Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billboard: 2021 Grammy Album of the Year Contenders

Daylight Jokers

Featured Posts

HEARTSTOP

Everyone in the comments asking for BTS AOTY.

Do they not realize the Grammys are about quality, not number of sales?

Spoiler

supposedly :ladyhaha:

If it was about sales, how many Grammys would miss Katy have already?

IDGAF

Shipper
51 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

Sevdaliza is a great dutch artist! She actually lives only 1 h away from my house :cryga:

Y'all should check her out !!

Im so glad Sevdaliza is getting what she deserves. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

CantGetEnough

This is an unbelievably narrow idea of AOTY, even for Billboard, picking primarily from two, maybe three genres. Bon Iver was nominated last year, Brandi Carlisle the year before...so industry respect comes into this...not just charts. To not include Fetch the Bolt Cutters by Fiona Apple is sort of laughable. The album tops most mid-year album lists and, despite not being a chart darling, she consistently receives nominations. Her peers clearly respect her and many in the industry found FTBC to be a perfect album. 

I get that Billboard is all about charts and sales...especially after these predictions. 

Suuus

Im glad billboard has no saying in the grammy nominations and these are nu ss t predictions so lets not putt to much value into this

FentyGa

i mean tbf i dont rly see chromatica winning

maaybe nominated, but gaga won’t go anyway for the same reason she didnt go this year. the accusations were serious.

LadyEnigma

i’m not gonna be that person but Halsey’s manic has been the best album I’ve heard all year (I might be biased tho because I’m bipolar and that album just SPOKE to me)

ImaginaryEnigmas

I know this thread is about AOTY but I just wanted to say something about the Grammys in general. 

A lot of the categories that Gaga will be nominated in, Dua will also be nominated in also.

For example, Gaga will likely be head to head against Dua for:

- Best Dance / Electronic Album

- Best Dance Recording 

- Album of the Year. 

- Song of the Year.

- Best Pop Vocal Album. 

Dua is a lot more likely to win these categories than Gaga - Dua has the success and universal critical acclaim. On the other hand, Gaga has the success although her album was not as critically appreciated as Dua's.

I can, however, see Gaga winning a Grammy for best pop duo/group performance for Rain on Me. 

Jose P
7 hours ago, Mert said:

The Weeknd will win it anyways, unfortunately. 

More like deservedly. It’s the best album of the year thus far :vegas:

Pretty Savage
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

More like deservedly. It’s the best album of the year thus far :vegas:

I was talking about Grammys. We know how they treated woman in the past. And I really wanted Gaga to get AOTY. But I wouldn't be mad if he wins.. 

StrawberryBlond

It never fails to amaze me how Gaga gets continuously snubbed from a mention in music topics posted by media sources even when she's literally had a #1. Isn't Billboard supposed to be about giving ultimate attention to the most successful acts right now? Chromatica is currently the most successful female album of the year and it didn't even warrant a "quick shout out?" It got a 79 on Metacritic, which is just a whisker under critical acclaim which is higher than some albums featured here so it's not like it's because of low music quality that they're not mentioning her. They'll have egg on their face come nominations announcements, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, ImaginaryEnigmas said:

I know this thread is about AOTY but I just wanted to say something about the Grammys in general. 

A lot of the categories that Gaga will be nominated in, Dua will also be nominated in also.

For example, Gaga will likely be head to head against Dua for:

- Best Dance / Electronic Album

- Best Dance Recording 

- Album of the Year. 

- Song of the Year.

- Best Pop Vocal Album. 

Dua is a lot more likely to win these categories than Gaga - Dua has the success and universal critical acclaim. On the other hand, Gaga has the success although her album was not as critically appreciated as Dua's.

I can, however, see Gaga winning a Grammy for best pop duo/group performance for Rain on Me.

Dua, while she's gained support from the academy recently, has still yet to achieve a US #1, which can limit her chances especially considering she's British and the academy's weird about giving non-Americans awards unless they have ultimate success. She's got big chances for sure, but that album's not been as successful in America as it has in the UK, so that'll always be the big factor. Gaga's out-stripped her achievements with Chromatica, so she's more of a front-runner. But yeah, I'm sure Gaga's nomination for best pop duo is in the bag considering that the only other big name pop collab this year was Stuck With U but that got forgotten about after a few weeks. I'd never sit back expecting a win, however.

alsemanche

What is this list :ladyhaha: 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived