Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Remembering your first time listening to Gaga's songs

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mean Winchester

I hit my puberty watching LoveGame video for the first time.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

Paparazzi: My cousin introduced me to Gaga in 2010, and I heard the song for the first time while watching the video, I became a huge fan.

Born This Way: I heard the song on the radio and didn’t even know Gaga had released it, I knew it was her voice though. 

Judas: I used to think that if I listened to this song I would be sent to hell. But it’s in my top 10 now.

I remember already having the lyrics to Born This Way memorized. I think I was a freshman and waited up til like 3am on a school night in the living room for it to premier. Had my headphones on and this eerie mashup played right before it, I remember being like omg did I just get bamboozled?!? I neeeeeded to hear it, and when Born This Way came on after. I was sooo blown away. My teenage self bopped so hard that night. 

Found it for anyone interested 

Frey as in free b*tch baby

Massive Monster

The first one I heard in 2008 was Just Dance.

I thought it sounded generic :oops:

Then came Poker Face. They were being played at student parties I attended (I was doing a degree). I heard people talking about Gaga also I'm sure.

I only started paying attention and became an obsessed fan when I saw her live performances online and the VMA 2009 Paparazzi one sealed the deal for me. From that moment I never was the same. 

Kind regards

KubaM316

So....

Bad Romance

My mom introduced me to Lady Gaga (she probably just heard it on the radio). I remember it was in november 2009. I still remember watching the video like 20 times every day and geting really excited when they played it on the radio.

Poker Face

I heard thus song for the first time in 2014:huntyga: when I was watching Your Face Sounds Familliar and someone had to perform this song.

Alejandro

Like Poker Face - I heard it for the first time while watching Your Face Sounds Familliar but it was in 2015.

Just Dance/Born This Way/Applause/John Wayne

I heard all of them for the first time when I was playing Just Dance 2017 and it was 2018. I remember being shocked when the 4th Just Dance verse started:huntyga:(I didn't expect it to have more than 3 verses:huntyga:)

Every other Gaga single and promotional single

I've discovered all of them when I was watching Lady Gaga Music Evolution, The Evolution Of Gaga Flashmob and Joanne Dancemob. I'm not sure but I think it was in 2017 and 2018.

99% of Gaga non-singles

I heard all of them in 2018 when I've discovered AJayII YouTube channel:huntyga:

ElectricDevotion

I remember lovegame being on the radio on the way home from primary school and my mum saying dad didn’t want us to listen to it haha, then later at my friend’s computer googling “lady Gaga hermaphrodite.” I got TFM on my iPod shuffle and remember pining to Summerboy and I accidentally left the album playing out loud in the kitchen and my mum yelled at me when So Happy I Could Die played. :ladyhaha: Later, when we had cable tv my brother would call me over every time the Telephone video was on, and I used to try to pause the tv to see the “recipe” for the poison... Marry The Night was the first music video I remember counting down to - telling my little monster friends that it would be out by the time we got home from school! There are so many more memories and associations I hold very dear :messga:

The one I can remember most was the first time I heard Applause, it was in August 2013 I think? I was on vacation with friends in Spain. Nowadays I can use my data on my phone everywhere in Europe without extra costs, but back then you couldn’t. So we went to this place to grab a drink and I logged in onto their WiFi. All of a sudden I saw tweets that Applause was leaked (if I remember it well?), so I got very excited and told my friends that there was finally a new Gaga song. They obviously didn’t care :selena:. They actually wanted to leave the place pretty soon again, but I protested since the place had WiFi and I HAD to listen to Applause. So we stayed a bit longer :ally:. That’s when I first heard the song. I didn’t love it at first, but I did like it. In the end it definitely grew on me. 

Poltergeist

Just Dance 

The oldest memory is hearing Just Dance for the very first time. We we're on a school trip in mountains, and my friend had the beginning of the song on ringtone, I straightaway asked the song's name to listen to it in a few days when we're back home - I didn't have internet on my phone back then. The day later teachers have prepared a disco for us, and that's when I've heard the song fully. And the day when I started thinking of music as something more than just nice sounds to pass time with :vegas:

Poker Face

This one's stupid af, I saw my dad watching the music video and I thought it was a polish singer Maryla Rodowicz ( who was over 60 back then :laughga:) JUST BECAUSE OF HER FRINGE :bradley:

ccc0c417f449229e42af2be787b6.jpeg

TFM videos

I remember that I was still in primary school during The Fame Monster era. I've met my best friend, and he loved Gaga too! Telephone and Alejandro premieres were both in the middle of the week, about an hour after we were finishing lessons, so we were running home asap to not miss them, and spending time on polish version of gagadaily counting the last minutes, that was amazing!

