Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Beyonce agree to collab with Gaga?

Featured Posts

At that time, Gaga was still a new artist and many people were unsure about her. Gaga was seen as the weird girl who sings Poker Face. Beyonce is very picky and strategic and dont easily collab with other artists specially not someone like Gaga. She even trusted Gaga and took a huge risk with the Telephone video, Gaga made Beyonce do things she never did in her career. Beyonce said she did not understand the video and was confused during filming, but trusted Gaga vision anyway.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Gaga is Gaga baby :firega:

TimisaMonster

Well Gaga did collab on Video Phone and Gaga had Telephone so Beyonce thought it would be a cool mirror pairing to collab on Gaga's song as well. BTS of Video Phone made it seem they were laughing and had a great time and they appear to have had no beef and supported each other even from a distance although I never see them together anymore all these years later especially since we never got a Telephone performance with them both

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Rat Boy

Reminds me of how Madonna frequently collaborates with younger artists. It introduces her to a new generation and increases her relevancy. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

lavenderblondee

I still wonder this and no performances kind of speaks volumes to me, but...let's not forget, Bey had a resurgence in pop music with Single Ladies (and that whole album) which came out in 2008 and Telephone was 2009. It's not like Bey was this untouchable artist in 2009...she had a name on her, but regardless.

Gaga seemingly had an energy at that point that I think she let off to others, and it was very much a "I know what I'm doing, trust me" sort of vibe.

1 minute ago, lavenderblondee said:

no performances kind of speaks volumes to me

3 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

although I never see them together anymore all these years later especially since we never got a Telephone performance with them both

Do you think it was an intentional decision that Beyonce did not perform Telephone with Gaga?

QueenGaga

“Beyonce is very picky and strategic and dont easily collab with other artists” gurl I- :billie:

OT: Beyoncé was a smart businesswoman sensible enough to know what Gaga would soon become. The biggest star on the planet 

TimisaMonster
4 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

I still wonder this and no performances kind of speaks volumes to me, but...let's not forget, Bey had a resurgence in pop music with Single Ladies (and that whole album) which came out in 2008 and Telephone was 2009. It's not like Bey was this untouchable artist in 2009...she had a name on her, but regardless.

Gaga seemingly had an energy at that point that I think she let off to others, and it was very much a "I know what I'm doing, trust me" sort of vibe.

She still does...she has never been one to collab with many people like most artists do...she is super picky and even when she does collab so many videos and songs never get released....

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

NinaBoninaBrown

By the time they recorded Video Phone, Gaga was already a force to be reckoned with. She had just had 2 #1s off of her debut album, and was being praised worldwide, Beyoncé knew it would smart to collaborate with Gaga before any other major popstar did. And about Telephone MV, when they recorded that, Gaga had already released Paparazzi and Bad Romance, so Beyoncé knew Gaga was not fooling around.

HoneyB

Well it was probably because Gaga was the new *it* girl and it was probably her label’s idea to collab with her. And then Bey wanted her on videphone and called her. Idk, who knows and who cares?:shrug:

I feel like Telephone was a moment for Bey to step away from the “perfect” persona and do a really weird, funny, and campy video. This was during Sasha Fierce and the whole gimmick during that era was stepping away from she usually did, and thus was a more pop oriented era with high fashion, etc. and then Gaga tried to emulate Bey with the videophone video with the leotard, high heels, flowing hair, and sassy persona. They both used their songs to step out of their usual elements/comfort zones

I want them to perform together so bad:fatcat:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Dr Fudge

In 2008/2009 during The Fame, Gaga was the “It” girl before turning into a bonafide  superstar with TFM. Even with just one album to her name. Billie Eilish is the current It girl and I wouldn’t be surprised if she brought on a huge name to collab with for her sophomore album too. Very few have that kind of power.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

lavenderblondee
2 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

She still does...she has never been one to collab with many people like most artists do...she is super picky and even when she does collab so many videos and songs never get released....

Absolutely and that's why I trust any collab she does. :flutter:

Leoj305
Just now, HoneyB said:

Well it was probably because Gaga was the new *it* girl and it was probably her label’s idea to collab with her. And then Bey wanted her on videphone and called her. Idk, who knows and who cares?:shrug:

I feel like Telephone was a moment for Bey to step away from the “perfect” persona and do a really weird, funny, and campy video. This was during Sasha Fierce and the whole gimmick during that era was stepping away from she usually did, and thus was a more pop oriented era with high fashion, etc. and then Gaga tried to emulate Bey with the videophone video with the leotard, high heels, flowing hair, and sassy persona. They both used their songs to step out of their usual elements/comfort zones

Beyoncé he a perfect persona before Sasha Fierce? I recall Beyoncé being a MPG during the B day days. 

Archived