💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Madonna, Gaga, Lana, Britney | Who had the most wannabes?

vyniildisk

Most wannabes?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Most wannabes of these icons...

Featured Posts

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, Guillermo Tello said:

another one :bradley:

lady_gaga_madonna_tribute_born_this_way.

You are going to get my thread closed. Edit and i will edit. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kulture Kiari
1 minute ago, River said:

Hmm it’s actually Madonna was a Cindy wannabe, but Madonna was just better and overshadowed Cindy at the end, it’s well known that Madonna kinda sabotaged her career :laughga:

This! Do your research. Cindi came first and then Madonna. Then that's when they were all saying Madonna was just a fad and Cindy would be here for the long run. 

1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

Christina Aguilera was not a Britney wannabe. They were two separate artists even back when they debuted. The media always compared them because there wasn't 2 pop girls before them and they rose to fame at the same time. They were nothing alike and everybody knew it. 

Xtina and Britney had similar looks but different styles. That is all. 

Jlo is not a Beyonce copy because she started as a solo artist, meanwhile Beyonce started in a group. 

But either way, let's stop these "Who is a copy of who?" threads. Each artist, whether intentional copy or not, because in the end, they did deliver some good books, whether they were one hit wonders or not. 

weed

Gaga

id include Nicki, Jessie J, Miley, everyone became weird trying to emulate her. Ofc not their whole careers based on it but def wannabe status 

nickkoko

I don't think Xtina was a wannabe Britney. I think the style of Britney's first two albums and Xtina's first album was what most pop smashes sounded like at the time so the labels just went with it. In terms of vocal ability, there's no way Xtina & Britney are similar. But, even just putting them together as one (since they became popular at relatively the same time), there are a lot of wannabees for that sound. We could even put P!nk's first album in that category because it sounded a lot like what Britney & Xtina were doing. Here's a wannabe song

12 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

This ones? They just seem like blonde attractive popstars but i can see where that comes from. Specially the 2nd one

Also. Is JLo a Beyoncé wannabe? 

Beyonce was still in Destiny's Child when Jennifer released her first album, and their music and performances are completely different.

The videos you used of Christina and Jessica are later in their careers. Im talking about the bubble gum pop era in 1999-2001. All of the sudden everyone was blonde, had their belly out, oversexualized teens, and were singing bubble gum pop songs.

Jessica was a vocalist, but was forced to play the Britney role which she admits today. Christina had to do the same thing but she tried so hard to be edgier than Britney. They both mocked Britney for not having a good voice so they can differentiate themselves.

Anveeroy

According to your theory, Britney is Janet wannabe? :bear:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Hebi
1 minute ago, weed said:

Gaga

id include Nicki, Jessie J, Miley, everyone became weird trying to emulate her. Ofc not their whole careers based on it but def wannabe status 

And later everyone had a strippeddown Joanne era :yennefer:

vyniildisk
4 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Beyonce was still in Destiny's Child when Jennifer released her first album, and their music and performances are completely different.

The videos you used of Christina and Jessica are later in their careers. Im talking about the bubble gum pop era in 1999-2001. All of the sudden everyone was blonde, had their belly out, oversexualized teens, and were singing bubble gum pop songs.

Omg that jessica is pretty much a britney twin wtf the same face

vyniildisk
2 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

According to your theory, Britney is Janet wannabe? :bear:

Jackson? Receipts

SKANK

It’s Cyndi with a y. Not Cyndi with an i.

Saying Cyndi Lauper is a Madonna wannabe is like saying Gaga is a Katy Perry wannabe. They are different artists.

Here is a video of Cyndi Lauper (looking and sounding a lot like Gaga) talking about Madonna.

vyniildisk

Btw guys. With wannabes i mean female artists that their record labels molded them after a popular popstar. Not the ones that got "inspired" here and there. 

Anveeroy
5 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Jackson? Receipts

It's all over on YouTube. Britney's whole career is a tribute to Janet. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

vyniildisk
2 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

It's all over on YouTube. Britney's whole career is a tribute to Janet. 

I only found comparisons with Madonna, sorry.

Archived