• Created
  • Last Reply
franminervini
53 minutes ago, Zak said:

The Fame- position 175/ 233 woc

ASIB- position 180/ 109 woc

Chromatica- position 185/ 38 woc :fail:

that's soooo bad f*** we need a streaming party :saladga: 

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!

franminervini

The Fame: 120 weeks at #1 /// 362 weeks on chart

Chromatica: 34 weeks at #1 /// 38 weeks on chart

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!

Harry Kat
1 hour ago, franminervini said:

I'd say the opposite! :billie: The fact that the album is still charting is a miracle! :lolly:

The era ended last August with one single performance for the whole era ,and the album is still on the top 200. Nothing to be ashamed about.

The 911  video was a nice bonus but thats it. ROM carried the whole era on its own.

5 hours ago, franminervini said:

Yeah we need to do one ASAP. Why is she charting this low with a #1 song. 

Harry Kat
17 minutes ago, Zak said:

Yeah we need to do one ASAP. Why is she charting this low with a #1 song. 

You obviously don't know how charts work! What does a #1 song have to do with the album's chart run? Rain On Me hit the #1 spot almost 9 months ago :billie: The only way to keep the album charting for many many months is promo! Something that Chromatica didn't have! So, the fact that the album is still charting is a miracle! 

30 minutes ago, Harry Kat said:

You obviously don't know how charts work! What does a #1 song have to do with the album's chart run? Rain On Me hit the #1 spot almost 9 months ago :billie: The only way to keep the album charting for many many months is promo! Something that Chromatica didn't have! So, the fact that the album is still charting is a miracle! 

I do lmao. She’s literally charting below albums that are 5,6,7 years old. Singles are supposed to carry an album. It shouldn’t be this low. 

JustTea
52 minutes ago, Zak said:

I do lmao. She’s literally charting below albums that are 5,6,7 years old. Singles are supposed to carry an album. It shouldn’t be this low. 

Then you should realize that Chromatica had only 2 singles, with 5 it would chart much higher... Same with ARTPOP. :madge:

1 hour ago, Zak said:

The Fame and ASIB are charting higher than LG6 because the total overall streams of their singles are surpassing Chromatica, and all have excellent recurrent streaming numbers in the US.

Chromatica only had ROM  (that left the hot 100 ages ago) , and is slightly losing steams right now, with Spotify updates below 1m (Stupid Love didnt do much for the album in the US). The Fame (Monster) is supported by 7 singles and ASIB is supporting by the monster single known as 'Shallow' (and incredible streams for ARUTW for a non-single. Considering the situation we are in right now (aka a dead era since last September) , It makes total sense that both albums are charting above Chromatica.

I personally think its great that Gaga casually has 3 albums in the top 200 without releasing new music for almost a year.

The streaming success, and interest for her music, is real :applause:

ConnorFilm
2 hours ago, Freddy said:

The Fame and ASIB are charting higher than LG6 because the total overall streams of their singles are surpassing Chromatica, and all have excellent recurrent streaming numbers in the US.

Chromatica only had ROM  (that left the hot 100 ages ago) , and is slightly losing steams right now, with Spotify updates below 1m (Stupid Love didnt do much for the album in the US). The Fame (Monster) is supported by 7 singles and ASIB is supporting by the monster single known as 'Shallow' (and incredible streams for ARUTW for a non-single. Considering the situation we are in right now (aka a dead era since last September) , It makes total sense that both albums are charting above Chromatica.

While Stupid Love lasted about as long as a Grindr hookup on the charts, I am happy to see the song at 230.5M streams on Spotify. It's doable for the song to hit 300M the long run. I remember some users saying SL would struggle to hit 200M-plus on Spotify in its first year.

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Harry Kat
3 hours ago, Zak said:

We have many 5,6,7,10 years old albums that are charting higher not only than Chromatica but other recent albums too. And this is because of their bigger singles streams! The Fame (Monster) has 7 singles, ASIB has Shallow and ARUTW and even INLA! Chromatica has only ROM carrying the whole album since SL was front loaded! One single can't carry the whole era for ever! 

16 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

While Stupid Love lasted about as long as a Grindr hookup on the charts, I am happy to see the song at 230.5M streams on Spotify. It's doable for the song to hit 300M the long run. I remember some users saying SL would struggle to hit 200M-plus on Spotify in its first year.

Indeed, Stupid Love surpassed my own expectations. It also did quite well in Canada/UK, and might end up being a solo platinum top 5 hit there. We've seen worse :applause:

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived