💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Fame to The Fame Monster

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

When Lady Gaga introduced us with Just Dance, Poker Face and as well The Fame; expecting Bad Romance from her wasn't in our imagination. So a question to Veteran little monsters, how did you adjust with the transition from The Fame to The Fame Monster?  How the fan-base reacted the transformation, and what did you expect from her? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blastertoyo

Probably something more adjacent to ARTPOP :enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Blastertoyo said:

Probably something more adjacent to ARTPOP :enigma:

I didn't quite understand, ARTPOP came after Born This Way. I'm asking about that particular time in 2009, how the transition was received by her fans. 

When the demo leaked I was underwhelmed. Many people thought it was too similar to Poker Face. But as soon as the original song and the video came out everyone was on board.

Blastertoyo
9 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

and what did you expect from her? 

1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

I didn't quite understand, ARTPOP came after Born This Way. I'm asking about that particular time in 2009, how the transition was received by her fans. 

Blastertoyo
Just now, Brecht said:

When the demo leaked I was underwhelmed. Many people thought it was too similar to Poker Face. But as soon as the original song and the video came out everyone was on board.

:enigma: fixed

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Blastertoyo said:

Sorry, still can't understand you. 

Dramatica

We weren't shook back then, I remember I was on Popjustice and people were really impressed by the sound when BR leaked. It was still aligned with The Fame (it was that hot cousin of The Fame).

I also remember some fans underwhelmed by the verses (not the gheys but the song verses :yennefer:)

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

gagafanobvi
10 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

When Lady Gaga introduced us with Just Dance, Poker Face and as well The Fame; expecting Bad Romance from her wasn't in our imagination. So a question to Veteran little monsters, how did you adjust with the transition from The Fame to The Fame Monster?  How the fan-base reacted the transformation, and what did you expect from her? 

the videos for lovegame and paparazzi were a good transition to her fame monster era

Anveeroy
3 minutes ago, Brecht said:

The demo was something else.. lol 

Adelita

Surely it was one of the greatest impacts on pop music, literally no artist had the courage to become a freak on their 2nd album, everyone keep the same appearance and aesthetics, as well as the sound, different from Gaga who repaginated everything and with just one year of career already seemed to be a totally different artist.

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Dramatica said:

We weren't shook back then, I remember I was on Popjustice and people were really impressed by the sound when BR leaked. It was still aligned with The Fame (it was that hot cousin of The Fame).

I also remember some fans underwhelmed by the verses (not the gheys but the song verses :yennefer:)

It's safe to say, the video made more impact than the song? 

Anveeroy
2 minutes ago, gagafanobvi said:

the videos for lovegame and paparazzi were a good transition to her fame monster era

Subtle hint, maybe. 

PSYCHOSHTICK

I remember it as something very exciting. The demo for Bad Romance leaked I believe in the late summer (or early fall, I remember it being a beautiful sunny day) of that year on Limewire. 
She was teasing the monster theme months prior the release of Bad Romance (with tweets, wearing fangs, etc) so we were kind of expecting something in that theme.

Also, since the Paparazzi video/era was already dark the transition to an ever darker era was very exciting and new. It all started with the VMA’s, from that moment on we knew history was written and whatever was coming next would be legendary. And then it happend: Bad Romance and The Fame Monster.

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Adelita said:

Surely it was one of the greatest impacts on pop music, literally no artist had the courage to become a freak on their 2nd album, everyone keep the same appearance and aesthetics, as well as the sound, different from Gaga who repaginated everything and with just one year of career already seemed to be a totally different artist.

I have witnessed people had meltdown about changing looks and Gaga was continuously transforming. VMA performance was the moment of revealing Gaga's new persona. 

Archived