💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rihanna’s 9th album is on hold indefinitely

Bat

Featured Posts

raragaga

oh cool, she cares more about money than art  bf7584cd086aaabbb32114e2ed6e05e5.gif

xoxo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kindness Ponk

I mean you don't even need source to confirm that... during the break she even created a clothing brand with LVMH, it's very clear that getting money is on her top priority.

Adelita
8 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I remember the days where I was a Rihanna fan instead of a little monster :poot:

Wow you have been through a lot :green:

Dramatica

Now I understand why people say that we are a bad fanbase :rip:

A girl decides to take a break from music and we start judging her ass :fatcat:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

7 hours ago, Rio said:

Ngl, JB is one of the last people I would have used as an example, what :laughga:

shook

i don’t think he’d give up music for money, just that

11 hours ago, justhislife said:

A Dailymail article says she's money driven though. The same news site that wrote a headline about Gaga's cleavage this week. And that's some of the less questionable "reporting" they've done. Rihanna has written some of her biggest songs such as "The Monster", "FourFiveSeconds", "Sex With Me", "Bitch Better Have My Money", "Birthday Cake", "Rude Boy", and "Pon De Replay". She hasn't written every song in her discography, but neither has Gaga and just to further that point you should look at what songs Interscope acquired from her before they brought in a team to help her write too. Gaga might have credits on every song, but she was essentially handed SFA and Sour Candy, if not more tracks. 

I make the point that Rihanna has released more music to emphasize how tired she could be. While writing is certainly part of the process, there is a lot more to do such as promo, MVs, and touring. Even if she isn't fully an artist, you yourself said she was manufactured. Part of that is the use by the music industry to profit from her, and she might feel tired of being a work horse for them. It's not just about a nice shiny record deal with big promo and distribution plans, but also the personal effects it has on somebody. 

I would also like to state that there's a reason this is the first time I've engaged with you across the 1,000+ posts I've made. Just wanted to bring awareness to your nasty attitude when posting and responding to people. I haven't once in my initial response attacked you as a person or tried to invalidate what you said. I only tried to broaden your considerations of what might cause her to act the way she does. And you go around saying stuff like "not that it's related or anything xo" like you're doing something cute. All it does is push people away from engaging with you and possibly ignore you, which might not be something you want on a discussion forum. Just a thought.

Sorry if I came across rude? I was just discussing lol... So I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm just saying it's not related, that's my opinion - you have yours, I have mine. A true artist would have made her own label (e.g Madonna) and continued doing what they love. Let's just take Daily Mail with a grain of salt. I honestly don't think I'm nasty, I see 10x worse on this website, I'm just being me, hun. Most of the time, I am not nasty and now you're trying to paint me as something I am not. I only get nasty if the other person is, I haven't been intentionally nasty right now, it's not what I'm about. Hence the "xo"'s... 

I guess I just feel strongly about an artist potentially selling out for money - with everything have at their disposal and their platform

edit: just read through my previous comments. I was nicely debating with you and putting forth my opinion and in no way was it "nasty". Sorry if you feel sensitised over it, and I apologise. There was legit nothing wrong with it. Clearly a matter of textual perception - that's just how I speak. And I ain't changing it.

Adelita
6 hours ago, Dramatica said:

Now I understand why people say that we are a bad fanbase :rip:

A girl decides to take a break from music and we start judging her ass :fatcat:

I don't care what people say about our fan base, and you should do the same :nails:

Lucas

Yeah looks like Rihanna is really over her music career then... Poor Riri fans (what is their fanbase called?) It's sad though, it shows that music was a way for her to make money, not art, although ANTi was a step in the right direction for her

StrawberryBlond

When has that album ever NOT been postponed indefinitely? I remember way back when Anti got released in January 2016, there were already claims that she was working on the next album immediately. Then we got rumours of a double album consisting of reggae/dancehall for the fans and mainstream music for the charts. In December 2018, we were even told that it was coming out in 2019. We're now in July 2020 and there's not been a word said since that announcement. When you fave says that their album could come out anytime in the next 12 months but it doesn't, you know you need to give up expecting anything from this artist.

