Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Fame to The Fame Monster

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Massive Monster

My reaction to the Bad Romance demo was "I don't know what to make of this, it sounds very minimalistic".

It sounded so different from ANYTHING I had heard. It felt experimental, dark, not made for radio.

The official track completely slayed me because it had this warehouse like echo and elephant size stomping beat. It felt like a stadium anthem. Which make it sound much more layered and gigantic.

As some have pointed out, the VMA Paparazzi performance was a perfect transition and that happened in September 2009 (Bad Romance was October). Paparazzi itself is sonically dark and the performance gave us a visual idea of things to come (creapy white costumes/sets and more darkness). 

Kind regards

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galvon

I remember a lot of people whining about how her look changed. She went from tanned lavender blonde barbie to pale bony freak, within maybe a month. They said she got uglier, and because she looked so different, people even then assumed she had work done on her face. We all know now it was just different use of makeup. Back then everything was new, so people were like what happend. Now we are like 'oh so for this era her hair is pink?' eh.

Twitter
2 hours ago, Aarghya said:

When Lady Gaga introduced us with Just Dance, Poker Face and as well The Fame; expecting Bad Romance from her wasn't in our imagination. So a question to Veteran little monsters, how did you adjust with the transition from The Fame to The Fame Monster?  How the fan-base reacted the transformation, and what did you expect from her? 

I been a fan since The Fame and will admit this was the smoothest transition for Gaga in terms of music and albums.

With me it was kinda difficult because Paparazzi is the song that cemented me liking Gaga and the era was rather short lived and interupted by Bad Romance. Also I expected Gaga to do more R&B pop sounds (which explains her direction with unreleased songs) but she went with a dark European pop sound which was cool too. 

Anveeroy
6 hours ago, Twitter said:

I been a fan since The Fame and will admit this was the smoothest transition for Gaga in terms of music and albums.

With me it was kinda difficult because Paparazzi is the song that cemented me liking Gaga and the era was rather short lived and interupted by Bad Romance. Also I expected Gaga to do more R&B pop sounds (which explains her direction with unreleased songs) but she went with a dark European pop sound which was cool too. 

R&B sound to European Pop, interesting!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy
6 hours ago, Galvon said:

I remember a lot of people whining about how her look changed. She went from tanned lavender blonde barbie to pale bony freak, within maybe a month. They said she got uglier, and because she looked so different, people even then assumed she had work done on her face. We all know now it was just different use of makeup. Back then everything was, so people were like what happend. Now we are like 'oh so for this era her hair is pink?' eh.

Yeah, that's why still people say - omg that's lady gaga without makeup!! 

Anveeroy
8 hours ago, LadyGoo said:

I remember people were confused because Paparazzi was only increasing on the radio charts still when she released Bad Romance :huntyga: Paparazzi had a lot of life left in it

ROM over SC tease

Midnightrush891
8 hours ago, Brecht said:

When the demo leaked I was underwhelmed. Many people thought it was too similar to Poker Face. But as soon as the original song and the video came out everyone was on board.

That’s how it was for me as well. The video really brought the song to life! 

Animal Claws

I remember when the BR demo leaked and the whole world was talking about it. I was 6 yo but I have some vague memories.

I still remember watching the video back then.

Leoj305

It was weird. I recall people liking the Alejandro demo more because it was more techno pop. Bad romance was so different when it came out. 

When TFM came out I was underwhelmed because she went a diff direction compared to TF. Where she had instant dance pop smashes, she had some weird sounds and pretty innovative music for the pop world w TFM. Which I got used to after a while, and then she continued the trend with Born This Way. 

boyerased
7 hours ago, Galvon said:

I remember a lot of people whining about how her look changed. She went from tanned lavender blonde barbie to pale bony freak, within maybe a month. They said she got uglier, and because she looked so different, people even then assumed she had work done on her face. We all know now it was just different use of makeup. Back then everything was, so people were like what happend. Now we are like 'oh so for this era her hair is pink?' eh.

That’s still my favorite Gaga look tbh. The pale, vampy early TFM minimalist look.

bluemonkey
2 hours ago, Kimihiro said:

That’s still my favorite Gaga look tbh. The pale, vampy early TFM minimalist look.

Probably why I had no problems with the transition. She wore less costume-y clothes and more like dark glamour as she started wearing more designer creations so the looks are more refined.

Archived