💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why can't we criticise Gaga or her team?

Lifeline

Featured Posts

Lifeline

So I realised my last thread about why she's not promoting her album got closed. Why can we not be critical of her work or her career when we as fans have devoted so much of our time making her a star? 

For example: Sorry but I'm not going to sit here and say Stupid Love is a good music video when almost everything about it is underwhelming (especially compared to her past work). You have Kpop artists like Blackpink bringing the visuals of a music video to another level. Even STFU by Rina Sawayama with a tiny budget made a more interesting music video. The fact is Gaga just does not care about the quality of her output as much as she used to. 

Is it wrong for us fans to ask for something better? Especially if we've spent money buying merch or signed albums and the products are in terrible quality? The ambitious Lady Gaga when she first started would NEVER allow what's happening with Chromatica right now. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
President Biden

Oppression!!

:shadow: used to be the wrath of Haroon

I got drunk

VasilisVas

We can’t criticize because we are fans and it’s not our career. If Gaga wants to make music and not promote it, it’s her business, not ours. It would be nice to see some promo, but Gaga has been in the business for over a decade now and maybe she’s tired and doesn’t care anymore. Besides, with the fiasco the pandemic and the protesting, Gaga would rather use her voice to help be part of a change the world needs. We cannot control her career. There’s a reason we are just her fans and not her promotional team. Lots of us in here talk like we know how things work but at the end of the day we don’t know sh!t. 

Bonkers

Because why?  What does it help?  If Gaga doesn't want to live according to the validation she gets from charts, or success, or whatever it is you think they're dropping the ball on, maybe it's time for everyone who wants that validation to give up on it. 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Gracious Gaga
4 minutes ago, Lifeline said:

Is it wrong for us fans to ask for something better? Especially if we've spent money buying merch or signed albums and the products are in terrible quality? The ambitious Lady Gaga when she first started would NEVER allow what's happening with Chromatica right now. 

That was 11 years ago though.  She’s grown up.  And most of her fans have too.  Gaga has a life outside of her career, just like every human does. Work life balance.  She has a life, we should too :selena:

♥ Kindness Police.

Pennywise

The way y'all try to say that we cannot criticize her is kinda scary. Nobody, and I mean no one on earth, is above criticism. She chose to be in the public eye, which opens her up to public criticism as well. Nothing you say can change that fact. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Reality

Okay...but you thinking that the SL video isn't good is subjective. Look, I don't personally think it's that great of a video either, but that's still just an opinion. You're stating it as if it's a fact.

Also, can we stop this "Why aren't we allowed to do 'x,' 'y,' and 'z'?" thing? I don't know what went on in the previous thread, but maybe it was closed for a valid reason? I have a lot of opinions, we all have a lot of opinions, and most of us can express them in a way that doesn't result in getting threads closed or warning points thrown at our faces. 

This "I cAn'T ExPrEsS mY OpInIoN" argument is a bunch of BS, tbh. People only care about "being able to express their opinions" when it's their opinions that are being criticized. Y'all don't care when it's someone else's opinion you disagree with :ladyhaha:

🃏🖤👹

FfFfFfFF

We can, respectifully and within certain limits.

Questions like these reminds me of Gaga haters that hate when people come after them after bashing Gaga.

steven

I get where you're going, sometimes I feel like criticism is not welcomed on here for many reasons and that's tragic. 

AlexanderMagno

You know that thread about "what conversation is GGD not ready for?"? Well, that's one :huntyga:

Lifeline
Just now, VasilisVas said:

We can’t criticize because we are fans and it’s not our career. If Gaga wants to make music and not promote it, it’s her business, not ours. It would be nice to see some promo, but Gaga has been in the business for over a decade now and maybe she’s tired and doesn’t care anymore. Besides, with the fiasco the pandemic and the protesting, Gaga would rather use her voice to help be part of a change the world needs. We cannot control her career. There’s a reason we are just her fans and not her promotional team. Lots of us in here talk like we know how things work but at the end of the day we don’t know sh!t. 

That's a fair perspective. She needs to be aware though that having such an attitude to her career will damage the loyalty of her fans. I used to be a die hard fan who would buy and stream her music and follow her every trail and now I'm getting tired. Why should I stan an artist who would rather sit on her laurels than an artist like Blackpink or Rina who are ambitious and putting effort into everything they commit themselves to? Let's not be mistaken. Gaga still cares about commercial success otherwise she wouldn't collaborate with Ariana and BP who are arguably the two biggest female artists in the world right now. She needs to realise that having such apathy will mean her fans won't be waiting in the future like they're doing now. I'm on the borderline of that. 

5 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

This. 

I would have have been more annoyed in my response but you said it perfectly. 

Head Empty

You're allowed to. Especially if it's constructive criticism. But when it's simply complaining, it won't do you or anyone else any good. Plus it can ruin the experience for those who are fans of whatever it is you're complaining about.

So it's not that complaining isn't allowed, it's just that people on a fansite would generally rather focus on the positives and celebrate the artist.

But as I said, there's always a place for constructive criticism. But read the room first :laughga:

2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Okay...but you thinking that the SL video isn't good is subjective.

Exactly. Many love the video. 

I love it. Simply because some may not doesn't mean she is required to do something better. She has an entire videography. There's something for everyone. 

paradox

it's very difficult to have an open discussion about gaga that even alludes to criticism because a lot of members get personally offended by it, i've noticed

• Admin locked this topic

Archived