Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Rolling Stone: Don’t Start Now and Say So opened the gate for Chromatica

Lighter

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers

FN is more 80s/70s. Chromatica is 90s/early 2000s (except Stupid Love and Replay).

heygurlhi

What gates? 

we are flopping according to the charts thread :diane:

Ignore me i drink

Judas Society
28 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Dunno why everyone’s so defensive of this sh*t, pretty sure they’re referring to how it’d perform in the music market, not that the sound inspired Gaga :billie:

because it automatically undermines Chromatica's selling power. Like without DSN / Say So, it wouldn't sell as much.

gypsy101
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I still have yet to hear "Don't Start Now". Idek who it's by, I just keep seeing the name.

And el em a-yo at the idea of Doja Cat opening a door for Lady freaking Gaga :ladyhaha:

it’s by Dua Lipa, go listen to Future Nostalgia it’s a terrific album

Ivy

I don't think most people even know that house comes from disco since they really don't sound very similar, so I disagree :yennefer: 

And there's only a tiny bit of Disco sound on Chromatica, maybe Replay and at the end of Sour Candy 

Lord Temptation

What the hell is wrong with Rolling Stone? :mark:

ItalianGagaStan
2 hours ago, heygurlhi said:

What gates? 

we are flopping according to the charts threas :diane:

The gates are closed peopleeeee.

Too many people on Chromatica!!!!

I hope that she will come back promoting soon but i think that she won't...

nathantj594

Cancelled. Burn your copies, sisters. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

LaLuna

Bitch, Gaga's been in the game for over 10 years, she opened the damned gate for herself thank you very much.

FFXIV WhiteMage

She conquered the music scene with a ballad when the popular genre was Hip-Hop/Rap :huntyga:

I mean Chromatica and ROM will still perform the way it did (or even more if properly promoted :interestinga:) with or without those two songs.

Let's just say that they were released earlier... period :kiss:

PS: DSN and Say So are total bops and I love them :sis:

Twitter
4 hours ago, Admin said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were just trying to say that those songs came out earlier and sort of started the 80s comeback (along with Blinding Lights), not that they inspired Chromatica. It's still very poorly worded though, so I get why people are mad :laughga:

I second this.

aaronyoji

even songs that coincidentally sound like dua lipa's "hallucinate" i.e enigma, enigma as a tour and idea was announced what, mid 2018?? before future nostalgia was even in production I'm sure. 

dua lipa is not a taste maker. she's not an artist, she is a hot girl who is pleasing to look at and can wear any direction/style well. 

i don't get how majorly unqualified people like brittany spanos get such high profile journalism jobs. this is clickbait, supported by ill researched connections and trends. 

Archived