💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Remembering your first time listening to Gaga's songs

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

From the ones I can remember:

PAPARAZZI - My dad had parked the car at a gas station in like July 2009 to refill the car with petrol and while he was doing that the radio host on capital fm says "and now, the new one from Lady Gaga - Paparazzi". My 7 year old dumbass really thought she was singing about pepperoni:ladyhaha: I remember thinking it sounded so different to Just dance and poker face and I pretended to hate it and so did my brother. However after a few more listens it became my favourite song of that year:heart:

BAD ROMANCE - My sister (she was 12) RAN into my room as I was about to sleep freaking out and goes "OMG lady gaga has a new song! it's so weird she's like RA RA OO LA LA" and we watched the music video together. I was SO SHOOK. Although, the bathtub eyes scared me a bit - coming to think about it, that's the only time I was 'afraid' of her. 

mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:685234?quality=

ALEJANDRO - My uncle was driving us and we past our local Waitrose (I have a very specific memory lmao) and It must've been like May or June 2010 and I didn't even realise it was her until after the song finished and they announced the song title and artist. I thought it was very different for her and was instantly hooked. But for some reason the song made me think her voice had suddenly gotten deeper since the likes of JD, telephone and paparazzi, even though her voice was exactly the same :billie:

BORN THIS WAY/JUDAS - On separate occasions but similar to bad romance. Sister barged into my room and we watched the videos together. I didn't care too much for BTW until I became a Stan in 2016. I heard it on the radio here and there and thought it was a bop but that's it. Judas was an EXPERIENCE to hear on the radio/the music video. 

MARRY THE NIGHT - I first heard it when she performed it on the X factor and I was more concerned over her headless outfit and the fact that I thought she got a new face every time I saw her lmao

APPLAUSE - I was 11 at the time. I was about to leave my house to go see my cousins and it was no. 1 trending so I listened to the audio and thought it sounded stupid . It wasn't until a week or two later I re-listened and became OBSESSED. It was a guilty pleasure though, I didn't tell anyone that I liked it :ally:

Perfect illusion was my first time listening to a song of hers the exact day it came out and as a proper Stan. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Salvador Sequea

I remember that the Alejandro MV scared me a bit the first time I watched it :huntyga:

Mirrion Rizzons
Just now, Salvador Sequea said:

I remember that the Alejandro MV scared me a bit the first time I watched it :huntyga:

that video played on heavy rotation on the music channel when I was on holiday in Greece and 8 year old me didn't know what to think :ladyhaha: However, California gurls would also play a lot so I was more distracted by Katy naked on the cloud:billie:

Poker Face in my mom’s car at the Gas Station! :firega:

Chromatica Island

I remember listening to Just dance and Poker face on the school bus in middle school and  I didn't know who she was and thought it was 2 different people singing :billie:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

1 minute ago, Monsterabriel said:

I remember listening to Just dance and Poker face on the school bus in middle school and  I didn't know who she was and thought it was 2 different people singing :billie:

She sounded so different on ALL the singles from The Fame, even the promo ones :billie:

julz

Working on a night shift, there was a time i was thinking about quitting my job because the shift was not really easy for me. I cant sleep during the day, and work stress makes it worse. Then i heard 'Marry the Night' :laughga: .. and it was a sine from above :tony:

Gracious Gaga

I'll never forget the iconic bad romance demo leak. and then Alejandro demo leak too.

I remember born this way too! and applause. and perfect illusion. good times :) 

♄ Kindness Police.

ObezyankaNol

Paparazzi on MTV's Los 10 mĂĄs pedidos, it was a show similar to TRL. I was 12 years old and I said: "i hate this bitch" :dom:, two weeks later i became a fan :vegas:

ĐĐ” ĐČĐ”Ń€ŃŒ, ĐœĐ” Đ±ĐŸĐčся, ĐœĐ” ĐżŃ€ĐŸŃĐž

KennyRichie

I listen occasionally to Poker Face and Alejandro, I like the videos but that was it. When I heard Judas on the radio I just became a Stan, I search for the artist and when I found out it was Gaga... well here we are.

GipJo

Remember the days when "Oh My Gaga" was THE PHRASE? Yeah, so I googled (baidued) this and found Poker Face, what a song:diane:

just realizing now that this was supposed to be first time to specific songs but heres an entire book for yall to read LMFAO

2009 : 

I remember watching Paparazzi mv with my mom at the computer desk in the office.. i was about 4/5 and i was intrigued enough to have her replay it.. the paparazzi mv is the only outstanding mv memory from this time.

