💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Shawn Mendes being homophobic

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

“In the back of my heart, I feel like I need to go be seen with someone — like a girl — in public, to prove to people that I’m not gay,” he said. “Even though in my heart I know that it’s not a bad thing.

“There’s still a piece of me that thinks that. And I hate that side of me.”

https://www.iheartradio.ca/news/shawn-mendes-opens-up-about-sexuality-drugs-1.8581981

Let’s cancel him:vegas:

Rolodex of Hate

Nah that's not really homophobic though, it's just cut there were so many gay rumours about him, of course you're going to want to defend who you really are 

We have no legal choice but to stan

Lighter
5 minutes ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

Nah that's not really homophobic though, it's just cut there were so many gay rumours about him, of course you're going to want to defend who you really are 

I hate that part of me (being homophobic)

AndiGaga

Thats not homophobic

That is fear of the opinion of society

That made him sad, its societys fault

Economy

The only slightly homophobic thing he said is "there's still a piece of me that thinks that"

But that sounds just like negative social bias hes engraned and he acknowledges it and is trying not to think that way

I wouldn't truly call this homophobic. More like a low-key social bias a part of him ascribed to

If the word "homophobic" gets thrown around too loosely with a really low threshold it starts to loose its meaning for true homophobia

Frankly the same thing I see with the word racist for situations where it's more lack a failure to understand something or someone that needs to be educated to understand a specific racial issue

Rolodex of Hate
Just now, Lighter said:

I hate that part of me (being homophobic)

He hated the part of him that felt he needed to be seen with a girlfriend to prove he's not gay - he's not homophobic, he even feels ashamed that he feels the need to prove he's not gay, but due to the media constantly questioning his sexuality, this is understandable? 

Why do we always feel the need to 'cancel' people? Even if they were wrong in the past (which he wasn't in this case), if they didn't cause serious harm can't we forgive and move on?

We have no legal choice but to stan

Florian

What's homophobic ? :huh:

For half his life he's been called something he's not. And even if he is that's none of our business. Unfortunatelly this toxic behaviour has forced him to try to prove he's straight. That's how bad it has become for him and that's sad. Nobody should have to do that. Be it a straight, gay, bi, closeted, whatsoever

Agunimon

Some of you really are quick to call things that definitely aren't homophobic, racist, etc. 

• Jase locked this topic

Archived