💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Alice vs. Free Woman: Which do you think would be the bigger hit?

Jase

Which do you think would be the bigger hit?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think would be the bigger hit?

Featured Posts

Cancel both of them (even tho Alice is my fav song off Chromatica)
Release Sour Candy followed by Replay. :vegas:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Twitter

Free Woman will probably be popular faster but Alice will be more memorable and popular.

Economy
On 7/1/2020 at 10:27 AM, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Although it took me a while to put Alice up there as one of the tracks I like on Chromatica, I chose it over FW.

Here's why:

My reasoning is simply because it did better than FW in every market past day 2 on streaming, and nearly every country sans America streaming is more important

if Alice was put on local playlists, it would bring in more streams. Free Woman is kind of gay and appeals to women, so it's marginalising a big percentage of potential streamers.

Although Alice would do better on radio perhaps, that wouldn't mean anything as far as streaming is concerned, as we've seen time and time again and with SL. Big airplay </> Big streaming. 

So Alice WW, FW CAN/USA

But they'd both do bad ngl :selena:

Fans use arguements like this a lot but songs on albums that get the most streams can be a poor metric to base on which song would actually do best as a single

There's variables those numbers don't tell u or account for

As a single suddenly its not just fans or ppl that like the album specifically that matter anymore. It becomes about the GP, radio friendliness etc

Fan favorites can also sometimes get a lot of replays by the same people inflating the numbers

An album track being the most streamed doesn't automatically mean it would do the best as a single

HookerOnAChurch

Free Woman would be a huge hit without a doubt. Alice is one of my fav songs on Chromatica maybe it could work as closing single of the era... The radio will grab Free Woman. 

Genuine Guy 09
21 minutes ago, Economy said:

An album track being the most streamed doesn't automatically mean it would do the best as a single

Correct, and if i thought that I'd have said 911 should be a single, but i didn't. 911 has lower playlisting than FW and still outstreams it daily and did so upon release. However...

The daily streaming numbers are so low for chromtica now, that replay and SFA are out streaming fun tonight - but the first three weeks, Fun Tonight far outstreamed them. Alice has been a track that has consistenly outstreamed - when the numbers were high AND low. So when the GP arent streaming and when they are Alice did the best. 

You have to look at all 3 metrics, radio, sales, and streaming - and Alice actually out peaked FW first day on sales and streams and was able to chart at #29 on the UK Chart. If FW and 911 had been able to chart in the UK, then 911 would have even charted higher than FW - but 911 still wouldn't do as well on radio.

I do think it would be close between the two with 911 not being chosen because it didnt do as well on digital sales - but i think if Alice could crack radio she would ultimately fair better. Free Woman is only going to do well in Airplay and that counts for nothing outside of the US and the UK.

Personally i would choose Sour Candy, and Fun Tonight as the fourth single. It is radio friendly, did about as well as SFA on digital sales, and has the lowest playlist reach but was the 7th most streamed track on Chromatica during the first three weeks - Free Woman should have done a hell of a lot better if it was single #3 material iMO

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Roboboy

come on y'all - Free Woman is easily the bigger hit with the GP. Alice I love but its starting to annoy me cause its so repetitive

Economy
6 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Correct, and if i thought that I'd have said 911 should be a single, but i didn't. 911 has lower playlisting than FW and still outstreams it daily and did so upon release. However...

The daily streaming numbers are so low for chromtica now, that replay and SFA are out streaming fun tonight - but the first three weeks, Fun Tonight far outstreamed them. Alice has been a track that has consistenly outstreamed - when the numbers were high AND low. So when the GP arent streaming and when they are Alice did the best. 

You have to look at all 3 metrics, radio, sales, and streaming - and Alice actually out peaked FW first day on sales and streams and was able to chart at #29 on the UK Chart. If FW and 911 had been able to chart in the UK, then 911 would have even charted higher than FW - but 911 still wouldn't do as well on radio.