2010-2012 :

I remember sitting on my bedroom floor and playing with toys (matchbox and hotwheels cars.. legos? typical small child toys ig lol)  with the radio playing and hearing her songs on the radio as i played.. not gaga related but i remember liking  i like it by Enrique Iglesias? lol

I remember hearing TEOG on the way home from a doctors appointment.

I remember hearing BTW and Judas on car rides, too.

2013-2015 :

Alright so now we're entering the realm where I have more memories..

So I remember being obsessed with Bloody Mary in 2013.. Like super obsessed.. I remember listening to it when I would play on the computer.

When ARTPOP came out I also remember being obsessed with applause and such lol

I guess around this time was when I sorta forgot about her because radio wouldnt play her songs anymore.. how sad..

Around late 2015 I became OBSESSED with Madonna lol

2016-2017 :

So in 2016 I remember riding past a gas station and Million Reasons came on.. I remember my mom enjoying it however I did NOT. To me it didn't sound like Gaga at all and I didn't like how it wasnt like her previous work. I think the first thing I did was listen to MDNA or Like A Prayer lol..

Superbowl Night. I was upset that my mom made me stay up to watch the Superbowl as punishment for pulling an all nighter the night before. She said it was to prevent me from falling asleep and waking up at 1 am BUT it was more like a punishment for me lol.. anyways she said Gaga would be doing the half time show and I wasn't thrilled.. I was still OBSESSED with madonna at this time. Anyways I remember enjoying the superbowl because she performed her past hits but i was still iffy because i noticed how much she had changed  in terms of her voice and face.. yeah ikr?? Anyways I now think Gaga's superbowl is the best one to date.

2018-2019 :

So Freshman year.. quite literally a year of hell imo..I was bored with Madonna because for three years straight I literally listened to every single album of hers every day that her music just had no more life to me. I started getting into Lana Del Rey but I wanted more pop.. On a sudden random whim one day I decided to listen to Poker Face again. And then that day I decided to listen to her other hits pre-joanne.. few months later and I guess you could say I was gaga obsessed again.. By late 2018 I finally loved her again! I remember being on twitter and desperately reloading my TL to catch videos or HQ livestreams from Enigma, but being dissapointed because I couldnt find anything good.. it was that night that I decided to watch The Fame Ball.. then the monster ball..

2019 rolls around and im OBSESSED with her like I was obsessed with madonna in 2015. That June I signed up to GGD as "RahRahBicth". 

nathantj594

I didn’t have a smartphone in 2011 until Christmas so I remember TEOG came out and then I was at school and I was scrolling away on my Pantech Link about it being released and I got home and listened to it (on iTunes on my computer) for the first time and just sobbing. It’s the best song ever. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

GaGaAst
2 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I thought she got a new face every time I saw her

this was me till 2014. She would change her face so many times I had difficulty recognizing her face everytime.

OT: I heard poker face in Karate Kid and I was like - WTF is this. So catchy so good 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

ELECTROHEART

Just Dance/Poker Face: my cousin gave my sister a usb memory full of music and there came Just Dance and Poker Face, my sister send all the music from the USB to the pc and I was about 10 years old so I liked playing playing GTA San Andreas with music from user, so that's how I heard them, but I remember being obsessed with I Kissed a Girl and Hot n 'Cold :flower: so I skipped JD and PF :enigma: then I saw the music videos on Telehit (a music TV channel from my country) and I said: "ew lady caca :triggered:" I watched and I loved them :diane: she shut my mouth.

LoveGame/Paparazzi/Bad Romance: It was 2009 and I remember to watch MTV and Telehit like all day so I became obsessed with the LoveGame mv and then the Paparazzi one there was where I said "I love this puta :diane:" also that was the time when all people said she was a man and I thought "anyways he/she is beautiful" and then I remember the Bad Romance music video premiered in MTV by the days of Día de Muertos 2009 and my sister had an event in her high school so she was putting make up and we were watching MTV... we had a cultural reset I was shook all that night, I was like "...her mind :enigma:" and before watching this video I said "omg she actually looks like a man in some scenes and Idk why I love it :laughga:" and I decided to stan this bitsh.

Telephone/Alejandro: I also watched them in Telehit or MTV i don't remember, with Telephone and I through "Why is she singing with Beyonce, I hate Beyonce... but Gaga looks so sexy omg" and I loved it anyways and with Alejandro I was shook again, you know a music video with an almost-bald super skinny woman making erotic movements with a bunch of sexy mens with mohican haircut in high heels, and then eating a rosary obviously will left shock an 11yo gay potentially twink :chica: and the only thing that I hated was her haircut, I throught that all her past looks was her natural hair I didn't knew that wigs existed :awkney:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Archived