💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

JustJames

Rain On Me is NOT a lock for a Grammy. The ASIB era HAS spoiled expectations in many regards, and Grammys are one. Gaga won 5 / 11 career Grammys in the last 2 years; she's only won 6 from her studio album eras spanning 2009-2018. While 11 Grammys is a great achievement, and 5 in 2 yrs is amazing, the Academy had the chance to give her a General Field Grammy, and despite being the *heavy* favorite for SOTY+ROTY in '19 for Shallow / AOTY nom in '20 for ASIB, she won 0. Other Grammy 'favs' with a history of close calls typically get 1-2 tossed their way; Beyonce, for ex, has 1 GF (SOTY 2010; Single Ladies).

This era has no compelling narrative. Again, had debut #s been indicative of future success, Chromatica could've had a strong campaign on its commercial sales amidst the CV/BLM disruptions (+ pure sales collapse); Rain On Me had a shot with its professionally shot MV, emotional back-story, sales, and the rarity of 2 powerhouses successfully coming together on a TRUE collab. But, in a year with so much political messaging / breakthroughs in Pop like Harry Styles and Dua Lipa who remained relevant and in the spotlight, Chromatica is not happening in the GF.

1) Best Pop Vocal Album and 2) Best Pop Perf. (D/G) noms are safe; BPVA should've been hers, but I think she's fallen behind Fine Line, Future Nostalgia, and maybe Hollywood's Bleeding which had 1-3 standouts with months-long impact. '20 has been the year of collabs/features + big debuts, and ROM could've distanced itself with a strong Top 5 residency & memorable performances. But, in addition to the Shallow snubs, if Bad Romance was forgotten in 2010 for ROTY/SOTY and Telephone lost despite ft. Beyonce, I don't think ROM / Ariana Grande (1 Grammy) is undeniable.

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM
1. Future Nostalgia
2. Fine Line
3. Chromatica
4. Hollywood's Bleeding
5. Manic
ALTS: Romance, Changes, Rare, Sawayama

BEST POP PERF. (D/G)
1. Rain On Me
2. Intentions
3. Memories
4 - 5: My Oh My, Level of Concern, I'm Ready, Fall On Me, If The World Was Ending

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtpopAct2
1 minute ago, JustJames said:

Rain On Me is NOT a lock for a Grammy. The ASIB era HAS spoiled expectations in many regards, and Grammys are one. Gaga won 5 / 11 career Grammys in the last 2 years; she's only won 6 from her studio album eras spanning 2009-2018. While 11 Grammys is a great achievement, and 5 in 2 yrs is amazing, the Academy had the chance to give her a General Field Grammy, and despite being the *heavy* favorite for SOTY+ROTY in '19 for Shallow / AOTY nom in '20 for ASIB, she won 0. Other Grammy 'favs' with a history of close calls typically get 1-2 tossed their way; Beyonce, for ex, has 1 GF (SOTY 2010; Single Ladies).

This era has no compelling narrative. Again, had debut #s been indicative of future success, Chromatica could've had a strong campaign on its commercial sales amidst the CV/BLM disruptions (+ pure sales collapse); Rain On Me had a shot with its professionally shot MV, emotional back-story, sales, and the rarity of 2 powerhouses successfully coming together on a TRUE collab. But, in a year with so much political messaging / breakthroughs in Pop like Harry Styles and Dua Lipa who remained relevant and in the spotlight, Chromatica is not happening in the GF.

1) Best Pop Vocal Album and 2) Best Pop Perf. (D/G) noms are safe; BPVA should've been hers, but I think she's fallen behind Fine Line, Future Nostalgia, and maybe Hollywood's Bleeding which had 1-3 standouts with months-long impact. '20 has been the year of collabs/features + big debuts, and ROM could've distanced itself with a strong Top 5 residency & memorable performances. But, in addition to the Shallow snubs, if Bad Romance was forgotten in 2010 for ROTY/SOTY and Telephone lost despite ft. Beyonce, I don't think ROM / Ariana Grande (1 Grammy) is undeniable.

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM
1. Future Nostalgia
2. Fine Line
3. Chromatica
4. Hollywood's Bleeding
5. Manic
ALTS: Romance, Changes, Rare, Sawayama

BEST POP PERF. (D/G)
1. Rain On Me
2. Intentions
3. Memories
4 - 5: My Oh My, Level of Concern, I'm Ready, Fall On Me, If The World Was Ending

The vocal album sh*t p*sses me off. I feel like they don’t judge actual vocals like the category implies. If they did, Gaga absolutely obliterates Dua and Harry

Admin
4 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

The vocal album sh*t p*sses me off. I feel like they don’t judge actual vocals like the category implies. If they did, Gaga absolutely obliterates Dua and Harry

"Vocal" means that it's an album with vocals, as opposed to an instrumental album. They don't judge vocals.