I do think it would be close between the two with 911 not being chosen because it didnt do as well on digital sales - but i think if Alice could crack radio she would ultimately fair better. Free Woman is only going to do well in Airplay and that counts for nothing outside of the US and the UK.

Personally i would choose Sour Candy, and Fun Tonight as the fourth single. It is radio friendly, did about as well as SFA on digital sales, and has the lowest playlist reach but was the 7th most streamed track on Chromatica during the first three weeks - Free Woman should have done a hell of a lot better if it was single #3 material iMO

If Sour Candy were to be a single I think it should either be the 3rd single or not at all

It's a track that's known by too many people and got too much attention (even some radio stations played it including here in Toronto)

If it was chosen as a 4th single I think it would feel too old to people tbh for anyone to get hyped

I do think it's a good single choice but it would have to be the next single. I think for 4tg single it would be best to choose a track not so well known among non-fans tbh

Economy
5 minutes ago, LG6IsHere said:

come on y'all - Free Woman is easily the bigger hit with the GP. Alice I love but its starting to annoy me cause its so repetitive

I think it's the safer moderate hit it's how I see it

It's too radio friendly and likeable to totally flop. I think it's a guaranteed top 20 at least

But it's also too ordinary and generic to stand out and smash especially being a 3rd single which means less pent up hype

Other tracks on the album I think are more risk but more potential reward if they caught on. They can totally flop but also have the potential to do better if they caught on

For a 3rd single tho if she's not gonna do promo, I'd go with a safe song like Sour Candy or Free Woman

Higher risk songs despite more potential, it would take a lot more effort to catch on are more likely to flop especially as a 3rd single and Gaga doing squat all in terms of promo

RAMROD

Alice imho, it already bang from the first note.

Free Woman takes a moment to get you there.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Genuine Guy 09
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

if Sour Candy were to be a single I think it should either be the 3rd single or not at all

It's a track that's known by too many people and got too much attention (even some radio stations played it including here in Toronto)

Yes - thats' what i meant, Sour Candy is definitley the third single at the start of August. It's summery, it's replayable, its just about radio friendly and its BLACKPINK :) 

Radio in UK spin it every so often as they do in Europe too - they sort of picked it as the 'B' side to ROM it seems - it also does good daily streams since it's release 5 weeks ago - enough to not just be a 'fan favourite'. When it gets a MV and re-added to TTHs ,it will be a great way for her to continue the commercial success started with this era.

Fourth single for September/October, i pick Fun Tonight just because it is more ballad-like/HAC which GP like from Gaga, and its not as summery as the rest of the album so she can promo it in fall - whatever she chooses wont do as well as a post album streaming era single but with FT she can use it to perform and sell Chromatica

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Justin Drew Bieber

Alice is a filler. I’d like Free Woman but for it to sound more like the demo.

Economy
Just now, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Yes - thats' what i meant, Sour Candy is definitley the third single at the start of August. It's summery, it's replayable, its just about radio friendly and its BLACKPINK :) 

Radio in UK spin it every so often as they do in Europe too - they sort of picked it as the 'B' side to ROM it seems - it also does good daily streams since it's release 5 weeks ago - enough to not just be a 'fan favourite' when it gets  MV and re-added to TTHs it will be a great way for her to continue the commercial success started with this era.

Fourth single i pick Fun Tonight just because it is more ballad-like/HAC which GP like from Gaga, and its not as summery as the rest of the album so she can promo it in fall - whatever she chooses wont do as well as a post album streaming era single but with FT she can use it to perform and sell Chromatica

I agree it would be a great single. I was just pointing out if they chose it as one it has to be the next one

Because if they picked a different 3rd single, the song is too known and would feel too old to wait until a 4tg single. It just wouldn't have that impact anymore

If they didn't chose it as a 3rd single then I wouldn't pick it as a 4th either

BillieGOAT
On 7/1/2020 at 10:27 AM, Genuine Guy 09 said:

But they'd both do bad ngl :selena:

Came here to say this :fatcat:

Archived