Born This Way

BTW was premiered when I was visiting my friend (my first crush :messga:), and when mom came to pick me up and I got into the car it just finished playing on the radio and I've heard the speaker saying how amazing it was, I never got out of the car so fast as back then to listen to it at home!

Aura's Demo

It was the first time I ever went to the seaside alone (about 300kms from my hometown), my friend has found a place for me to sleep for free. His parents owned a guesthouse, and were absent at the time, so he offered me to sleep in the unfinished room of it - it was basically a big concrete room with my matress :laughga: the wi-fi router was there though, so I've had the best connection! :tony: And on my 2nd day I woke up and that's where Gaga's leak happened. I've turned the song on and was like the f is this, then the chorus came in and I've had one of the biggest chills in my life. I was later going to visit my crush, I had to take a bus which drove around 1.5hrs, and all the way there and back I was listening to Aura. Every single day.

Swinefest

It was the evening before my first day of highschool! I think that's my favorite Gaga memory, so many new songs at once, her looks - Aphrodite is still my favorite, that wig is everything, how hypnotized I was during ARTPOP, how I cried during I wanna be with you, and how disappointed I was when she sang Applause because I know it means that's the end of the show

Perfect Illusion

I just moved to the seaside to start the university, but it was still summer. The premiere was in the morning, I think it was 5AM, so I've decided to stay up all night waiting. I was bored so I got on grindr, started talking with a guy, it came out that he was staying up until morning too as his roomate was out in the club and forgot the keys, and since he was living pretty close I've invited him over. I thought we were having a pretty good time getting to know each other, we even decided to visit the zoo next week and meet again, but when he left he texted me something like 'You're such a ***, I thought we were going to ****' :wtfga: An hour later the song premiered and I really didn't like it at first. Then I went to sleep leaving it playing on my phone until a woke up, and I started enjoying in then!

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

Mirrion Rizzons
8 hours ago, monster said:

just realizing now that this was supposed to be first time to specific songs but heres an entire book for yall to read LMFAO

I remember watching Paparazzi mv with my mom at the computer desk in the office.. i was about 4/5 and i was intrigued enough to have her replay it.. the paparazzi mv is the only outstanding mv memory from this time.

2010-2012 :

I remember sitting on my bedroom floor and playing with toys (matchbox and hotwheels cars.. legos? typical small child toys ig lol)  with the radio playing and hearing her songs on the radio as i played.. not gaga related but i remember liking  i like it by Enrique Iglesias? lol

I remember hearing TEOG on the way home from a doctors appointment.

I remember hearing BTW and Judas on car rides, too.

2013-2015 :

Alright so now we're entering the realm where I have more memories..

So I remember being obsessed with Bloody Mary in 2013.. Like super obsessed.. I remember listening to it when I would play on the computer.

When ARTPOP came out I also remember being obsessed with applause and such lol

I guess around this time was when I sorta forgot about her because radio wouldnt play her songs anymore.. how sad..

Around late 2015 I became OBSESSED with Madonna lol

2016-2017 :

So in 2016 I remember riding past a gas station and Million Reasons came on.. I remember my mom enjoying it however I did NOT. To me it didn't sound like Gaga at all and I didn't like how it wasnt like her previous work. I think the first thing I did was listen to MDNA or Like A Prayer lol..

Superbowl Night. I was upset that my mom made me stay up to watch the Superbowl as punishment for pulling an all nighter the night before. She said it was to prevent me from falling asleep and waking up at 1 am BUT it was more like a punishment for me lol.. anyways she said Gaga would be doing the half time show and I wasn't thrilled.. I was still OBSESSED with madonna at this time. Anyways I remember enjoying the superbowl because she performed her past hits but i was still iffy because i noticed how much she had changed  in terms of her voice and face.. yeah ikr?? Anyways I now think Gaga's superbowl is the best one to date.

2018-2019 :

So Freshman year.. quite literally a year of hell imo..I was bored with Madonna because for three years straight I literally listened to every single album of hers every day that her music just had no more life to me. I started getting into Lana Del Rey but I wanted more pop.. On a sudden random whim one day I decided to listen to Poker Face again. And then that day I decided to listen to her other hits pre-joanne.. few months later and I guess you could say I was gaga obsessed again.. By late 2018 I finally loved her again! I remember being on twitter and desperately reloading my TL to catch videos or HQ livestreams from Enigma, but being dissapointed because I couldnt find anything good.. it was that night that I decided to watch The Fame Ball.. then the monster ball..