Admin
4 hours ago, Bloody said:

I don't know if Interscope is responsible for Blackpink on Spotify playlists

but a 9-10-15 run on TTH is really not fair for the streams they are still pulling

Isn't TTH a US playlist? They aren't even Top 50 in the US.

FRANZGA
1 minute ago, Admin said:

Isn't TTH a US playlist? They aren't even Top 50 in the US.

Exactly.. makes me wonder why Dua Lipa has a Residency in TTH's upper region :billie:

Admin
1 minute ago, FRANZGA said:

Exactly.. makes me wonder why Dua Lipa has a Residency in TTH's upper region :billie:

She just had the biggest female single of the year, there's nothing to be surprised about.

FRANZGA
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

She just had the biggest female single of the year, there's nothing to be surprised about.

Ari also had 7 Rings but buwyg,ib never stayed on top of tth that long.. or Liar by Camila after Havana.. or evrything i wanted by Billie after bad guy

Admin
Just now, FRANZGA said:

Ari also had 7 Rings but buwyg,ib never stayed on top of tth that long.. or Liar by Camila after Havana.. or evrything i wanted by Billie after bad guy

Terrible examples, because Break Up wasn't even a pushed as a single, it was just dropped with the album when 7 rings was just getting started. Havana and Liar are from two different albums, and Liar was still the cover of TTH, and at one point she had 3 songs featured in the top 20:

Dua Lipa has the biggest female album of the year on streaming, don't be bitter.

Gustavo

I don't think is over, the album and the song can both return to the top 10, also, Rain On Me still growing on pop radio which is very good if we look the performance of her last singles.

Also, according with hdd we should get

#7. Hot AC Radio (=) 

#9. Pop Radio (+1)

#16. AC Radio (+5)

This week and seeing how Hot 100 is going now, if we get +100m Al (which we can easily do when the power rotation starts) we will stay at least more 5/6 weeks on the top 10. 

Justin Bieber's "Intentions" chart run even with poor streaming numbers:

#11 - #9 - #11 - #10 - #10 - #8 - #8 - #8 - #9 - #9 - #8 - #9 - #10 - #11 - #9 - #9 - #8 - #5 - #7 - #5 - # 7

If we stay at least between #8-#12 until August will be very nice, so, calm down!

La Rosalia

@Admin @FRANZGA

The answer for this doesn’t lie on Spotify being biased towards Dua or that she BMH is a smash (it’s doing great though) but it has more to do with label relations.

Warner Music doesn’t have many A list singers and, as of now, a very few of them are active. Bruno, Ed Sheeran, Cardi B, etc. don’t have music out.

The record labels fight for having the biggest market share so now, Warner’s only option is to push their biggest artist (Dua Lipa in this case) and since Spotify has to help Warner “equally” they have kept Dua on top. Why the same doesn’t happen with Gaga? Because unlike Warner, Universal has many A Lists and/or viral smash hits on their hands, so those artists are more transitory in the playlist.

Thanks to this smaller catalogue; it is possible for Ava Max to be in TTH as well. Maybe an artist from Sony or Universal with similar numbers wouldn’t be featured there, but since for Warner she is at the moment one of the best performing ones, she’s there. That’s how playlisting works. 

La Rosalia

Obviously they take into consideration other factors such as % of streams from the users library vs total streams, skip rate within the playlist, listener retention WoW, etc, but on a great scheme, ^ that’s the answer.

Admin

@La Rosalia Not to disagree with what you said, but I was just generally commenting on this whole “Dua Lipa is being unfairly pushed” narrative. “Don’t Start Now” was such a behemoth smash that it shouldn’t be surprising that she’s all over Spotify.

La Rosalia
Just now, Admin said:

@La Rosalia Not to disagree with what you said, but I was just generally commenting on this whole “Dua Lipa is being unfairly pushed” narrative. “Don’t Start Now” was such a behemoth smash that it shouldn’t be surprising that she’s all over Spotify.

It’s a combination of both things. The placement is justified by her performance, it’s stationary placement based on Warner’s pitching priorities.

In the end, TTH was just a small fraction of DSN’s success. Does it help being on top? Definitely, but that song had an outstanding lean forward consumption that, TTH or not, would have smashed either way.

kmoment

Stupid question....so what is the position of ROM in BB 100 this week? seems like I missed sth

emig09
1 minute ago, kmoment said:

Stupid question....so what is the position of ROM in BB 100 this week? seems like I missed sth

We don't know yet but not top 10 nor #11

gay engineer

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived