💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling: Being trans is conversion therapy for gays

Supersonic

Featured Posts

ladygagafan1234
2 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Imagine being rich, famous, and critically acclaimed. Then feeling compelled to be messy about a sensitive issue you know nothing about. 

Obviously being rich and famous doesn't prevent you speaking your mind on issues you feel strongly about. What is that logic? I don't think she cares if you stop reading Goblet of Fire.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Saying that "being trans is a made-up state that needs to be talked out of" is different from saying that "transitioning should be done with the utmost care, only for those who are formally diagnosed." Whatever her intentions behind posting this, it is true that there has been a growing amount of children who have been put on hormones by adults, supported by doctors, merely because they were displaying opposite sex tendencies. Fact is that a lot of children do this and it's something they grow out of, so they have to be assessed to see if they really are trans or not. I have heard accounts from people who said they started transitioning as a child and regretted it as they progressed when they realised they weren't actually trans at all. It's not a myth, this is real. It's pretty backward for us to think that thinking or acting in any ways that go against your traditional gender role must automatically mean that you're trans. The LGBT community need to work on breaking down this belief that resisting your traditional gender role set down by society is automatically indicative of being trans. You'd be amazed at the amount of girls there are who grew up tomboys and even said they wanted to be a boy. Most of them either grow up in women who remain tomboys or they grow out of it entirely and embrace femininity. The majority of us go through a tomboy phase because we see boys having more fun than us and we want to escape the restriction of being female. Then we get older and see you can be however you want regardless of your sex. Yes, you may be trans, but at that young age, you could just as easily still be trying to work out who you are. A lot of kids don't even really know what's going on down there at a young age, anyway, or how they feel about it. I just knew I was born the way I was, I didn't know if I was comfortable with it or not, it was just all I'd ever known. Being trans is so incredibly rare, so we can't just put every child who doesn't fit into a narrow box into the trans category. Statistically, it's unlikely it's affecting this many children. The same goes for all these other gender identities. Multiple children in a class are now claiming to be non-binary, something they had no idea about until recently. That tells me that kids are quick to pick up on new buzzwords but not understand the true weight of them because there is no way such a rare state should be this common.

Disturbingly, there are parents out there who were disappointed with their child's sex and made up for it by raising their child as the opposite sex or trying to convince their child that they're trans, even against their wishes. Some trans parents have also been encouraging their children to consider that they might be trans as well. In cases like this, it's about the parent, not the child, which is where it becomes dangerous territory. I'm all in favour of accepting that there are trans children but they need to transition slowly. Hormones are not to be messed with when you're still going through puberty and still working out who you are. Kids change their minds about things on the daily, why should views towards their gender identity and how they present themselves be any different?

1 hour ago, thefamebitch said:

Anyone find it very... odd and fitting that she was largely silent about BLM, yet she has been tweeting non-stop for months about trans women. It’s almost as if JK thinks trans women EXISTING are a bigger threat to humanity than the lives of POC at the mercy of vicious/ racist police?? :yennefer:

Maybe she doesn't have any more to say on the race topic? Someone can speak about a topic as much or as little as they want to, there is no obligation to talk about things that you feel you can't contribute much to. If all you can say is "I support BLM," what's the point in just repeating what everyone else is saying? We should talk about the things that we feel we can bring a lot of original thought to and just because one issue is the main hot button one doesn't mean there's other things that shouldn't be spoken about at the same time.

Little Fighter

It is very, very hard for minors to get hormones wherever they are. There are many, many, many, many, many appointments with therapists, psychologists, counselors, and doctors you must go to. Hormones are the last things given the minors and young adults. Many places to do not allow hormones until after you go through several surgeries and go to court change your gender marker. She obviously does not know anything about this subject. Doctors do not hand out hormones easily. There are more younger people taking hormones than before because trans and nonbinary people finally have access and acceptance. There are many, many, many steps you have to take to prove that you are actually trans in the medical world. Doctors will not prescribe hormones unless you are diagnosed with gender identity disorder and that diagnosis takes a long time to get. Even if you know you are trans many doctors will put their personal opinions over how you identify. I hate her so much. I wish she would stop speaking about trans people. She is so stupid and has not done her research and does not know anything about it. Also, children are NOT put on hormones until after puberty age or early adulthood. Some are put on puberty blockers to stop secondary sex characteristics from becoming too pronounced. There are NO KNOWN NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS of puberty blockers. They are completely reversible. If you stop taking them you will begin the puberty process most likely in less than a year. 

<3 Little Fighter = Gaga & Xtina stan <3

StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, Little Fighter said:

It is very, very hard for minors to get hormones wherever they are. There are many, many, many, many, many appointments with therapists, psychologists, counselors, and doctors you must go to. Hormones are the last things given the minors and young adults. Many places to do not allow hormones until after you go through several surgeries and go to court change your gender marker. She obviously does not know anything about this subject. Doctors do not hand out hormones easily. There are more younger people taking hormones than before because trans and nonbinary people finally have access and acceptance. There are many, many, many steps you have to take to prove that you are actually trans in the medical world. Doctors will not prescribe hormones unless you are diagnosed with gender identity disorder and that diagnosis takes a long time to get. Even if you know you are trans many doctors will put their personal opinions over how you identify. I hate her so much. I wish she would stop speaking about trans people. She is so stupid and has not done her research and does not know anything about it.

