Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K.Rowling Liked A Tweet Comparing Hormone Prescription To Antidepressants

RAMROD

Featured Posts

MANiCURE 6
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

No I didn’t mean it like that.. I was mostly talking about people being like “I will burn my HP collection.” I mean she already got that money and you burning it won’t change that.

This. Say it louder sis.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StuckInMyMind

I kinda have to agree with the antidepressants being “lazy”, I’ve suffered depression for many years however, I’ve never seeked treatment for it, I kinda just pushed through and found my happy place without needing to resort to drugs. I absolutely understand some people may need it as their only resort but I do think; the mind is a powerful thing and you can overcome most things organically without drugs. So to an extent on that part of what she’s saying, I do agree with some of what she’s saying

Interlude

JKR and her yes people are reaching new heights with their delusion. Imagine agreeing with this nonsense.

victoria beckham eye roll GIF

3 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Inaction never, ever helps. The blame is solely on the transphobes themselves, not on any of us. To say otherwise is akin to gaslighting, and I won't stand for it. We don't owe transphobes/homophobes civility. We do not owe them humanity. We do not owe them anything as long as they "disagree" with our fundamental human rights. 

This is so spot on. Thank you for writing this :hug: 

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

14 hours ago, M Monstre said:

She literally can do anything with her time, and she decides to do this **** :saladga:

Ikr?

Is any one else getting a vibe that something went down with one of her kids (or someone similarly close)? 

Like, to go off so publicly and incessantly, about such ignorant views but feel offended and indignant when pushed back, smacks of the energy of someone who has been shunned by those closest to them over it. Now they just desperately shout outward looking for validation.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

InstantDejavu

Can we cancel her and thre Harry Potter saga already? This is disguisting. I've lost my respect for her.

Pennywise
3 hours ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

I kinda have to agree with the antidepressants being “lazy”, I’ve suffered depression for many years however, I’ve never seeked treatment for it, I kinda just pushed through and found my happy place without needing to resort to drugs. I absolutely understand some people may need it as their only resort but I do think; the mind is a powerful thing and you can overcome most things organically without drugs. So to an extent on that part of what she’s saying, I do agree with some of what she’s saying

This is a very, very dangerous way of thinking. Many people who NEED medicine are discouraged from seeking help because of this exact thought. I mean, I understand where you're coming from. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I have been battling with both for the last 12 years or so, and I wish I got help back when I still was a child. Not getting the help I needed WHEN I needed cost me my childhood, and now I am so done with life, and that I know myself so well, I don't even take psychiatrists seriously anymore. This, however, doesn't mean that people shouldn't get help. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Cameltoe Chariot
4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Inaction never, ever helps. The blame is solely on the transphobes themselves, not on any of us. To say otherwise is akin to gaslighting, and I won't stand for it. We don't owe transphobes/homophobes civility. We do not owe them humanity. We do not owe them anything as long as they "disagree" with our fundamental human rights. 

That's fair, but Rowling has made it clear that her stance on trans rights is influenced by fear and the trauma she experienced from physical and sexual violence. Don't you think having countless so-called "activists" tweeting "Choke on my fat trans c*ck you TERF c*nt! 💕" kind of reinforces this fear?

People are literally responding to her (absolutely incorrect) fear that sexual predators will gain access to women through loopholes in trans-inclusive spaces with violent sexual threats. :saladga:

Pennywise
4 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

That's fair, but Rowling has made it clear that her stance on trans rights is influenced by fear and the trauma she experienced from physical and sexual violence. Don't you think having countless so-called "activists" tweeting "Choke on my fat trans c*ck you TERF c*nt! 💕" kind of reinforces this fear?

People are literally responding to her (absolutely incorrect) fear that sexual predators will gain access to women through loopholes in trans-inclusive spaces with violent sexual threats. :saladga:

Threats of sexual violence is never okay in ANY context ever. However, the fact that there are idiotic people on the internet do not make her right in any way. Those people are also not the majority, and trying to make them seem like that will probably not work. 

Cameltoe Chariot
3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Threats of sexual violence is never okay in ANY context ever. However, the fact that there are idiotic people on the internet do not make her right in any way. Those people are also not the majority, and trying to make them seem like that will probably not work. 

I agree - I just think that we should be calling out our own when they weaponize sexual violence like that, because all it does is reinforce the idea that the LGBTQ+ community are nothing but emotionally unstable sexual deviants.

Rowling is a 54 white cis straight mother. She's clearly very active on social media and obviously reading most of the tweets she gets. Hundreds of these violent sexual threats are readily available online with a quick search on google or twitter. I don't agree with her views and I don't think she should be excused or coddled for her statements - but I also think our generations inability to advocate for minorities and educate the uneducated is really holding us back. All we're doing is "proving her right", and when we don't actively condemn this crap from our side we're letting it slide.

This was grabbed from a google search (the image is hosted by the very TERFy AfterEllen, which I don't agree with either but this was a great compilation of the types of tweets I saw flood Rowling's replies):

large-148173-image1

Pennywise

@CameltoeKween
I know we shouldn't police what people perceive as a "threat", but do we really count "suck ****" as a threat? Really? I kinda think this is reaching a bit, sorry. When you talk about sexual threats, I think saying "suck ****" is a sexual threat really cheapens the word. She put out statement after statement bashing trans people, and you expect kindness in return? I thought there were worse threats to be honest, "suck ****" ain't it. 

dit

I don';t know if she is doing this to be provocative or if she genuinely whole heartedly believes this messy narrative :saladga:

idk what ot think of her anymore...a shame.

brucee

there a so many ****ing issues.

this lady is useless as hell ... I doubt she can make a change though.. 

Makes me wanna listen to this

hello hello baby.

McYves

Please call me when y'all stop talking about this irrelevant bitch. This forum is so obsessed with assholes sometimes.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Miel

I'm just... SO surprised nobody in her, like, agency or professional circle has simply BARRED her from going on Twitter?

Like, she's already made pretty egregious statements in the past, yet somehow it just keeps getting worse and worse.

3 points in and ready for more

StuckInMyMind
7 hours ago, Pennywise said:

This is a very, very dangerous way of thinking. Many people who NEED medicine are discouraged from seeking help because of this exact thought. I mean, I understand where you're coming from. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I have been battling with both for the last 12 years or so, and I wish I got help back when I still was a child. Not getting the help I needed WHEN I needed cost me my childhood, and now I am so done with life, and that I know myself so well, I don't even take psychiatrists seriously anymore. This, however, doesn't mean that people shouldn't get help. 

I’m not saying people shouldn’t get help if they need it, I’m just saying I understand to a degree what she means

Archived