💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

#RIPELLEN Trending on Twitter, Even Though She Isn't Dead

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

SKANK
1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

All those hosts have apologized for pervious actions, learned why it was wrong, rehabilitated, and used their platforms for good (minus James Corden, he should lose his show too). 

Ellen refuses to believe she's in the wrong. Her attitude is off-putting and just goes to show how out of touch she is. She thinks she can get away with it. 

Firstly, it is simply not true to say all the hosts I listed have apologized, rehabilitated, and used their platforms for good. Secondly, assuming that was true, mobs on social media are hardly known for accepting an apology and moving on.

I do not buy that explanation for why there is a particular hostility directed at Ellen.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde
Just now, Maleficent said:

i'm starting to think you yourself are Ellen, cuz no one else in their right mind would so passionately support someone so problematic 

Yes I'm ellen, you caught me :laughga:

OT : call her problematic yes a 100%  but calling her pure evil , based on rumours , shallow accusations and unknown people  on Twitter ..,NO!!!

Daylight Jokers
44 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

to play devil's advocate, Trump doesn't pretend to be something he's not. Trump's just an idiot. Ellen actively holds herself to a different standard than those around her. She belittles people for her own pleasure, and seems to enjoy the reputation of "being mean". She invites guests on her show only to make them uncomfortable by putting them on the spot (e.g. Mariah Carey's miscarriage, Saoirse Ronan's virginity, Madonna's dating life) and then ends her show with "be kind to one another". 

She's pure evil. She knows what she's doing. Trump's a moron, she's malicious 

She's awful, but we're not going to compare her to a person who's trying to ruin America.

Twitter trends are a riot hahaha! Either they make too much sense or no sense at all!

pink sushi
2 hours ago, SKANK said:

Jimmy Fallon did black face.

Jimmy Kimmel did black face.

James Corden is rumored to be a nasty person off-camera.

Stephen Colbert spent years performing racist caricatures including one named Ching Chong Ding Dong.

Steve Harvey has an extensive history of homophobic and sexist comments.

Julie Chen Moonves started using her full name publicly in order to show solidarity with her husband who is credibly accused by dozens of women of sexual assault, and sexual harassment.

Whoopie Goldberg defended Roman Polanski, saying he wasn't guilty of "rape-rape."

Wendy Williams has an extensive history of transphobic, homophobic, and problematic remarks.

Alec Baldwin physically assaulted multiple people, used homophobic slurs, and called his eleven year old daughter a "thoughtless little pig."

All of those hosts are currently on air, and none of them receive the same amount of ire as Ellen. Whether that disproportionate amount of criticism is explained by Ellen being a queer woman, or explained by the public's need to hate someone, it's unfortunate and unfair.

History repeating itself, as a morally outraged mob demands Ellen have her show taken away...

All those people that did black face or made racial jokes did so back in the day when it was considered acceptable. It was a different time and not many people took offense to it back then. All those people have since recognized that what they did was offensive and apologized for it. Nobody should be cancelled after that. 

Ellen is criticized so harshly because her ENTIRE image is built upon kindness and being a good person. She literally ends every show by saying “be kind to one another”. So to hear stories about her being the meanest person on planet is incredibly disgusting. Basically her whole image is one big fat LIE. That’s why people are cancelling her. 

RAMROD
17 minutes ago, pink sushi said:

All those people that did black face or made racial jokes did so back in the day when it was considered acceptable. It was a different time and not many people took offense to it back then. 

Please stop saying this, it was not acceptable in the 90s, I can say that much since I grew up in it. The last time it was "acceptable" was in the 40s, when segregation was still a thing. Spice Girls, especially Mel. B, backed by Geri, had a lot of issues when they were at Dutch TV in the 90s after seeing Zwatter Piet in the 90s.

It is just that majority of white people think and decides that it is OK, but it is NEVER BEEN OK. People took offense, it is just mainly ignored, unlike today, since we have social media now that help people to be loud.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SKANK
4 minutes ago, pink sushi said:

All those people that did black face or made racial jokes did so back in the day when it was considered acceptable. It was a different time and not many people took offense to it back then. All those people have since recognized that what they did was offensive and apologized for it. Nobody should be cancelled after that. 

Ellen is criticized so harshly because her ENTIRE image is built upon kindness and being a good person. She literally ends every show by saying “be kind to one another”. So to hear stories about her being the meanest person on planet is incredibly disgusting. Basically her whole image is one big fat LIE. That’s why people are cancelling her. 

Black face was not acceptable at the time.

Some of the hosts I mentioned have apologized, some have not. Colbert for example has yet to acknowledge his years of racist caricatures on both The Colbert Report and Strangers With Candy. When asked to apologies at the time, this was his response:

colberttweet.png

I understand the satirical context of the tweet, however by 2020 standards, he would be canceled without hesitation. But he, like the other hosts I listed, are afforded far more leeway then Ellen. The public, once again, has turned on Ellen.

As for Ellen being mean. I think it's sad but I don't hold it against her.

Imagine opening up to the world about who you are only to become the butt of every joke, have your career destroyed, receive death threats, and become reviled. Imaging seeing full page ads in The New York Times and Variety, accusing you of perverting the nation, for simply coming out of the closet. Overnight she went from being one of America's sweet hearts to American's giving her the nickname Ellen Degenerate. Everyone turned their backs on her, even Elton criticized her for being "too gay."

I'd understand if an experience like that hardens a person, and makes them cold and untrusting, and even mean. If Ellen is able to keep that coldness private, while publicly preaching to a massive audience the value of kindness (the kindnesses she wasn't afforded) then more power to her. It's a net positive for our culture, even if it's hypocritical on a personal level.

DovakhiinSasha

Wait what have I missed. My boyfriend loves her. (I dont really know her) what has she done or said?

Dirty pony I can't wait to hose you down

PoetsTryinWrite
5 hours ago, pop ate my heart said:

I'm here for this, but I wish people had the same energy when cancelling every other MALE celeb that's done a lot worse things than her.

The double standard is VERY evident:interestinga:

Can someone tell me what she’s done?

I know she can be cold and a little disingenuous but has she done else something that merits this reaction?

Defend Your Humanity.

Gagi
55 minutes ago, DovakhiinSasha said:

Wait what have I missed. My boyfriend loves her. (I dont really know her) what has she done or said?

ALLEDGEDLY she is a mean person behind the scenes and is only acting nice in front of the camera. Mean in the sense that she’s not talking to her show guests until they’re on stage.

There are fake people in Hollywood, hope you’re not too surprised. It’s nothing more than a witch hunt

Regina George

Sorry but this is ****ing sick. Y’all do know that some of these “jokes” can seriously affect people? Wow RIP Ellen.. So funny.. Twitter people are the worst kind of people. I live for day when that app will be deleted. Bunch of unimportant opinions being valued. 

And I’m saying this as someone who’s not a fan of Ellen.

ThisGuyTony

The only story here is how some of you believe any random posts people make on Twitter about someone. :coffee:

8 hours ago, pop ate my heart said:

The fact that people like 6ix9ine (a f*cking p*dophile) and Chris Brown (a violent piece of sh*t) are THRIVING while Ellen is getting burned alive for having mean ways says a lot and it's disgusting. At least Shane is getting what he deserves, but my point still stands

Shane is only getting it because he's not straight and his whole career is taking place online. Definitely still deserved, but it seems like if you are queer, you are an easier target for people online. 

killerstiletto
8 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

Rumors are circulating in various news/tabloid articles that her show is not being renewed 

Ah, thank you. I was wondering why and trying to fish through the stuff on twitter, but gave up. 

Dance!

Archived