💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Your favorite songs to hear live

Head Empty

Is there a difference for you?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a big difference between your live vs. studio favorites?

• My favorites are exactly the same
    • My favorites are more or less the same
    • It's about 50/50
    • My favorites are pretty different
    • My favorites are completely different

Featured Posts

Head Empty

Gaga brings such different energy to songs when she performs them live. And I just now realized: my favorite songs to see her perform live are completely different than my favorite songs on the album. My live favorites are generally the songs where she can be really raw and aggressive in her vocals, whereas I prefer more stylized songs on the album itself. See both my top 10s below :sis:.

How about yours? Is there a big difference in your live vs. studio favorites?

tumblr_pboknpfdOy1vuabaao4_r1_500.gifv

Live favorites:

Spoiler

1. Teeth
2. Scheisse *
3. Speechless (The Monster Ball version)
4. The Edge of Glory *
5. You and I (The Monster Ball version)
6. Born This Way
7. Bad Romance *
8. Marry The Night
9. John Wayne
10. Brown Eyes

* = The only songs that are also in my top 10 studio tracks

Studio favorites (excluding Chromatica):

Spoiler

1. Bad Romance
2. Scheisse
3. Heavy Metal Lover
4. ARTPOP
5. Venus
6. Mary Jane Holland
7. The Edge of Glory
8. Dope
9. Dance in the Dark
10. Summerboy

MANiCURE 6

All her piano versions... :firega:

Million Reasons, Born This Way, Poker Face, Bad Romance, You And I etc

Head Empty

Just to be clear, the poll isn't meant to compare them to my favorites, but to compare your own studio vs. live favorites :sis:

LoLaA

I think it’s pretty the same for me

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

They get even better. ARTPOP in particular gets elevated a million times. The vocals and 'hee hee' of it all – I am not worthy. NOT. :fatcat:

ShesAMess

”My favorites are more or less the same”

i think there is only Scheiße and Marry the Night which are not in my studio favorites but would be included to live favorites 

@Why am I on GGD how is ARTPOP in your studio favorites but not in live favorites :wtfga:  I always thought it was 10000x better when performed live

Free my mind, ARTPOP

Head Empty
2 minutes ago, Yennefer Stark said:

They get even better. ARTPOP in particular gets elevated a million times. The vocals and 'hee hee' of it all – I am not worthy. NOT. :fatcat:

Funnily enough ARTPOP becomes less enjoyable for me when I hear it live :laughga:. I love the intricacies and electronic details that it has on the album, and I feel like it gets lost when sung live. Although songs like MANiCURE and GUY do profit a lot from the extra rock vibe that they get :rockstar:

4d4fb13ce3a01dd9d42f6d8d5020f7cba25be361

Creyk

I don't really like MTN but the acoustic version is absolutely stunning.

Also Dance In The Dark live is just beautiful. Her vocals really shine on that song because she sings it with emotion and slightly slower.

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, ShesAMess said:

@Why am I on GGD how is ARTPOP in your studio favorites but not in live favorites :wtfga:  I always thought it was 10000x better when performed live

See my post above :sis:

But now that you mention it, her performance of ARTPOP at iTunes festival is one of my all-time favorite performances by her :laughga:. It would probably be my #11 on my list :oops:

KatieJudasGaga4

I prefer when she sings Speechless live 1000x better. I wish she/her label sticked with the demo version tbh

I also really love You and I live much better!

Most of the songs on ARTPOP, specially Swine, Dope, Gypsy, Aura, ARTPOP, and Applause. I also dont like Million Reasons as a song but I always enjoy it when she sings it live.

ShesAMess
36 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

See my post above :sis:

But now that you mention it, her performance of ARTPOP at iTunes festival is one of my all-time favorite performances by her :laughga:. It would probably be my #11 on my list :oops:

Okay I saw it and I kinda get what you mean.... I just never got over that they didn’t properly include the hee-hees in the studio version :bradley:

The itunes festival is my favorite too and I really hope she would sing it live one day again... probably never gonna happen tho :bear:

Free my mind, ARTPOP

ChromaticRaccoon

My favourites are pretty much the same. 

Speechless is my favourite song, both studio and live. 
Speechless' live performances are rivalled by her live performances of Paparazzi tho

I LOVE the way she sing's Paparazzi live. The deeper vocals, how theatrical she is, it's perfect. 

Dope and Hair are two more of my favourites, both are incredible live and studio 

The ballad versions of Perfect Illusion, Applause and Bad Romance are just :firega:

Honestly I could just go on and on about how much her live performances rock :kiss:

Archived