💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What went wrong with...

COOOK

Featured Posts

COOOK

Is it because of that annoying and tingling instrumental on loop? The lack of chemistry from the divas?
The try-hard energy that emanates from this to make it the next Bang Bang, possibly reaching for Lady Marmalade status?
Is it because Ariana felt overexposed (at that time she was releasing quite frequently), or just the song's not it?

GaGaAst

the hype was huge but they delivered **** collab. literally **** 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Emerald

The song was horrid, especially Lana's part which didn't fit at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall.

𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭

Creyk

It is just a very bad song and it is a problem that 70% of it is Ariana when she is the least interesting artist on the track. It also doesn't help that it sounds exactly the same as the 4000 songs she released prior to this.

Born in Chromatica

Ariana Grande was overexposed, Miley was, well, Miley and Lana hasn't done well in a number of years. Still, the song did better than the movie :ohwell:.

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

FfFfFfFF

Lana Del Rey had a tolerable part in the song. The song is bad in pretty much every other aspect. :bear:

xoxo Craig

It sounds like a Thank U Next reject, the theme of it felt very childish for the franchise, and Lana Del Rey just does not fit on this song. Getting Lana on was like mixing oil and water... her part was like a different song altogether.

End Racism Now

Helxig

I think it comes across that they just wrote their parts separately and sent them in to be produced, and didn't really create something cohesive. You can tell when is song is just written for the sake of writing a song, and not to get across some kind of message :shrug:  

Also I feel like the instrumental doesn't go anywhere, so it just falls a bit flat.  Also Miley and Lana's verses are so different that they each feel like a bridge or something which makes the song feel weird...

It's not a bad song though, just not what we were expecting with those three massive names attached  to it! A bit generic.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Yxilon

The song was not a total flop in europe but the soundtrack... was a massive flop everywhere :enigma:

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

intotherosegarden

It was an ambitious collab given the different vocal styles and musical styles of the artists but it didnt mesh at all. I felt like their parts were all in their own style rather than finding a style they could all fit on and vibe with. It was tacked together.

Helxig
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

I think it comes across that they just wrote their parts separately and sent them in to be produce, and didn't really create something cohesive. You can tell when is song is just written for the sake of writing a song, and not to get across some kind of message :shrug:

Also I feel like the instrumental doesn't go anywhere, so it just falls a bit flat.  Also Miley and Lana's verses are so different that they each feel like a bridge or something which makes the song feel weird...

Also I feel like the instrumental doesn't go anywhere, so it just falls a bit flat. 

It's not a bad song though, just not what we were expecting with those three massive names attached  to it! A bit generic.

And actually lets use Rain On Me as the comparison! ROM was put together with Ariana and Gaga in the same room, bonding over the music, writing something with purpose, and you can feel the passion they put into creating something special. Their parts work really well together, it sounds like one song, the are lots of creative and interesting ways they work together e.g. taking turns singing, harmonising, improvising runs over each other, the way Gaga took the high harmony was amazing. It's innovative and interesting the whole way through, you can feel both Gaga's and Ariana's stamp on the song. And on top of that, the instrumental is interesting and has a good flow to it.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

GovernmentHooker

Boring chorus. An example of the fact that having an Ariana on a song even with all TUN hype doesn't mean ****.

The main reason why ROM did well is because it's a good song.

Archived