I've heard many stories from de-transitioners who were easily given hormones from a young age. It seems to be a lot easier than I initially thought. It seems that more and more doctors must be taking people's word for it because the number who regret it all shortly afterwards is shocking and it mystifies me how they could all be formally diagnosed yet the doctors are getting it wrong so many times. It's not the rule but it happens way too often and I think it needs to be looked into how exactly  these life-altering diagnoses and drugs are handed out. Everyone who's having gender identity issues deserves therapy and understanding but I'd really like to see what how these doctors are diagnosing patients to determine why so many regret later.

RahrahWitch

She's acting like parents bring a child who's acting outside the societal gender norms to a doctor and automatically just get handed hormones. That's not how it works at all, I wish she'd spend less time ranting on twitter and educate herself, I'm sure there's plenty of doctors and scientists who would love to chat the facts.

If a child wants to transition the process is on them, no doctor forces their hand. It isn't until puberty starts that they are put on blockers first, all this does is put puberty on pause. After that It's usually around the age of 16 they start Hormone treatment. I'd also like to point out that de-trasition is rare at 0-5%.

I get the overall worry she has a life altering decision that has to be made at a young age is going to have faults in some places and should be worked trough thoroughly but she's blowing it way out of proportion.

Yxilon

I dont think she's transphobic I just think she said something stupid about a topic she's not familiar with and then after realizing the mess she made she's trying hard to justify her words further worsening her situation.

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

GagaSine
8 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

I dont think she's transphobic I just think she said something stupid about a topic she's not familiar with and then after realizing the mess she made she's trying hard to justify her words further worsening her situation.

It doesn’t matter what her intentions are. “She’s not trying to be transphobic” but she is repeating transphobic talking points, associating with transphobes & transphobic organizations/publications, and spreading transphobic misinformation. She might as well be actively transphobic. 

If it walks like a duck and swims like a duck and talks like a duck then...

elijahfan
3 hours ago, Axl Jax said:

I dont know too much about the process but many people believe this. Not that all trans people are confused gays (obviously) but that kids who are just gay are going through this who will regret it later on. I dont know much about the process myself but when I was a kid from ages 5 to 10 I was always dressing up as a girl and would say my name is danielle and that i didnt wanna be a boy shsjdjjahdjajjsgh

The road to understanding oneself is a complex one... Of course most of us are born in a binary way (I see you, intersex people), but gender is a psychological construct tightly intertwined with one's sexuality. These are complex matters that should be discussed peacefully because we literally know very little about them or the way they work. What is also true is transitioning shouldn't be taken lightly, or forced upon anyone. I believe what JK is clumsily trying to do is basically protect young vulnerable people's interests, namely gay children and girls (she's donated to children's protection charities for decades, especially institutionalized children, so that's not out of character for her to try to protect the youth against a powerful system).

I have to say I wasn't aware of most studies she's talking about, or about how those issues are handled in the UK - a close member of my family did transition some years ago and it was a carefully monitored process, so I'm a bit surprised and appalled to see how things seem to have changed and I'm definitely willing to be having a conversation if this is the way transitions are being handled now. But that's not possible if everyone's just trying to twist her words and make her out to be the villain. I mean, it's not her fault if people dislike the evidence she's showing them, and it would probably be more constructive to have a conversation and show her other studies that might complement or invalidate what she's saying. But of course, it's easier to cancel someone on the internet without even trying to understand where they're coming from. She's not trying to erase trans people or their legitimacy, she's trying to denounce a system that even I, who's been personally touched by the subject, knew very little about.

raragaga

btch shut the fck up already and write another overrated book about wizards or some sht

xoxo

JevyDuty
7 hours ago, Yxilon said:

She's gone on and on about it... she's transphobic by action. Let's not find excuses for her ongoing attacks and ignorant statements. She should stay her lane and mind her damn business.

Shutting up is a great start for her.

BetterImpeccableGlobefish-size_restricte

Spyro

At heart I don't think she's a transphobic, but at the very minimum she's a moron idiot who needs her phone taken away.

edit: nm.  I'll illegally download her stuff from now on. :yennefer:

Spyro the Dragon

NotDoctor

Let's start spreading the rumor that she's secretly a Christopher Columbus statue and maybe someone will push her into the ocean 

Gagaloo911

She's deranged and sick. 

Someone needs to take her phone away and delete Tweetar

CautiousLurker

To people saying 'she's not transphobic, just misguided'... yeano, she's absolutely a thransphobe - this is not an isolated incident, her assertions are baseless, there are plenty of resources out there breaking down the views she platforms and endorses... She's not an idiot - she knows what she's saying... 

SHALLOW

I don’t get why she keeps trying to have an opinion on something she clearly doesn’t know about. She’s so ridicolous. Just accept that you’re wrong, apologize and never talk about that stuff ever again.

Archived