💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling defends transphobic comments

COOOK

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, sampool said:

Except that she never really said anything against trans people, she just support the rights of biological woman and concept of sex, which is purely science, since that’s what y’all believe in anyway, when it comes to religion atleast. I find it hypocritical. :shrug:

You sound like one of those freaks that thinks gay rights mean less rights for straights. We know what sex means but we also know that sex is different than gender, because we’re smart.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoetsTryinWrite

Look, I agree that gender dysphoria is complex and that not everybody who reports symptoms should automatically be placed on hormones and scheduled for reassignment surgery, but come on, Jo. 

Because it is so complex I truly believe that it is a discussion that should only occur between a healthcare professional and someone who is transgender. It is not a public debate. 

Of course society needs to make considerable adjustments to ensure the equality, dignity, privacy and civil rights are protected for transgender people, but their participation, activities and daily needs in society should not be up for individual discussion. This is downright discrimination. 

Jo is massively misguided on this subject. She seems to keep confusing the experience of transgender people with the culture of gender nonconformity. This is entirely different from dysphoria. Wikipedia says; According to the American Psychiatric Association, the critical element of gender dysphoria is "clinically significant distress".

People of GGD, I urge you to stand up and protect your fellow transgender users, even if you don’t personally agree with their decisions. I think many of us know how it feels to be marginalised and discriminated against for things that are beyond our control.

The evil is not J.K. Rowling. The true evil is staying silent when powerful people attack vulnerable groups. Speak up. Defend your humanity. 

Defend Your Humanity.

sampool
1 minute ago, Brecht said:

You sound like one of those freaks that thinks gay rights mean less rights for straights. We know what sex means but we also know that sex is different than gender, because we’re smart.

And she said nothing about gender, so why y’all mad? Or is it because when she spoke about sex the trans community felt excluded and painted her a transphobic? So much for being “smart”. 

FATCAT
7 minutes ago, sampool said:

Except that she never really said anything against trans people, she just support the rights of biological woman and concept of sex, which is purely science, since that’s what y’all believe in anyway, when it comes to religion atleast. I find it hypocritical. :shrug:

She literally made tweets excluding trans individuals.

https://www.thecut.com/2020/06/j-k-rowling-accused-of-transphobia-over-twitter-commentary.html

Purr more, hiss less.

Gimme More

she needs to stop talking :saladga:

she's so unlikeable.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

1 minute ago, sampool said:

And she said nothing about gender, so why y’all mad? Or is it because when she spoke about sex the trans community felt excluded and painted her a transphobic? So much for being “smart”. 

She said nothing about gender because she choses to ignore it, because it doesn't fit her narrative. Literally no one said sex is not a thing. She keeps saying trans activists are trying to erase sex, which is not true. 

sampool
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

So saying a biological female experience is different from a Trans female is transphobic? That should be common sense. 

She literally said this in the same series of tweets just so her intention wouldn’t be taken out of context: “I respect every trans person’s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans.” 

I’m not one to tolerate bs and I’ll call a spade a spade, whoever found this offensive wanted to feel offended. The victim-mentality isn’t a healthy mindset to experience the world in.

sampool
10 minutes ago, Brecht said:

She said nothing about gender because she choses to ignore it, because it doesn't fit her narrative. Literally no one said sex is not a thing. She keeps saying trans activists are trying to erase sex, which is not true. 

It is true. Or they wouldn’t have found her tweets ‘offensive’ in the first place, they think the world revolves around them. 

MJHolland
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

She doesn't deserve to be cancelled - other than for being too stupid to shut up.  

She supports trans people, she defeinitely doesn't hate them - she just thinks she's arguing a technically point.  

You don't have to agree with everything a groups wants in order to be an ally. 

She doesn't have hate in her heart - she just will not listen, or at very least shut up.

This is TRUE.  The comments are horrifying - that's when I saw there was a real problem with what she's doing. 

I’ve never seen a more fitting username attached to a comment on this site. Yikes. 

PoetsTryinWrite
1 minute ago, sampool said:

It is true. Or they wouldn’t have found her tweets ‘offensive’ in the first place, they think the world revolves around them. 

You’re revealing a little bit of contempt there...

Defend Your Humanity.

MJHolland
3 minutes ago, sampool said:

So saying a biological female experience is different from a Trans female is transphobic? That should be common sense. 

She literally said this in the same series of tweets just so her intention wouldn’t be taken out of context: “I respect every trans person’s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans.” 

I’m not one to tolerate bs and I’ll call a spade a spade, whoever found this offensive wanted to feel offended. The victim-mentality isn’t a healthy mindset to experience the world in.

She wrote an essay describing transgender-ism as a youth PANDEMIC that’s fueled by autism and internalized homophobia (ie gay people rather have gender reassignment surgery so they can pass as “straight”). 

JK Rowling and anyone who defends her are transphobic garbage. 

sampool
Just now, PoetsTryinWrite said:

You’re revealing a little bit of contempt there...

tenor.gif

PoetsTryinWrite
7 minutes ago, sampool said:

Those with gender dysphoria are already mentally distressed. What she is saying from her position of power is irresponsible and dangerous as it incites the targeting of vulnerable individuals which yes, inevitably creates a victim-mentality. Victims tend to feel that way. 

Defend Your Humanity.

Archived