Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Beyonce agree to collab with Gaga?

Featured Posts

JRCF29

Well by the time they recorded the song a) they had already done the Videophone duet, b) Gaga has several Top 10 singles, and c) the media was obsessed with Gaga at that time, and so some of the attention rubbed off on Beyoncé by association. 

The last two parts were probably just an added bonus because Beyoncé likes videophone and wanted to collab with another pop-but-different-pop artist and make a cute bop

Spoiler

But really I’m sure that the commercial prospects factored heavily into Beyoncé’s decision 

Don't Call Me Gaga

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaplayer315

The same reason she keeps collabing with artists nowadays: to stay relevant :billie:

Gracious Gaga

I doubt either Gaga or beyonce were the ones who made it possible. Their record labels put them together.  Gaga didn’t just text Beyoncé n be like “hey come over let’s write a song” :selena: 

I guess what I’m saying is, I wonder how much of a day Beyoncé, or Gaga, really had in this collab 

♥ Kindness Police.

Has Gaga ever commented on the fact that they haven't performed it? Also am I misremembering a tidbit that she actually doesn't really like telephone?

KatieJudasGaga4

Tbh, I think Beyonce would've performed Telephone with Gaga if she wasn't pregnant.

sleepyhead
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

At that time, Gaga was still a new artist and many people were unsure about her. Gaga was seen as the weird girl who sings Poker Face. Beyonce is very picky and strategic and dont easily collab with other artists specially not someone like Gaga. She even trusted Gaga and took a huge risk with the Telephone video, Gaga made Beyonce do things she never did in her career. Beyonce said she did not understand the video and was confused during filming, but trusted Gaga vision anyway.

i think its because there's some sine from above :stalkga:

Aussie

Gaga was THE artist at the time, regardless if she was new. Everyone wanted to collaborate with her

13 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I doubt either Gaga or beyonce were the ones who made it possible. Their record labels put them together.  Gaga didn’t just text Beyoncé n be like “hey come over let’s write a song” :selena: 

I guess what I’m saying is, I wonder how much of a day Beyoncé, or Gaga, really had in this collab 

Record Labels can offer these ideas, but someone as big as Beyonce wouldnt feel pressured to do it. Artists like Beyonce have alot of say on what they want to do. Same with Gaga today..

13 minutes ago, efrs said:

Has Gaga ever commented on the fact that they haven't performed it? Also am I misremembering a tidbit that she actually doesn't really like telephone?

Gaga never mentioned it probably because nobody asked her. And yes Gaga hates Telephone the song and video! But she performed it alot and still does so its weird that Beyonce still hasnt performed with Gaga! 

Midnightrush891

Because she wasn’t doing well, and our Queen was on the top of the world. Much like how Madonna walked around wearing “I’m a Britney fan shirts” and collaborated with her. It’s all about stay relevant.

Gracious Gaga

I do wonder why they never performed it together.  like at an award show or something. could've been a cool VMA performance. idk I don't remember what time of year the single was released- I think it was actually January-ish so maybe could've been performed at the grammies. :shrug: I think it was a missed opportunities for an epic and iconic performance between two legends! 

the song is awful though, regardless :huntyga:

♥ Kindness Police.

1 minute ago, Midnightrush891 said:

Because she wasn’t doing well, and our Queen was on the top of the world. Much like how Madonna walked around wearing “I’m a Britney fan shirts” and collaborated with her. It’s all about stay relevant.

Beyonce was at her highest peak at that time :oops:

4 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I do wonder why they never performed it together.  like at an award show or something. could've been a cool VMA performance. idk I don't remember what time of year the single was released- I think it was actually January-ish so maybe could've been performed at the grammies. :shrug: I think it was a missed opportunities for an epic and iconic performance between two legends! 

the song is awful though, regardless :huntyga:

She performed Poker Face and Speechless at the Grammys instead! Beyonce was at that show so they could have performed.

They both performed at the Super Bowl, yet none of them invited the other.

Beyonce attended the Monster Ball yet she did not join Gaga when performed Telephone!

Coachella sets is another show they could have performed it togather.

Gracious Gaga
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah she performed Poker Face and Speechless at the Grammys instead! Beyonce was at that show so they could have performed.

omg thats right. well that was an iconic performance. and Elton John n all. but poker face & telephone w/ Beyonce could've been next level.

♥ Kindness Police.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, DavidLuis198 said:

I don't have much to add to the conversation since I became a fan of both a little after those music videos came out (and it was the first time I got into Pop music)

Buuuuuuut, I'm to this day am kinda sad that Beyoncé didn't even gave Telephone a nod on her Coachella set :fatcat:

She rarely does features/acknowledges features. I was surprised she gave a nod to that J Balvin song.

2 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

omg thats right. well that was an iconic performance. and Elton John n all. but poker face & telephone w/ Beyonce could've been next level.

Yeah and she had the yellow hair like in Telephone! Perfect time to perform it :(

Archived