Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga Confronts Calvin Harris on Twitter

Skins

Featured Posts

Gagaloo911

2hdmxw4.jpg

loving this!! Thanks for clearing things up gagz. I never doubted you tho. Knew you had a reason :hor:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sexxx

• Jase

• Americano

• omglion

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see this side of her, I'm glad she's not taking the high road as much these days.

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

I was just thinking about potential for a collab this morning, guess it's never happening now. :toofunny:

2hdmxw4.jpg

What does this even mean?

She wanted to make sure he/we knew? Knew what?

...Am I missing something :huh:

I don't get this... And this makes me quite angry at Gaga along with some of her fans...

You all praise the pants off Gaga when she refused to "retaliate" with the whole Madonna backlash, when she gave that AMAZING speech before belting out Hair... we all called her classy, dignified and generally a good human being.

THEN... She yells at Calvin Harris for something that happened YEARS ago... She's being a rude, egotistical, patronising b*tch... And again... You all PRAISE her for it? Double standard much?

And I KNOW that's not what she is.... She's one of the most genuinely lovely people in the entire industry... who actually seems to give a crap about her fans.... but this "BitchyGaga" was just out right rude.

:crossed:

Kingdom Gaga

What does this even mean?

She wanted to make sure he/we knew? Knew what?

...Am I missing something :huh:

made sure he knew the truth aka what she wrote in that post.

I don't get this... And this makes me quite angry at Gaga along with some of her fans...

You all praise the pants off Gaga when she refused to "retaliate" with the whole Madonna backlash, when she gave that AMAZING speech before belting out Hair... we all called her classy, dignified and generally a good human being.

THEN... She yells at Calvin Harris for something that happened YEARS ago... She's being a rude, egotistical, patronising b*tch... And again... You all PRAISE her for it? Double standard much?

And I KNOW that's not what she is.... She's one of the most genuinely lovely people in the entire industry... who actually seems to give a crap about her fans.... but this "BitchyGaga" was just out right rude.

:crossed:

This didn't happen years ago though.

He just had an interview where he, unnecessarily, said gaga reached out to him and wanted him to produce a track. He then said he turned her down because he is not a fan of her music.

HE is the one bringing up **** from years ago, and he is spinning the truth to make it seem as if Gaga is not a legitimate songwriter and has no input into the production of her songs.

It isn't a bad thing to stand up for yourself, especially for a female who feels she is disrespected and not taken seriously in a male dominated industry.

Edited by DirtyRichHooker

This didn't happen years ago though.

He just had an interview where he, unnecessarily, said gaga reached out to him and wanted him to produce a track. He then said he turned her down because he is not a fan of her music.

HE is the one bringing up **** from years ago, and he is spinning the truth to make it seem as if Gaga is not a legitimate songwriter and has no input into the production of her songs.

It isn't a bad thing to stand up for yourself, especially for a female who feels she is disrespected and not taken seriously in a male dominated industry.

Even so... the way she handled it... was pretty appalling.... And I don't really understand why she brought gender into this? Calvin said NOTHING about her being a woman...

I didn't know he gave an interview... I'd have to look it up and see what he said in order to try and see where he was coming from... but I still found what she said to be totally unnecessary... no matter what Calvin said... :noparty:

Even so... the way she handled it... was pretty appalling.... And I don't really understand why she brought gender into this? Calvin said NOTHING about her being a woman...

I didn't know he gave an interview... I'd have to look it up and see what he said in order to try and see where he was coming from... but I still found what she said to be totally unnecessary... no matter what Calvin said... :noparty:

Personally I see nothing wrong with her standing up for herself.

He didn't need to say anything about gender, what gaga said was correct. He portrayed her as a "desperate female artist", reaching out for talented, famous producers so she can catch her big break. (Of course her songs where awful though, so she needed a good producer). Even if this was not his intention, females in the entertainment business cop a lot of scrutiny and criticism from the media and GP.

It isn't the first time notable people and magazines have assumed she doesn't write her own music, and there have been more then a few artists that have publicly expressed interest in writing a song for gaga.

She is always having to make clear that she writes and co-produces all of her records. Even other females such as Nicki Minaj (and Lil Kim before her) have had to deal with claims that a more talented male wrote their songs for them. Same for Courtney Love.

You can't blame Gaga for being defensive, as a woman she has to face attacks that she isn't a legitimate artist everyday. Good on her for standing up for herself and making it clear that she isn't a woman that can be walked over. She needs to do that.