NZ: 35k

Poland: 25k

Norway: 30k

Spain: 30k

Portugal: 10k

UK: 750K

US: 1700k

= 3 million

So I guess 4 million WW SPS is a safe bet.

Slovakialop
46 minutes ago, n1kos said:

At least we have good news for ROM! 

A hit! 

It's sad that this mega-smach bop featuring one of the biggest pop femele stars couldn't even surpass Million Reasons becouse of the lack of promo :toofunny:

20 minutes ago, Slovakialop said:

It's sad that this mega-smach bop featuring one of the biggest pop femele stars couldn't even surpass Million Reasons becouse of the lack of promo :toofunny:

Well, to be fair...

Million Reasons needed 3.5 years to be certified 3x Platinum. Rain On Me is still moving quite a few thousand copies every week and is less than 6 months old. There are high chances it might get to 3x Platinum in the long run or at least get close to MR's units.

I don't think people realise how much the industry has shifted over the past four years and how much digital sales still mattered back in 2016/2017 compared to nowadays.

Million Reasons has sold close to 1,3 million digital copies (40% of its SPS come from digital sales only). 

Rain On Me, on the other hand has sold about 200k digital copies (12% of its SPS come from digital sales). 

Unfortunately, streaming numbers haven't yet caught up on digital sales and the proof is everywhere to be seen. Massive hits like ''Dont Start Now'' are barely 3x Platinum because of their poor digital sales, a year after their releases, because streaming numbers can't get high enough to secure large certifications.

Back in the days of digital sales and even during the times MR was released (when even moderate hits still managed to sell 1M+ copies), the huge smashed would easily got 6-7x  Platinum, while nowadays this seems much less achievable, especially in a short time.

FFXIV WhiteMage
25 minutes ago, n1kos said:

Out after 5 months! 

I hope she makes a comeback in the top 10 once promo resumes/ she release a new WW single :enigma:

28 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

I hope she makes a comeback in the top 10 once promo resumes/ she release a new WW single :enigma:

All she needs to do is perform something at the EMAs and she’ll nearly be back at top 5 :ally: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

MANiCURE1295
4 hours ago, n1kos said:

Out after 5 months! 

I think we’ll get another ROM boost thanks to Ariana’s album..maybe can get back into the top 10 on Saturdays update/the next couple of days depending on how things hold

Mirrion Rizzons

Random fact but Rain On Me is Gaga's longest charting UK album single since The Edge Of Glory, back in '11. (Applause did 20 weeks) 

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived