lead single. It marked Mariah's return to chart success and started a string of hit songs, with only the exception of sixth and final single Say Somethin'/Fly Like A Bird. The album was massively successful as well, becoming the fourth biggest album of 2005 in the US and worldwide. It has sold over 10 million copies.

Before we start the album, here are some rules:

Spoiler

- Rate each song from 1 to 10. Up to 2 decimals are allowed.
- Each participant may give ONE 11 to their favorite song.
- Each participant may give ONE 0 to their least favorite song. (duh, it's me)
- No trolling allowed!
- Comments are very much welcome, but not necessary.

We will be rating the Ultra Platinum Edition, which features 18 songs. However, we won't rate the We Belong Together Remix, which brings us to 17 tracks to rate. . Now put on our headphones, lay back and enjoy HERE!

You can submit the rates until Wednesday, the 15th of July at 9PM CEST. I'll hold the ceremony on the same day at 2PM CEST.

I will announce a chance to win a bonus power on Saturday.

Tracklist:

Spoiler

1. It's Like That
2. We Belong Together
3. Shake It Off
4. Mine Again
5. Say Somethin' (feat. Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams)
6. Stay The Night
7. Get Your Number (feat. Jermaine Dupri)
8. One And Only (with Twista)
9. Circles
10. Your Girl
11. I Wish You Knew
12. To The Floor (feat. Nelly)
13. Joy Ride
14. Fly Like A Bird
15. Don't Forget About Us
16. Makin' It Last All Night (feat. Jermaine Dupri)
17. So Lonely (with Twista)

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blown Away

Blown Away
Just now, COOOK said:

I won't make it for this one. Thanks though! :kiss:

Thanks for letting me know :hug:

LoLaA

I will participate However I don’t  know if I am able to join the ceremony because I don’t know my work schedule yet ;) sent my rates soon! 

edit: I hope I can join the ceremony because that’s always popcorn and laugh :heart:

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

heygurlhi

Im in!

rooting fot It like that but WBT deserves the win :vegas:(the most obivious megarate ever)

Ignore me i drink

Blown Away

@KatieJudasGaga4 I don't think you usually do megarates, but I know you're a gigantic Mariah stan. You're interested?

erotic4

Sent my rates right now and Twista slays in One and Only... :firega:

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

LoLaA

I've just sent my rates :firega:

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Archived