MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

tech

TikTok may be banned by Trump Administration

Werk

Featured Posts

Red Velvet
Just now, President Biden said:

:ohwell: Trump lowkey has done many things to save the music industry.

1. Passing intellectual property rights legislation

2. Ending Kanye’s popularity

3. Ending TikTok

Just saying!!

And finally getting Taylor Swift to say this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXBSfd0N6YXcHm_j25_FMimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkaTMATpWcueVxKldErGS

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Kinda sad but it's just for show for his base. He has been in bed with the Chinese for years now. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
justhislife
1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

If it's in the interest of national security, I don't follow your equivalency. He's not banning TikTok because users on it don't like him or his administration and use the platform to be critical of it, he's banning it because of ties to China, a country which, I cannot stress enough, is just a little bit hostile to America, it's government, and it's people. So no, it's not in the vein of China or North Korea, which ban social media as a way to oppress thought deemed "unacceptable". 

1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

fam TikTok is literally chinese malware lmao. this is not a 1st Amendment issue 

How is it a question of national security? I'm actually curious and nobody in the last thread was able to answer. Tik Tok collects information just as any other social media platform does. The fact that the other companies operate out of the U.S. doesn't change the fact that they sell our information to the highest bidder. Zoom "mistakenly" routed calls through China, after people criticised the idea of them having offices in China that could cave to pressure. They also misled consumers about encryption practices, and only allow encryption for paying customers. I'm sure we all know the many privacy concerns from Facebook and Company. They're all doing the same thing. This is Trump's racism and tech lobbyists, not a true concern for national security. 

Maleficent
4 minutes ago, justhislife said:

How is it a question of national security? I'm actually curious and nobody in the last thread was able to answer. Tik Tok collects information just as any other social media platform does. The fact that the other companies operate out of the U.S. doesn't change the fact that they sell our information to the highest bidder. Zoom "mistakenly" routed calls through China, after people criticised the idea of them having offices in China that could cave to pressure. They also misled consumers about encryption practices, and only allow encryption for paying customers. I'm sure we all know the many privacy concerns from Facebook and Company. They're all doing the same thing. This is Trump's racism and tech lobbyists, not a true concern for national security. 

EbkalGXVcAIOoni?format=jpg&name=large

15 minutes ago, Autumn said:

funny how little any of you care about freedom of speech because you're all too old and bitter to be involved in things considered 'trendy'

confused look to god GIF by Steve Harvey TVStressed Over It GIF by HULU

The fact that Gen Z would rather download “trendy” chinese spyware and scream “FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!” as their defense while using an app from a country without freedom of speech is just so....Gen Z lmao. 

Maleficent

I deleted my TikTok app, it definitely can't be accessing my phone anymore right? or should i reset my whole phone? 

44 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

woow, is this necessary? why not put a filter on the app so they can monitore they dont spy and call it a day

That’s not how coding an app and algorithms work sis but........

Mindblown

🌿𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓃𝒾𝒶𝓁𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒾𝓀 𝓉𝑜𝓀 𝒾𝓈 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓋𝒾𝒹𝑒𝑜𝓈 🧚‍♂️💫 

Maleficent
Just now, Mindblown said:

🌿𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓃𝒾𝒶𝓁𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒾𝓀 𝓉𝑜𝓀 𝒾𝓈 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓋𝒾𝒹𝑒𝑜𝓈 🧚‍♂️💫 

4 minutes ago, brownie said:

The fact that Gen Z would rather download “trendy” chinese spyware and scream “FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!” as their defense while using an app from a country without freedom of speech is just so....Gen Z lmao. 

don't get me wrong, i think TikTok is a great platform to have as it can not only be used educationally, but is entertaining in a way that encourages users to get off their couches and go out in the world to film...BUT i won't be re-downloading the app until there's clear proof that it is no longer spying on me. 

GregJA
35 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

woow, is this necessary? why not put a filter on the app so they can monitore they dont spy and call it a day

Which filter, sepia, bokeh or #nofilter :hor:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020
Suuus
47 minutes ago, killerstiletto said:

Can they ban facebook while they're at it?

Can they also ban Twitter while they are at it

blankpaper
1 minute ago, Suuus said:

Can they also ban Twitter while they are at it

What did @Twitter ever do to you :messga:

reality’s tight if the music is right
blankpaper
Just now, Suuus said:

I meant Twitter the the social media  platform not the user 

It was a joke lol, I knew what you meant, sorry :)

reality’s tight if the music is right

Archived