Rihanna’s 9th album is on hold indefinitely

Bat

Featured Posts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BenG
3 minutes ago, GipJo said:

She still has albums contract to finish tho? Is there a deadline?

She can just release a Greatest Hits album and call it a day tbh

2 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Yeah, Madonna was offered money if she would scrap Erotica but did she do that? No instead she created her own ****ing label so she made sure she could release it.

Would Gaga give that up also? Never.

Wait but what has this got to do with Madonna and Erotica? Or are you like agreeing with me?xxx

I mean, Madonna's such an amazing artist - I could never see her give up music. She knows what she wants and she makes sure she does it. Gaga's the same.

Shook Madonna was offered money wtf... by who? Her label?

Dramatica

No more Rih? Lemme go back to work chile

Treadmill Lol GIF by The BarkPost

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

1 minute ago, Rio said:

Wait but what has this got to do with Madonna and Erotica? Or are you like agreeing with me?xxx

I mean, Madonna's such an amazing artist - I could never see her give up music. She knows what she wants and she makes sure she does it. Gaga's the same.

Shook Madonna was offered money wtf... by who? Her label?

I’m agreeing with you, Rihanna is giving music up for money. But would artists like Gaga, Madonna and even Justin Bieber do that? Never

EDIT: yes, also there’s a reference in her Bedtime Stories booklet about them warning her for that album again to not put out that music, i saw that also in an interview when her producer appeared

insight

The new album could be very well dead on arrival and the interest for her new music may no longer be there

Hebi

So learn to be thankful of what we got! :grr:We could have had nothing just like them

Regina George

She was clearly in it only because of the money. Not because of her love towards music. 

Gracious Gaga

oh no I was expecting it to drop soon! 

Spoiler

staring episode 1 GIF

♥ Kindness Police.

TortureMeOnReplay
10 minutes ago, Rio said:

Music is clearly not her passion if she's giving it up for money. Can you ever imagine Gaga doing that? Like, who gives up music for money?

Tbh, I've always found Rihanna to be highly manufactured. Her music is written for the charts, and if she's passionate about beauty, she can stay there and focus on that. She's doing well at it.

You gotta think about the fact that there's more to music than releasing an album to the world. Rihanna has been doing this since she was 17 and her entire adult life has been dedicated to being a celebrity. Her 20's consisted almost exclusively of new music. She's signed to a large label, probably with huge responsibilities. It's got to be stressful, and at some point I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her passion and has hated releasing music because of the expectations by her label and her fans. Also, Music of the Sun was released just 3 years ahead of the Fame but Rihanna is on album #9 while Gaga just released #6. Though Gaga technically has C2C and ASIB, C2C was a cover album. Also, TF and TFM are EPs, while every Rihanna album consists of 11+ songs. I understand if she is just TIRED, and possibly uninspired.

Having her makeup brand probably gives her a lot more freedom than music does. 

TimisaMonster

Isn't she contractually obligated to release SOMETHING soon? Like... :awkney:

I understand she is making more from makeup and fashion but this just shows how "hollow" her music career has always felt..it was never her real passion it seems..she just wanted to make money...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

BABYL0N

I honestly forgot when her last performance was... this is sad actually cause her music got us into her, but it seems like she lost her passion about it unfortunately 

freebit

It's kind of sad how artists make so little from their music. Though, she owns her masters, right? 

24 minutes ago, Rio said:

Music is clearly not her passion if she's giving it up for money. Can you ever imagine Gaga doing that? Like, who gives up music for money?

Tbh, I've always found Rihanna to be highly manufactured. Her music is written for the charts, and if she's passionate about beauty, she can stay there and focus on that. She's doing well at it.

Yeah, she must see music as a day job. After 2012, it's apparent that she suffered burn out after putting out 1 album a year for so long. 

moonsago

But can you blame her for wanting to make money off of her well earned fame that she worked her a$$ off for over a dacade through music? No. And is she also wrong about money not being made off of music these days? No. Sales are TRAGIC these days. The fact that we were excited to MAYBE reach over 250k with Chromatica is hilarious in the most sad way. And you know whats even more hilarious and sad? That that’s a lot compared to newer artists that are supposed to be hot and young and on the wave and make more money than our fav that’s been going at it for over a dacade also. Music as a business is slowly dying and needs a reinvention ASAP. Ya’ll will hate me for bringing kpop up but unless you are a kpop idol, you are not selling. And its ridiculous how in America, the ‘biggest market’ for music, the biggest artists are struggling to sell their music while in that small country those groups sell millions in a week. Thats because streaming ruined the west, no wonder they are not rushing to switch to streaming in the east. Gone are the days when we will see musicians become millionaires as quick as Gaga’s generations did, which was the last to do so. So as much as I want a good Riri album too, all I can say is you go girl, you worked hard for so long, make that easy money now and live your best life. 

Archived