2019 rolls around and im OBSESSED with her like I was obsessed with madonna in 2015. That June I signed up to GGD as "RahRahBicth". 

Omg you make me feel old even though I was only 7 during the Fame era :giveup:

Mirrion Rizzons
6 hours ago, Heracross said:

Paparazzi: My cousin introduced me to Gaga in 2010, and I heard the song for the first time while watching the video, I became a huge fan.

Born This Way: I heard the song on the radio and didn’t even know Gaga had released it, I knew it was her voice though. 

Judas: I used to think that if I listened to this song I would be sent to hell. But it’s in my top 10 now.

Same with judas I used to imagine myself getting blessed after listening to it :ladyhaha:

Mirrion Rizzons
2 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

Just Dance 

The oldest memory is hearing Just Dance for the very first time. We we're on a school trip in mountains, and my friend had the beginning of the song on ringtone, I straightaway asked the song's name to listen to it in a few days when we're back home - I didn't have internet on my phone back then. The day later teachers have prepared a disco for us, and that's when I've heard the song fully. And the day when I started thinking of music as something more than just nice sounds to pass time with :vegas:

Poker Face

This one's stupid af, I saw my dad watching the music video and I thought it was a polish singer Maryla Rodowicz ( who was over 60 back then :laughga:) JUST BECAUSE OF HER FRINGE :bradley:

ccc0c417f449229e42af2be787b6.jpeg

TFM videos

I remember that I was still in primary school during The Fame Monster era. I've met my best friend, and he loved Gaga too! Telephone and Alejandro premieres were both in the middle of the week, about an hour after we were finishing lessons, so we were running home asap to not miss them, and spending time on polish version of gagadaily counting the last minutes, that was amazing!

Born This Way

BTW was premiered when I was visiting my friend (my first crush :messga:), and when mom came to pick me up and I got into the car it just finished playing on the radio and I've heard the speaker saying how amazing it was, I never got out of the car so fast as back then to listen to it at home!

Aura's Demo

It was the first time I ever went to the seaside alone (about 300kms from my hometown), my friend has found a place for me to sleep for free. His parents owned a guesthouse, and were absent at the time, so he offered me to sleep in the unfinished room of it - it was basically a big concrete room with my matress :laughga: the wi-fi router was there though, so I've had the best connection! :tony: And on my 2nd day I woke up and that's where Gaga's leak happened. I've turned the song on and was like the f is this, then the chorus came in and I've had one of the biggest chills in my life. I was later going to visit my crush, I had to take a bus which drove around 1.5hrs, and all the way there and back I was listening to Aura. Every single day.

Swinefest

It was the evening before my first day of highschool! I think that's my favorite Gaga memory, so many new songs at once, her looks - Aphrodite is still my favorite, that wig is everything, how hypnotized I was during ARTPOP, how I cried during I wanna be with you, and how disappointed I was when she sang Applause because I know it means that's the end of the show

Perfect Illusion

I just moved to the seaside to start the university, but it was still summer. The premiere was in the morning, I think it was 5AM, so I've decided to stay up all night waiting. I was bored so I got on grindr, started talking with a guy, it came out that he was staying up until morning too as his roomate was out in the club and forgot the keys, and since he was living pretty close I've invited him over. I thought we were having a pretty good time getting to know each other, we even decided to visit the zoo next week and meet again, but when he left he texted me something like 'You're such a ***, I thought we were going to ****' :wtfga: An hour later the song premiered and I really didn't like it at first. Then I went to sleep leaving it playing on my phone until a woke up, and I started enjoying in then!

I used to think Gaga was about 40 in her peak hahah

paradox

my friend sent me a link to her myspace before she debuted and i listened to bdr i think it was, wasn't my favourite :huntyga: then i forgot about her until i heard just dance on the radio a few months later, and i'd always sing it wrong thinking it was "let's dance" :ladyhaha:

then every release after that i was hooked and became a stan, the rest is herstory 

Yxilon

My first memory of Lady Gaga is the beginning of Poker Face video on MTV and me being 11 years old laughing at her bc if you come out from a swimming pool then you should wear a bikini :mark:

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Head Empty

The first Gaga song I heard while consciously knowing it's her, was Poker Face. I hated pop music back then, and I remember thinking "omg another talentless wh*re" :ladyhaha: (:madge:)

Then I spent a few more videos of hers enjoying the "funny" hate comments that called her a man etcetera. Then I landed on some interviews and her acoustic performances... And I was like "Wait a minute"...

Wendy Williams Wtf GIF

And I've renounced clownery ever since :whitney:

Archived