💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga go full-on experimental someday?

Babel

Featured Posts

Babel

Do you think that someday in the future she’ll have the freedom to put out a song without caring about how streaming and/or radio friendly it can be, how well it’d do on the charts... etc. Just for the sake of her artistry?

I know she’s been there quite a few times in the past with songs like Aura or Perfect Illusion, but still, even though I love them, they somehow feel like they don’t go as deep and hard as she’s capable to go.  

I was also thinking about a lengthy song, something like this, 

Or this

I think she’s the only popstar right now that can pull off something similar. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JRCF29

11 minutes ago, A mess said:

she’ll have the freedom to put out a song without caring about how streaming and/or radio friendly it can be, how well it’d do on the charts... etc. Just for the sake of her artistry?

She put out Joanne (WDYTYG) didn’t she :madge:

Spoiler

I love that song it’s probably one of the most emotional songs I’ve ever heard 

Don't Call Me Gaga

GaGaAst
16 minutes ago, A mess said:

Do you think that someday in the future she’ll have the freedom to put out a song without caring about how streaming and/or radio friendly it can be, how well it’d do on the charts... etc. Just for the sake of her artistry?

She already has since Joanne. She is a legend. Other artists would be forced to sacrifice their integrity after ARTPOP but our girl did a 360 and got artistic freedom.

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

BleepBloop

When she really stops caring about the charts, then yes, maybe

Catnikko

probs not

also are those really considered experimental? :emma: Government Hooker is more experimental than any of those imo :stalkga:

Bobbylon

Yeah I’d like to get Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have/Venice Biatch situation on gaga’s singles or promo singles. Like, she could make an era  for the music not the bling and create something that is still pop but not in a structure of a generic pop song (not saying that it’s a bad thing)

ARTPOP

If she somehow goes out of the Interscope’s contract.

Obviously she was planning to release an album 2018 or 2019 with #2018radioisours, don’t come for me saying that ASIB success is the reason. even if it was 2019 would have been a perfect release time towards the end of the year. They usually put their priority stars (which was Bilie Eilish) on the front line, that’s not a conspiracy that’s how record labels work. Even if they amended their differences (due to ARTPOP) with a new contract, I think they want to keep her as a name rather make her their priority.

For anyone saying “she can release whatever and whenever she wants” no she can’t. 

COME ON GAYS!!

pop ate my heart
52 minutes ago, PlasticWeave said:

probs not

also are those really considered experimental? :emma: Government Hooker is more experimental than any of those imo :stalkga:

Tea but I Feel Love was highly experimental and innovative back in the day. A cultural reset indeed :firega:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

ARTPOP
1 hour ago, GaGaAst said:

She already has since Joanne. She is a legend. Other artists would be forced to sacrifice their integrity after ARTPOP but our girl did a 360 and got artistic freedom.

Lol after ARTPOP they chained her more, Joanne is not “artistic freedom”. It is nothing “artistic” or “different”, it is more of a smart move to get her image and status ready to resume her career (Which is probably was encouraged by her record label)

If Joanne would have been artistic she would have gone full on rock (PI style)

COME ON GAYS!!

GaGaAst
10 minutes ago, Arbmonster said:

Lol after ARTPOP they chained her more, Joanne is not “artistic freedom”. It is nothing “artistic” or “different”, it is more of a smart move to get her image and status ready to resume her career (Which is probably was encouraged by her record label)

If Joanne would have been artistic she would have gone full on rock (PI style)

I meant artistic freedom. Interscope must have forced her to release LG5 - a pure pop album. But SHE HAD POWER TO SCRAP THAT and start fresh for Joanna (due to ASIB partially).

Artistic freedom doesn't have to be experimental. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

ARTPOP
11 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

I meant artistic freedom. Interscope must have forced her to release LG5 - a pure pop album. But SHE HAD POWER TO SCRAP THAT and start fresh for Joanna (due to ASIB partially).

Artistic freedom doesn't have to be experimental. 

I meant they pressured her into Joanne, which is btw a pop album.

COME ON GAYS!!

Massive Monster

Depends who she teams up with...

At the moment in my opinion the most experimental tracks are:

Aura 

Swine 

Bloody Mary

Government Hooker

Kind regards

SHALLOW

How would we know? That depends on how her career goes and what people expect from her (she says she does the opposite)

MiQuenDroid

Yes, when she'll release ARTPOP Act II :selena:

All I ever wanted was love...

paradox

she probably doesn't want to (at least at the moment). she renewed her contract with interscope not long ago and seems to still care about the charts (despite giving off the vibes that she doesn't) - collabing with ariana and bp for example
if anything she had the chance to do it with joanne but didn't for some reason. she switched up her sound but still kept it very safe

who knows though, she may shock us again eventually :poot:

Archived