I still hate it :vegas:

Thought that I'd update y'all 

Kind regards

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bobbylon

:messga:Because she’ her mother’s sister, her father’s brother:messga:

to me there are pretty much three reasons why i dont really give a damn about the song.

1. The Sound

• the song is basically heavily influenced by Rap and Hip-Hop music and Gaga is known for doing Dance Pop music. i love Pop music but i dont really like Rap that much. so since the song sounds more towards Hip-Hop, it doesnt really capture my interest.

2. The Collaboration

• she has 3 male rappers featured on the song that i've NEVER been a fan of (especially T.I. and Too $hort). i dont think they really give anything to the song, Twista did his thing though tbh, so he's an exception. but i do feel like the song could've been solid if she collaborated with female rappers instead (i.e. Nicki Minaj, Angel Haze, Missy Elliott). it would've been like an empowering moment. and Gaga barely even sung on the track, so thats already a problem.

3. The Album

• the album itself, ARTPOP, is mainly Techno Dance Electro Pop, so sonically it doesnt really belong on ARTPOP. whenever i listen to the record and the song starts playing i just skip it because it just ruins the flow and slows down the journey, it just feels like a filler imo

i dont have any problems with people who like the song, if its your favorite thats fine with me. but i just dont really care for it.

Mrbirthday

Hey y'all!

So I have been there, like most have said. They weren't a fan of it when they heard it. In the beginning, I found it to be a skip. But as I kept listening to ARTPOP, I realized how much I actually liked it. Now I go to ARTPOP specifically to listen to it. ARTPOP was an experimental album and even in the titular track, "ARTPOP" it can mean ANYTHING. Therefore, I saw this track as a piece of work. Something that GaGa wanted to try and expand her talents at different genres. For me, I feel as though she didn't just make this track to just, "do it". We have seen videos and interviews on how she takes her roles, her craftsmanship, and uses her talents to always expand and grow as an artist. We have seen that when she made a pop-country-ish album with Joanne, her jazz work with Tony, soundtrack work in ASIB, and even metal with Metallica (which I'm still waiting on their collab again and or a rock album). So I feel as though she came at this song with an idea and she worked hard to make a trap-like record that she would be proud of making. I felt as though it wasn't just made and then someone handed it to her to sing. She helped create it. I can appreciate the song because of that. I appreciate how much work she probably put into the song. Also I watched Swinefest recently and she even said to the audience she doesn't want to be put in a box. She wants to try all different kinds of music because she like all kinds of music. Therefore, we should allow her that space to grow as an artist to try different genres. But, I can understand if it's not people's cup of tea, but I feel as though we shouldn't bash it or try to delete it. I think this song has merit and it shows that GaGa is a multifaceted artists who is not bound to one genre or type of style of music. 

Lastly, I like this song too because I love to bop to it and the switch ups in it are CRAZY!! DJ White Shadow and the team did that!!

Take care Little Monsters! :pawsup:

S0436

Maybe because many fans are prejudiced against rap and hip hop and those artists 

NotDoctor

I can't believe no one has mentioned the beginning of the Swinefest performance of this JND.  The UK blocked T.I. from entering so as the song started, Gaga had to yell out before the first verse:

"From across the pond, T.I.! They wouldn't let him into the country, poor thing!"

Purely iconic and I'll fight anyone who doesn't agree 

Hebi

It's not about the rappers, it sounds noisy and messy and it was a bad addition to ARTPOP

Archived