How the tables have turned. I remember the days when I used to be sick of Rihanna because she never went away. Now she's an enigma that we wonder where she is. Sure, she probably makes more money off her make up and lingerie than she'd ever make as a singer but she was a singer first and foremost. She's been a singer for far longer than a make up mogul. We wouldn't be happy if Gaga gave up her music to be an actress, even if it netted her millions. If she doesn't want to do it anymore, no one can force her but if that's the case, she needs to stop playing around with her fans and just tell them straight up that her heart's not in it anymore. It's awful to leave your fans hanging when you know what the deal is but you just won't tell them. She'll be lucky to have any fans left if she comes back at this rate. The sad thing is, you know that if Fenty Beauty had been a flop, she would've been back to making music in a heartbeat. She's always followed the money. Part of the reason why I never cared for her. And as harsh as it is, she's extremely lucky to have made it this far with the limited musical talent that she has, so I'm kinda glad that she's realised she's used up her luck in that regard and just stick to non-music stuff from now on. Because her success always depended completely on being young and hot, I've said for the longest time that once Rihanna turned 30, she'd fall victim to ageism and her success as an artist would be done. Turns out I was right, just not in the way I thought.

17 hours ago, JohnWayne said:

I honestly forgot when her last performance was... this is sad actually cause her music got us into her, but it seems like she lost her passion about it unfortunately 

It might have been when she performed at the 2016 MTV awards, when she won the Michael Jackson Vanguard award. That was in August 2016. But I could be wrong. Her last tour date was also in August 2016.

15 hours ago, justhislife said:

Rihanna has written some of her biggest songs such as "The Monster", "FourFiveSeconds", "Sex With Me", "Bitch Better Have My Money", "Birthday Cake", "Rude Boy", and "Pon De Replay". She hasn't written every song in her discography, but neither has Gaga and just to further that point you should look at what songs Interscope acquired from her before they brought in a team to help her write too. Gaga might have credits on every song, but she was essentially handed SFA and Sour Candy, if not more tracks.

The Monster and FourFiveSeconds had no longevity, Sex With Me wasn't even a single so not remotely successful, Bitch Better Have My Money was not a major hit, neither was Birthday Cake and Pon De Replay is barely spoken about now. Rude Boy's the only example that was a bit hit, so your choice was kinda weird there. Rihanna is notorious for barely writing any songs that became hits. She didn't write anything on Good Girl Gone Bad which is her most successful album (until credits got updated, she wasn't credited on any songs on Loud either). Out of her 11 US #1 singles, she only had writing credits on 2 of them (Rude Boy and Work). And out of 13 US top ten singles, she only had writing credits on 5 of them (Hard, Cheers, FourFiveSeconds, Needed Me and Love On The Brain). Over 25 hits, she's only had writing credits on 7 of them. That's pretty bad. She really has been not much better than Britney her entire career for not being involved in her work. Almost her entire career's success has been because of other people. Gaga, on the other hand, has writing credits on every single hit that she has. You can't compare the two.

12 hours ago, pop ate my heart said:

I agree we have to be grateful Gaga at least keeps making music. But imo, the situation we're in rn is not that much better :smh: the one time we got a pop album from Gaga in 7 YEARS, we have a whole a*s pandemic, then the racists decided to f*ck it up even more the SAME DAY THE ALBUM WAS RELEASED, and now we're in total uncertianty. Gaga is missing, 0 promotion, not a mention of the album from her/the team, we're spiraling down from every chart, all the hype around ROM and the whole AMAZING album is dying, 0 transparency about the situation and, as time passes, the possibility of almost if not all her projects for the era to be scrapped is growing, and the huge potential the album has is increasingly going to waste.

I don't wish this to any fanbase :bradley:

I'd be inclined to agree but Chromatica is still doing really well, all things considered. Having a #1 single helped. If it hadn't been for ROM, we'd be majorly struggling right now. I'm sure we will get the Hard Candy music video eventually (remember that Blackpink's music will be taking a front seat right now). The album is sinking in and it will get its dues. It's easily lined up to the female album with the biggest opening week sales and overall sales of 2020. It could be so much worse.

elijahfan

She should just be honest with her fans and just flat-out say she's retiring from music. This has become ridiculous.

Archived