💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Rolling Stone: Don’t Start Now and Say So opened the gate for Chromatica

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

*Chromatica’s success

The success of “Don’t Start Now” and “Say So” may have open the floodgates for more disco success stories: Lady Gaga’s Chromatica pulls heavily from Nineties house culture, the spiritual child of peak- and post-disco.

“may have OPEN the” lmao even her grammar is incorrect.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/disco-dua-lipa-doja-cat-the-weeknd-990437/

PartySick

I still have yet to hear "Don't Start Now". Idek who it's by, I just keep seeing the name.

And el em a-yo at the idea of Doja Cat opening a door for Lady freaking Gaga :ladyhaha:

🖤

• Admin locked and unlocked this topic
Chromatislaps

well Rebel Heart and Kiesza also had 90s inspired bops, so what's the tea? :gayhat:

Bubblegum Bitch

Did they listen to The Fame? :yennefer: This album even has song Disco Heaven. :diane:

Gagaism

Maybe Im being dumb but see both songs totally different of everything from Chromatica. I mean, DSN and SS are more disco-ish while Chromatica tends to house vibes. 

FfFfFfFF

And Just Dance, Disco Heaven, Fashion!, ARTPOP, I Want You Love opened the gates for them. :yennefer:

flyaway

ha ha lol GIF

This is absolutely not the fisrt time Gaga tops the charts with something that sounds different from the trending sound on the charts. So no, don't give those two songs any credit for the dance genre, as Gaga has explored it ever since Just Dance. And it topped the charts when R&B was the trend. 

monketsharona

We all know Gaga was working for forever on that album so Chromatica was probably a 90s full experience far before those two songs were even a thought in the persons who made it 

They just had a good timing being released before Chromatica

Luke78619

Dunno why everyone’s so defensive of this sh*t, pretty sure they’re referring to how it’d perform in the music market, not that the sound inspired Gaga :billie:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

gagzus

Considering Chromatica is primarily a  House and Dance album, Replay is the only remotely Disco/Funk sounding sonically but that’s purely because of the Diana Ross sample- I severely doubt it 💀

Dont Start Now is more Funk and DSN is R&B and Funk. Nothing remotely House or Dance 💀💀

Also Gaga has some disco influences records her whole career, she single handedly brought back four on the floor which EVERY pop artist now does legit EVERYONE 💀💀

Lextyr97
9 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Dunno why everyone’s so defensive of this sh*t, pretty sure they’re referring to how it’d perform in the music market, not that the sound inspired Gaga :billie:

We’re defensive cause it’s bull **** 😂

TimisaMonster

So....2 new artists opened the way for Gagas 6th album....interesting :yennefer:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

LoLaA

Yes, Gaga needs 2 new artists for her 6TH studio album she has been working on since 2017... 

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Admin
20 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were just trying to say that those songs came out earlier and sort of started the 80s comeback (along with Blinding Lights), not that they inspired Chromatica. It's still very poorly worded though, so I get why people are mad :laughga:

Archived