• Created
  • Last Reply
Arizona Sky

Obviously ARTPOP, the flow is just all over the place

How is Joanne getting so many votes? You may not like it but it’s very cohesive

buzzkill

Production-wise and sound-wise ARTPOP are waaaaay less cohesive than joanne

Helix

ARTPOP and Joanne but at least it felt like ARTPOP had a reason to be messy, Joanne had a more straight-forward concept but didn't exactly pull it off 

GagaEnigma

ARTPOP's production may be all over the place, but I love that album sm for what it is :giggle:

President Biden

Joanne.

At least ARTPOP has the consistent style of extreme production, electronic influence, and crazy lyrics

Joanne literally goes from Come to Mama to Dancin in Circles, which could not be more different.

I got drunk

Jose P
13 minutes ago, Arizona Sky said:

Obviously ARTPOP, the flow is just all over the place

How is Joanne getting so many votes? You may not like it but it’s very cohesive

Joanne is far from cohesive. That transition from the title track, a ballad about her late aunt to John Wayne a pop rock song about wanting a bad boy and Dancin In Circles a song about masturbation. I mean come on. The album seems to have no unifying concept, it’s supposedly an album about Joanne and her family and all that but literally just like two or three song fall into that concept. It’s a half baked effort that’s supposedly extremely intimate and personal but it’s not that personal for the most part. 

holy scheisse

Coherent is such a weird word to describe an album lol There's been a central idea to every album, I don't think any of them are not coherent .

If you mean least cohesive I'd say the fame.

And for everybody saying ARTPOP, "It could mean anything :sis:", so it was intentionally "incoherent"

IWantYourLove

ARTPOP was very consistent in it’s general sound, as it was experimental and expressive, whereas I feel like Joanne’s songs were not the most alike - tell me how, for example, JW sounds like it’d be on an album with SP out of context :cryga: IMO the songs on Joanne aren’t the most alike tbh. The songs on ARTPOP at least sound like they all fit together because there’s a similar overall sound, not necessarily an overall complete genre :trollga:

NFRatwell

ARTPOP’s lack of cohesiveness is its cohesiveness. It’s supposed to be... an enigma of an album :bear:

Joanne though just sounds weird together. John Wayne and DIC sounds too polished and produced compared to the rest of the album, DIC and Perfect Illusion make no sense sonically in the album, and Come To Mama also sounds like it doesn’t belong sonically either, at least not without JAD on the standard edition. 

No one’s lying by not voting for Chromatica :vegas:

Noir

I love ARTPOP but it sticks out like a sore thumb in terms of cohesion, especially compared to her other albums.

Although it's still my favourite Gaga album, it mustn't be ARTPOP. It's a tough listen. It just feels the least cohesive for some reason, even though the genres/music all piece together well and make up my favourite body of Gaga work. It's quite a disjunct album - but I guess that's because of it's crazy EDM sound.

25 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Coherent is such a weird word to describe an album lol There's been a central idea to every album, I don't think any of them are not coherent .

If you mean least cohesive I'd say the fame.

And for everybody saying ARTPOP, "It could mean anything :sis:", so it was intentionally "incoherent"

Honestly, I felt The Fame was INCREDIBLY cohesive in sound. Musically, lyrically and sonically. It's a simply great pop album.

Archived